A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) Week after week, I rave about Levitre, and with good reason. Today, just this once, the blocker on the Buffalo Bills who played the best was Eric Wood. He played the game of his life.

2) Moorman had a truly lousy day. Obviously, this is something to watch.

3) A. Williams had his best game today as a Buffalo Bill. Hopefully he can build off of this. And btw, the pass interference call against him in the 2nd qtr. was utter b.s. If anything, HE was hit.

4) You see, today, there were many unsung heros. Moats, who by the way was trampled last year on running plays, had 2 crucial run stops in the first quarter alone. In the 3rd quarter, he had a very good play in pass coverage. When players such as Moats, Justin Rogers, and Choice step up, we can, and will win football games.

5) Gilmore got his ass handed to him today. He was smoked on more than one pass, and was taken out on several running plays.

6) Statistically, Fitz had a very good day. But a few of his throws were weird and dangerous. He really has to improve for us to make the playoffs imo. As good as his numbers were, he was causing me a great deal of nervous frustration.

7) I wish I was a headlight,

on a North bound train;

I wish I was a headlight,

on a North bound train;

I'd shine my light through the,

cool Colorado rain.

8) Before his key 4th quarter sack (or 1/2 sack), I was going to say that Dareus had a rather pedestrian game today. But, he too came through in the clutch. And it was great to see Mario step it up a bit. Anderson is a clear improvement over Kelsay. It was all cool on the DL today.

9) Gailey's play calling before the deuce in the first half was atrocious. Two incomplete passes with 2:12 to go in the 1st half, a 7 point lead, and getting the ball in the second half??? He gave Clevelanmd the ball with too much time, and too many time outs. The truth is, we got lucky. He was making no sense at all.

10) It sucks to lose a home run hitter such as Spiller, and I do hope he comes back soon. And speaking of home run hitters, welcome to the NFL Mr. Graham. The TD pass he caught was a GREAT call, as opposed to the above.

11) Nick Barnett is a player who I would take on my football team any day of the week. He is smart, steady and talented.

12) Stevie Johnson gets open. He really does, more than any receiver we have had in a decade or so.

13) Congrats fellow Bills Fans!!! We are 2-1, and in contention. Yes, I am aware of the fact that 3 consecutive tough games await us. But as we speak, we are tied for first place!!!!!!!! And I am loving it!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea pretty much and pats are going to be 1-3 :devil:

North bound train?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Week after week, I rave about Levitre, and with good reason. Today, just this once, the blocker on the Buffalo Bills who played the best was Eric Wood. He played the

game of his life.

The OL as a unit is playing at a very high level. The player I focused on was Cordy Glenn. He is a stud tackle who rarely goes down and is terrific on passing plays where he consistently stays in front of the defender. Usually, rookies have very uneven performances when they play. Not him. He has played as a mature player and seamlessly has blended in with the other linemen. As a second round selection he is a steal.

Our best defensive player on the field by far is Mario Williams. He is taking the pressure off of the other linemen by garnering the attention of the offensive blockers and allowing the other players on the line more room to maneuver. The wrong way to evaluate Mario Williams is to use sacks as your measuring stick. He is playing with a bad hand and yet he is still the focus of attention of the offensive blockers. He is our difference maker on defense.

Fitz had a very good day. But a few of his throws were weird and dangerous. He really has to improve for us to make the playoffs imo. As good as his numbers were, he was causing me a great deal of nervous frustration.

Fitz fulfilled his role very well i.e. he managed the offense. Most of his throws were underneath the defense, with very few long distant passes. That's fine with me. As long as he plays within himself (limitations} he will do fine. I'm worried that the loss of Spiller is going to allow the defense to play a tighter game and make Fitz less effective. In the limit amount of time that Spiller played in this game he demonstrated how dynamic a player he is and how important he is as a playmaker. I hope his injury isn't long-term.

And speaking of home run hitters, welcome to the NFL Mr. Graham. The TD pass he caught was a GREAT call, as opposed to the above.

What impresses me the most about Graham at this point is that he has very good hands. Speedster don't usually catch the ball too well. He might be a little raw but he is going to be force fed into contributing sooner than the coaches had planned.

5) Gilmore got his ass handed to him today. He was smoked on more than one pass, and was taken out on several running plays.

Rookie CBs usually struggle and have inconsistent games. It is part of the learning process. He is going to be a good player for us. Don't fret it Bill. Be patient and you will be rewarded. Review the Spiller development.

Mooreman was mentioned twice: People, hew as not "terrible," he was intentionally punting the ball away from the most dangerous return man in the NFL. . . . A 30 yard punt that goes out of bounce on the side is much better than a 50 yard punt that gets run back into the end zone. Granted, maybe a few could go longer, but if you're gong to miss on them, miss outside, never inside the hash marks --- and that is what he did today.

Mooreman was mentioned twice: People, hew as not "terrible," he was intentionally punting the ball away from the most dangerous return man in the NFL. . . . A 30 yard punt that goes out of bounce on the side is much better than a 50 yard punt that gets run back into the end zone. Granted, maybe a few could go longer, but if you're gong to miss on them, miss outside, never inside the hash marks --- and that is what he did today.

That is just not true, IMO. The first bad one was from the 39 and went 27 yards. OB at the 12 is not a good punt in that situation, there is no chance Cribbs would be returning it. The second one was 36 yards and OB at the 20, a terrible punt. The third one was from the Bills 27 and traveled 30 yards and OB, just a terrible punt.

I don't know how I feel about today. I felt like we didn't want to win at times. But a win is a win. We'll need it, as its very possible we lose the next two or three games.

Same here. But I think the entire team literally deflated after the spiller injury..they were probably thinking, "great, here we go again, lost best offensive player two weeks ago, and now lost best offensive player today". I thought we were going to blow it but credit to the players for keeping their heads in the game and putting the game away in the 4th.

As a side, a win away from home in bad weather is a great win no matter the opponent. Everyone belittled our win last week vs. the Chiefs and then this week the Chiefs go into NO and beat the saints. This NFL is nuts. Any win is a big win.

Go Bills!

Edited by bobobonators

It wasn't a pretty game, but it seemed like when the Browns were ready to take over the game and keep momentum, the Bills defense made a stand and the offense answered with a drive.

Buffalo should beat a team with this many flaws and they did, but the Bills have to limit miscues against the good teams (e.g, Gilmore getting turned around in coverage, costly penalties, etc.) if they want to keep winning.

this game scared me week one Cleveland should have beaten the Eagles and choked at the end losing 17-16, then fought the Bengals losing a close one 34-27 with a three hundred yard passer, a 100 yard rusher and six sacks. Any road win is good - no apology from me 2-1 and moving on. Lastly Cribbs is Cleveland's best player not letting him get loose on a return was a big part of holding them down. Good punts or bad punts = no return was the key

Edited by CardinalScotts

I'm usually a Fitz apologist but today I have to agree with the detractors. He made some important plays and avoided picks but was really off-target on some throws. Maybe the rain was bothering him on those throws as it seemed to on the "fumble."

Whatever the cause, Fitz averaged less than 6 yards per pass attempt and barely threw for 200 yards against a weak Browns secondary (the Browns Pass D was ranked 28th in the NFL). Fitz hasn't yet this year looked at proficient as he did during the first 7 games of last season and it's starting to worry me. I'm happy for the win but with CJ and FredEx both hurting, we need better from Fitz next week.

Really an unbelievable assessment considering the sewer foam we've endured over the last ten years at the QB position. But am I falling for a facetious post?

Why is it when Ben Rothlesburger or Eli Manning have rough game and win they "gutted one out" but if Fitz has a bad stretch in a game we won in spite of him?

PTR

Because BR and EM are 2 time SB winning QB's. Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn't QB'd a team to a playoff appearance.

Why is it when Ben Rothlesburger or Eli Manning have rough game and win they "gutted one out" but if Fitz has a bad stretch in a game we won in spite of him?

PTR

Because both of them have proven themselves to be winners, with two SB each, and Fitz has yet to prove himself, let alone do that. I am a Fitz fan, so it's not like I am just saying that. I just understand the distinction. I think Fitz will prove his naysayers wrong. Hopefully this year.

Because BR and EM are 2 time SB winning QB's. Ryan Fitzpatrick hasn't QB'd a team to a playoff appearance.

so! it's a team game.

Do you think BR or EM would have won 2 SBs had they played for the Bills? With the Bills lack of talent the last 10 years, I sure as hell don't.

Nice post, though I have to disagree about Williams being very good and Gilmore being horrible. Williams was beaten on quite a few of those plays that he defended, it was only the under-throws by Weeden that allowed him to make a play at all. Good job making the play but a few good throws and he's toasted for at least 2 TDs.

Also, other than the horrible job on the TD he allowed I didn't notice Gilmore getting toasted at all. In fact, I don't remember seeing him around the ball much after a reception - which is a good thing.

Overall I'm fairly happy with the CB play considering the Bills two starting CBs have a combined total of 15 games played after today. It's a tough position to transition to and while they've made plenty of mistakes, I'm encouraged by what I've seen.

Because I needed the double standard explained to me.

PTR

It's a double standard when Player A has two Super Bowl rings and is regarded universally around the league as a franchise QB when Player B has no Super Bowl rings or playoff appearances or winning seasons and is not regarded as as franchise QB?

It's a double standard when Player A has two Super Bowl rings and is regarded universally around the league as a franchise QB when Player B has no Super Bowl rings or playoff appearances or winning seasons and is not regarded as as franchise QB?

So I assume that applies equally to all QBs who have not won a SB? Cam Newton? Jay Cutler?

PTR