C.J. Updates ?

CJPearl2

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have espn insider there's a new rumor saying BOTH may be back and it's bugging me not knowing if there's new info or not

well nothings been released or said today, but ever since Monday its been reported BOTH could be back for the game...Spillers injury was not as serious as they expected and its all about his pain tolerance/how this week goes....Jackson has progressed faster than anticipated, and he put his chances at 75 percent....so it all depends on this week of practices and how their injuries respond....theres your update

well nothings been released or said today, but ever since Monday its been reported BOTH could be back for the game...Spillers injury was not as serious as they expected and its all about his pain tolerance/how this week goes....Jackson has progressed faster than anticipated, and he put his chances at 75 percent....so it all depends on this week of practices and how their injuries respond....theres your update

Deep breath, Bills fans. We'll get some info after today's practice. I know it's an agonizing several hours away, but I promise you (unless you live outside the continental US), before you go to bed tonight, you'll know something--which is more than we know now.

Deep breath, Bills fans. We'll get some info after today's practice. I know it's an agonizing several hours away, but I promise you (unless you live outside the continental US), before you go to bed tonight, you'll know something--which is more than we know now.

im gonna have to slightly disagree haha, I bet we will still know "Both could play" on sunday after todays practice haha...and it will probably be that way until friday evening

I have the mobile version so I don't have the emotes but I think there's one with a knife going through his head. I want that one. Your such a jerk Cat. Lol.

You can emote on the phone you just need to know the alpha version of it. Without the spaces : lol : becomes :lol:

If you want to figure out all of the just click on a post using a : devil : :devil: and find out.

Edited by inkman

Anyone have espn insider there's a new rumor saying BOTH may be back and it's bugging me not knowing if there's new info or not

No new info on Insider. They just recap what we've already seen here. Fred's not ruling himself out and for CJ it's just a matter of his pain and discomfort level.

lol yes i was well aware they both could potentially be back, hence the "new info" question i was asking just figured given the fact that the story was from 8:46 this morning it must be a new development considering we knew on monday that spillers injury wasnt as serious and fj said he was 70-75% sure he was playing

So Given that we're playing Bellicheat. Who always plays with IR report, or more accurately does not give out detailed injury information.

The Bills should continue to say that F-Jax and Spiller are doubtful and will be game time decisions.

Start the First series with Tashard Choice, then sneak both Spiller and F-Jax on the field unexpectedly, before the defense has time to adjust.

If Spiller could play 1 play on Sunday it would have the Pats scrambling.

Basically the less we know, means the less the Pats know and the less the Pats know the better it will be for Sunday.

Edited by Why So Serious?

So Given that we're playing Bellicheat. Who always plays with IR report, or more accurately does not give out detailed injury information.

The Bills should continue to say that F-Jax and Spiller are doubtful and will be game time decisions.

Start the First series with Tashard Choice, then sneak both Spiller and F-Jax on the field unexpectedly, before the defense has time to adjust.

If Spiller could play 1 play on Sunday it would have the Pats scrambling.

Basically the less we know, means the less the Pats know and the less the Pats know the better it will be for Sunday.

Only 1 problem with this: inactives post at NFL headquarters at 12:00 p.m.

If both backs are active, they'll know we plan to use them.

1 hour before the game won't help Belly Ache "game plan" as they are in the final stages of warming up for the game.

For in-week game-planning, obviously the above is true.

My point to WSS was that NE would not be surprised to see either player (or both) run onto the field if they know they're active...they'd have time to adjust.

For in-week game-planning, obviously the above is true.

My point to WSS was that NE would not be surprised to see either player (or both) run onto the field if they know they're active...they'd have time to adjust.

They won't have time to adjust if TChoice is out there for 1st and 10 and then on 3rd and 6 Spiller and FredEx rotate in.

I would expect an immediate time out if that happened.

I dont want either one to play if they are hurt.....we are going to need them AFTER this game

You've stated this several times, and while I'm mostly inclined to agree with on just about all other topics, I don't understand why you're so willing to sacrifice a division/conference game...

You've stated this several times, and while I'm mostly inclined to agree with on just about all other topics, I don't understand why you're so willing to sacrifice a division/conference game...

Exactly. Play them this weekend and sit them if need be for the 2 games (SF, Arizona) after that.

agreed...this game sets the tone for how this team will play over the next few...NFL is all about momentum (and obviously winning your division)...if they can play they SHOULD (even if they are a little knicked up)...

but with that said Im a firm believer in this line, and think anyone can effectively run behind them...

Jeezuz Doc, No one said he didn't use his RIGHT ARM.

BUT you did (kind of) indicate he didn't use his left arm. I proved he did.

Did you actually say to PLAY them THIS weekend and then sit them for SF and AZ ?? :doh: :doh:

Bottom line is this -

If the Team Doctor's don't think Fred is ready he won't play. Same for CJ,

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I dont want either one to play if they are hurt.....we are going to need them AFTER this game

I don't think we should start either of them as well, it might make a tough game tougher but it's not a given that we are sacrificing this game by being cautious. At the very most I might let Fred suit up but only play him if Choice and White completely fail.

EDIT: I think that both Arizona and S.F. are tougher teams than N.E. right now anyway.

Edited by angryfan62

Jeezuz Doc, No one said he didn't use his RIGHT ARM.

BUT you did (kind of) indicate he didn't use his left arm. I proved he did.

Did you actually say to PLAY them THIS weekend and then sit them for SF and AZ ?? :doh: :doh:

Bottom line is this -

If the Team Doctor's don't think Fred is ready he won't play. Same for CJ,

All that matters is that Spiller is adept at carrying the ball in his right, and currently good, arm. If he plays, he'll use his right arm exclusively. Thank you for informing me that he also uses his left arm. So if he hurts his right shoulder in the future, we won't need to rehash this.

And I said "if need be..." they can sit against SF and AZ, 2 non-conference teams who many are expecting to beat the Bills anyway.

If there's any chance they can play let them play. I'd rather have wins piled up at the end of the season with not 100% rb's than healthy runningbacks and not a lot of wins. Besides no one is ever 100% healthy as the season goes along. As long as there isn't serious career ending injuries that could take place as a result of coming back to soon then by all means LET THEM BOYS PLAY!!

All that matters is that Spiller is adept at carrying the ball in his right, and currently good, arm. If he plays, he'll use his right arm exclusively. Thank you for informing me that he also uses his left arm. So if he hurts his right shoulder in the future, we won't need to rehash this.

And I said "if need be..." they can sit against SF and AZ, 2 non-conference teams who many are expecting to beat the Bills anyway.

Regarding what arm they carry it with, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with preference. They carry it to the side that is away from the pressure, running down the sideline, switch to the outside arm.

Regarding what arm they carry it with, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with preference. They carry it to the side that is away from the pressure, running down the sideline, switch to the outside arm.

In all the clips I saw of him carrying the ball, whether in the right or left arm, I didn't see him switch arms at any time.

Yes, they will switch arms to keep the ball away from defenders. HOWEVER, they will/should not do so if they are already close to traffic and the switch would expose the ball to a possible fumble. It is better to keep a secure grip on the ball, then to change hands and lose it in the transition, or not get a good, new grip on it.

While you are taught to switch the ball away from defenders, it's not a black and white, all the time type of thing.