Whether you like him, hate him, or he scares the hell out of you...

eball

...the bottom line in this results-oriented game of football is since the early stages of the 3rd quarter in week one, Fitz has thrown 8 TDs, 0 picks, and the Bills have outscored their opponents 80-45.

I really still don't know what to make of Fitz, but it's amazing what having a good OL and DL can do for a team.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel like I have as many questions as answers with Fitz. He's looked solid and efficient the last 2 weeks. More shakey after Spiller went down yesterday but still okay. Next week will be a big test without either of the star RB's. Are they saving the long bomb to TJ for the *pats?

...the bottom line in this results-oriented game of football is since the early stages of the 3rd quarter in week one, Fitz has thrown 8 TDs, 0 picks, and the Bills have outscored their opponents 80-45.

I really still don't know what to make of Fitz, but it's amazing what having a good OL and DL can do for a team.

In the last two games, he has played like we want him to - tone down on the gun-slinging style, take the safe play and let the run guide the O. It has helped that we have not played from behind which sometimes necessitates a bigger pass/run ratio. It is imperative that the D plays extra well against teams like the Pats* . So far so good but we need at least one of Fjax/CJ to keep this strategy going well esp against the better teams of the league. Our OL so far has helped a lot and yesterday we looked like a Shanahan coached Broncos O- plug in 'anybody' at RB and get good yards.

He is who he is and you get what you get. Yeah, they beat the winless Browns and the should be winless Chefs, but there will be problems when he's pressured. He had a few in the last 2 weeks....A FEW....that shoulda been intercepted. The empty hand fumble. Name the last dominant QB that you had that "box of chocolates" feeling.

I think his top end is about 9 wins unless the Bills have THEE best running game in the NFL and their defense plays a lot better.

i dont see how we're able to be successful with how scattershot fitz's passes are. bills receivers should have had 4 or 5 more catches but fitzpatrick's placement is terrible.

bills receivers should have had 3 more catches, if Stevie Johnson didn't drop them. This is the bigs. If the football hits you in the hands, you gotta catch it.

Fitz has been playing well the last 2 games. I'm happy with that. Actually, I 'm happy with the whole team.

Against the Chiefs and the Browns.

I'm not hating on Fitz, but he needs to be consistent. With this OL, he needs to improve against top competition and not just the dregs of the NFL. If there's no consistency and he can't cut the errant "Who the hell was that pass to?" and limited-distance problem, we need to move on and get a guy who can make all the throws at whatever distance.... It won't matter that they didn't go to Harvard and all that. Our QB for the next 6-8 years can't be so limited in this passing league.

Fitz bought himself a couple more starts. Our 2 wins are against teams a combined 1-5, and should be 0-6-We havent betaen anyone yet. It is on Fitz now without Freddie and CJ...If he can get 2 wins in next 4 games-which will be tough, he will probably finish the season, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him fall apart...lose then next 4, and see Tavaris Jackson in there for second half of season either.

Fitz bought himself a couple more starts. Our 2 wins are against teams a combined 1-5, and should be 0-6-We havent betaen anyone yet. It is on Fitz now without Freddie and CJ...If he can get 2 wins in next 4 games-which will be tough, he will probably finish the season, but I wouldnt be shocked to see him fall apart...lose then next 4, and see Tavaris Jackson in there for second half of season either.

Really? Thanks coach. So, if we lose Sunday and Fitz plays poorly, does Tavaris Jackson get the keys to the car for the 49ers game? I didn't realize Fitz's grasp on the starting QB job was so tenuous.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

He didn't buy himself anything. He was never in any danger of being benched in the first place. Bought himself a couple more starts, give me a break.

I mean its the Chiefs and Browns and they won because of Spiller. We'll see if Ryan Fitzmuddbutt can beat the Patriots with no offensive help at RB. He didn't throw it more than what 22 times in each game? Without a RB he's gonna have to now we get to see how crappy or decent he is... Please try not to make it seem like he won the last two games when its obvious he was just there nothing special.

The real question should be.. When we go out on Offense do you say to yourself " Please Fitz don't F**k it up or Fitz is gonna score?" Im a say 95% of people say the First not the latter... I should make that my first thread LOL...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

I have some land for sale in Florida, you interested? :doh:

I mean its the Chiefs and Browns and they won because of Spiller. We'll see if Ryan Fitzmuddbutt can beat the Patriots with no offensive help at RB. He didn't throw it more than what 22 times in each game? Without a RB he's gonna have to now we get to see how crappy or decent he is... Please try not to make it seem like he won the last two games when its obvious he was just there nothing special.

The real question should be.. When we go out on Offense do you say to yourself " Please Fitz don't F**k it up or Fitz is gonna score?" Im a say 95% of people say the First not the latter... I should make that my first thread LOL...

What? He was 22-35 yesterday. He has also been the Bills QB for 42 games now, but now your going to determine how good or bad he is? Oh boy!

Did you even watch the game? He was 22-35/208/3.