That was a successful gut check...

We've all seen past Bills teams fold like a pair of deuces upon adversity. After the Spiller injury, terrible "fumble" call, futility on 3rd down, and a couple nice drives by Weeden, it seemed as if the worm was turning.

But the entire team (D-line especially) stepped up. They got pressure on the QB, made Richardson look like the rookie he is and patched together a long drive at the best possible time.

Props to all of them. Nobody had a noticeably bad game.

We've all seen past Bills teams fold like a pair of deuces upon adversity. After the Spiller injury, terrible "fumble" call, futility on 3rd down, and a couple nice drives by Weeden, it seemed as if the worm was turning.

But the entire team (D-line especially) stepped up. They got pressure on the QB, made Richardson look like the rookie he is and patched together a long drive at the best possible time.

agreed! :thumbsup:

totally agree. Actually kind of surprised by the lack of enthusiasm around here. Usually after a win people are losing their minds on the board. Maybe because there was no one dominant player? Everyone gutted because of Spiller? I don't know, but I thought it was a good win and definitely feel better about the team than I did last week.

totally agree. Actually kind of surprised by the lack of enthusiasm around here. Usually after a win people are losing their minds on the board. Maybe because there was no one dominant player? Everyone gutted because of Spiller? I don't know, but I thought it was a good win and definitely feel better about the team than I did last week.

I think it's mostly this. And it upsets me too, but Choice went on to average 4.5 YPC against a rather stout defense. If the O-line keeps making holes, there will be somebody to run through them.

This game, and the lessons learned/confidence built, will most likely show up later in the season.

Listening to a moron caller on WGR right this second...talking about how Fitz stats don't count because they weren't all down field throws....

Where's that "throw down the field myth" thread again? EDIT: Here it is: http://forums.twobil...downfield-myth/

The team was shaken. No doubt about it. But, a with a team like this and how tight they are, how could we not expect them to be shaken up? Their friend just got hurt badly. You could say we "escaped" into half time. Fine. You could say that we didn't shake it off right away in the 3rd. Also fine.

However, that's where the...valid...criticism ends. End of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th...we shook it off and took the game away from the Browns. This was a different team in the 4th qtr. That is undeniable.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The D manned up big time. The Bills were only up 17-14 and the offense went 3 and out Cleveland had the ball decent field position and the D got the ball back to the offense. The offense drove the field and put the game away. The D got the turnover and the offense ran the clock (Although they could have had a 1st down on that first drive but that's nit picky).

Its Cleveland, but it was an away game in the NFL and you get the hurt of losing the hottest weapon in the NFL early in the game. Throw in a bad call and this game could have gotten away from us. It was starting to remind me of the Cincy game last year. The team gets a lead but it slowly goes away and we let a winable game slip.

All in all it was a solid win. Fitz managed another game but made plays when he had to all I can say is the Bills got a win a solid win.

Chan needs to center this team and have them totally focused on the Patsies* next week. They're very beatable. Sure, we're limping a bit, but the Patsies* MUST GO DOWN!!!

The D manned up big time. The Bills were only up 17-14 and the offense went 3 and out Cleveland had the ball decent field position and the D got the ball back to the offense. The offense drove the field and put the game away. The D got the turnover and the offense ran the clock (Although they could have had a 1st down on that first drive but that's nit picky).

Its Cleveland, but it was an away game in the NFL and you get the hurt of losing the hottest weapon in the NFL early in the game. Throw in a bad call and this game could have gotten away from us. It was starting to remind me of the Cincy game last year. The team gets a lead but it slowly goes away and we let a winable game slip.

All in all it was a solid win. Fitz managed another game but made plays when he had to all I can say is the Bills got a win a solid win.

Make no mistake, Cleveland was looking at this as a win-able game. They're 0-3 now, and could go 0-the season.

How many teams can have their #3 RB get 91 yards on the ground on the road against a decent defense in less than 3 quarters.

thats what a good o-line can do.

and i agree. this was a very good effort by the whole team. could easily have folded with cj out. but they fought and won. like it a lot

That offensive PI on Donald Jones was a joke, he didn't push that corner, that DB was reeling backwards. Thought that was going to derail the momentum we started to build.

I didn't like the call against Aaron Williams on Byrd's interception either, there was contact, but it was not incidental and the ball was badly thrown. If they called that one they should have flagged Sheldon Brown all afternoon everytime he covered Stevie,

The game eerily was starting to remind me of the Cincy game last year...

Bills go down to an 0-2 team in Ohio with a rookie QB they should win against, start out good taking a lead, then kind of stall out in the middle part of the game. Last year, they never really got back on track and Cincy just started rolling on us, throwing deep to AJ Green over and over. Today, the DLine stepped up and took care of business when it mattered...1st and 10 from our 42 after a shanked Moorman punt, Play action pass by Weeden trying to go to the endzone, and Williams and Dareus collapse their men and are on Weeden so fast he can barely look up after coming out of play action. Weeden was getting pressured more and more as the game wore on, especially in the 4th quarter. Bills came back out and ran the ball down the Browns throat, then finished it off with a couple of nicely designed plays, the final one being the TD to Stevie.

Very happy this team seems to handle adversity a little better and are much better to stem the tide on the defensive side of the ball. That run D is no joke either...Richardson 12 carries for 23 yards with a long of 6 yards(the TD run where Barnett had him in the backfield). Third straight game where the opposing running back had very little room until the game was pretty much over...