Dick Jauron Speak

i don't wish harm on dick jauron, but he must be the most dispassionate football coach i've ever heard. i would never hire that guy, even as a position coach. just because he lacks so much emotion: how can "we can't afford to lose any game" jive with "it's hard to win in the league." yeah, dick, it's hard to win, and you don't win, and since you can't afford to lose games, but you do, well, you're bad at your job...

p.s., would anyone else derive great satisfaction from watching fitz absolutely embarrass dick? i'm really hoping we dominate this week and humiliate dick.

p.p.s., the most uninspiring football quote, perhaps ever, came from DJ: "It's hard to win in this league." I prefer the attitude: "this is a tough game for tough people..."

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Dick Jauron is a good man, and a good football coach. Charismatic? No!

But, as he hints to in the blogger interview, he was also smart enough to know that he didn't have the personnel to win in the NFL --- particularly, in the AFC East Division when the Patriots were having their way with everyone.

The Point: Time has shown that the he didn't have the people needed to win. Coaches are only as smart as their players are good. For DJ, he didn't have "the right tools in the tool box" to get the job done in Buffalo. Now he should take some blame for that, as I'm sure he had a say in picks like Maybin and Hardy, (oh, and who was that D-Linemen we selected late in the first round--cut last year?) etc., but in the end, they had a fine collection of 7-9 talent for three years, and just couldn't figure out how to go above that level . . . hopefully, the regime has that figured out.

Edited by CSBill

Why the hate for the former coach who has the most wins for the Bills this century?

Are you serious?????

He is the most uninspired, milk-toast football headcoach imaginable.

He is the most average person, in everyway...plays the averages, predicable, never holds a player responsible, and never expects the best out of anyone. A players coach because they can coast.

LMAO!!!

Earlier this spring Jauron granted a phone interview to a blogger and here's an excerpt:

"I really enjoyed my experience in Buffalo even though the fans there probably didn't enjoy my experience in Buffalo. There were some extenuating circumstances which prevented us from doing better but I'm not making any excuses even though there were some difficult times.

I've never been one to look backwards so I haven't really reflected on my time in Buffalo other than to remember the good times of which there probably weren't enough of but you always want to emphasize the positive and downplay the negative. We did our best and life goes on.

I just want to thank Mr. Wilson for the opportunity and I wish we'd had more success because obviously the best way to thank Mr. Wilson would be with more victories but I sincerely think we did the best we could and sometimes it doesn't work out the way you wish it would.

Inasmuch as I'd like to think I did a good coaching job with the Bills, I have enough self-perspective to honestly say that there are probably things I could have done better even though I did my best. Did we win enough games? No. Did we work hard and show good character? I think so. If I had to do it again would I do some things differently? Perhaps. Hello? Are you still there? Hello?"

LOL what a jackass. So glad that zombie is gone.

Are you serious?????

He is the most average person, in everyway...plays the averages, predicable, never holds a player responsible, and never expects the best out of anyone. A players coach because they can coast.

I'm still waiting for understanding of how Jauron, at 3 consecutive years of 7-9, has more wins in this century than the 2004 9-7 record or the 2 years of 8-8(2002,2000) which also occurred in this century.

4th most wins in this century, folks.

Edited by Hopeful

I'm still waiting for understanding of how Jauron, at 3 consecutive years of 7-9, has more wins in this century than the 2004 9-7 record or the 2 years of 8-8(2002,2000) which also occurred in this century.

4th most wins in this century, folks.

because 3 years of 7 wins equates to 21 wins. It's not hard

LMAO!!!

Earlier this spring Jauron granted a phone interview to a blogger and here's an excerpt:

"I really enjoyed my experience in Buffalo even though the fans there probably didn't enjoy my experience in Buffalo. There were some extenuating circumstances which prevented us from doing better but I'm not making any excuses even though there were some difficult times.

I've never been one to look backwards so I haven't really reflected on my time in Buffalo other than to remember the good times of which there probably weren't enough of but you always want to emphasize the positive and downplay the negative. We did our best and life goes on.

I just want to thank Mr. Wilson for the opportunity and I wish we'd had more success because obviously the best way to thank Mr. Wilson would be with more victories but I sincerely think we did the best we could and sometimes it doesn't work out the way you wish it would.

Inasmuch as I'd like to think I did a good coaching job with the Bills, I have enough self-perspective to honestly say that there are probably things I could have done better even though I did my best. Did we win enough games? No. Did we work hard and show good character? I think so. If I had to do it again would I do some things differently? Perhaps. Hello? Are you still there? Hello?"

SJBF, thanks for posting that!!!. I especially laughed my a#% off at the last part !! 'Hello? Are you still there?' GREAT STUFF.

Are you serious?????

No I'm not serious. But it did get some riled up!

Had to laugh about a quote from the PD article from today:

"He (Juaron) can explain complex schemes and provide insightful answers during his weekly 15-minute segment with the media."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/09/quiet_leader_dick_jauron_makin.html

(I'm not a fan of writer Bill Livingston, he's kind of a passive-aggressive version of Sullivan)

Every time I see Jauron quoted here in Cleveland it's worth a nostalgic laugh. He is doing a great job with the Browns' defense, though. Just not a head coach-type.

I don't think you should call him the "Walking Corpse" as it's disrespectful to a man who committed every fibre of his being into bringing a winning program to the Buffalo Bills franchise. It's hard to win in the NFL and no team wins all the time and in fact few teams even win most of the time.

We were one of the teams that won less than most of the time and there were a lot of injuries and other things going on behind the scenes which weren't exactly helpful to the cause… Marv wasn't the greatest GM for instance and Jauron was a good man who nurtured strong relationships with many of the players and lost games with character and grace. Winning isn't everything and it's definitely not the only thing… especially for a team which seldom wins. The team bonded over their collective mediocrity and were better human beings for it and very few people could get a team to lose so regularly and yet so nobly. It was a difficult time in the franchise's history and one which won't be looked upon with great joy but that shouldn't diminish from the several medium-to-good things that happened under Coach Jauron's watch. Many times did Jauron lead the team into battle and there a few wins and even some moments when we heard the Shout song more often than we were expecting. There was the bold, masterful stroke of firing Turk Schonert days before the season opener… a move that didn't work out but didn't fail as miserably as some of his other decisions either. The Aaron Maybin draft pick certainly turned out very well… for the New York Jets and vindicated Jauron's status as a guy who could get some good our of several of his players at times, sporadically.

This is funny!

HAHAHAHA

Big Props to the poster that called DJ the "walking dead"

The walking dead, was as lifeless to look at, and his same lifeless attitude was seen in his coaching style and decision making.. He never tried to make us a winning team, and our 7 and 9 records show that.

Walking Dead, Zombie on the sidelines, or Coma Coach is something we all wanna forget.

Worst head coach, and worst Bills era, we ever had in my football watching lifetime. Lifeless. I felt the energy of this squad liven up the first week he was replaced.

Nothing against him personally, but when I think of Juaron, I think of 6-3 ball games, bend-but-don't-break defenses that give up a gazillion yards but no big plays, boring offenses that don't make any big plays, the king of lifeless quarterbacks, Trent Edwards, and, as Peter Pan guy once pointed out, Member's Only jackets.