Dick Jauron Speak

OK, I am NOT a Dick Jauron hater like many are but the guy has a knack for saying absoultely nothing as he speaks. We all know of the old ones. Here are a few quotes from this week. What the heck is he saying?? Oh yeah. Nothing!

“He’s a smart guy, but quarterbacks are pretty smart people,” Jauron said Thursday. “He’s a very competitive guy and he’s a talented guy. He’s not the tallest quarterback, but he’s not short either. He’s very strong, (a) very strong runner. He can run the ball and he will run the ball. He has done a really good job, a very good job for them. They’ve done a nice job with him too.” Seriously Dick??

“They’re experienced,” Jauron said of Buffalo’s offensive linemen. “They’re a line that plays well together. Their scheme is a solid scheme. They do a very good job with their scheme.

“We’re better,” Jauron said. “We are a better defense up front. We’re deeper. I think we’re faster. I believe we’re tougher than we were. D’Qwell’s very active. I think it’s a combination of those two things. We gave up too many big plays a week ago, but we played tight coverage. We try to be on people and take away the easy throws if we can, for the most part. I think it’s all worked that way, but up front we’re better.”

link: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Jauron-aware-of-Fitzpatricks-skills/adbbf4e9-e12b-4ed3-a897-785d5b29c3b8

Well that was fun Dick. Thanks for the insight. Please print more quotes from this year/week if you see them.

Edited by Cville Bills

ROFL!!

So here is what he said:

1) Ryan is smart, but most QBs are smart, so he really isn't THAT smart...

2) He isn't tall, but he isn't short...somewhere in the middle...

3) He is going to run the ball

4) He has done pretty well, but the Bills have done well with him also...advantage Noone---Deuce

5) The OLine has played together well, because they play their scheme and the scheme is good...isn't that how all OLine's play well?

OK, found a couple more.....

(On how he is getting the young defensive backs ready for this week’s game) – “(It’s) a combination of both. I don’t think, I mean, I’m not an expert in this area, or maybe any area, but I’m not certain that any two people learn exactly the same way...."

(On his sense of urgency to not let his team drop to 0-3) – “No, I don’t know that there’s any value in it, or any value not in it. What game can you afford to lose?”

(On if he’s ever had both starting corners out before in one week) – “Probably, but I can’t remember it. I’m going to assume, my dad told me a long time ago, everything will happen to you. You just have to kind of go with it.”

Link: http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Jauron-press-conf-transcript---920/5259c628-4d6b-4c81-8173-9491dcca6bf1

OK, I am NOT a Dick Jauron hater like many are but the guy has a knack for saying absoultely nothing as he speaks. We all know of the old ones. Here are a few quotes from this week. What the heck is he saying?? Oh yeah. Nothing!

“He’s a smart guy, but quarterbacks are pretty smart people,” Jauron said Thursday. “He’s a very competitive guy and he’s a talented guy. He’s not the tallest quarterback, but he’s not short either. He’s very strong, (a) very strong runner. He can run the ball and he will run the ball. He has done a really good job, a very good job for them. They’ve done a nice job with him too.” Seriously Dick??

“They’re experienced,” Jauron said of Buffalo’s offensive linemen. “They’re a line that plays well together. Their scheme is a solid scheme. They do a very good job with their scheme.

“We’re better,” Jauron said. “We are a better defense up front. We’re deeper. I think we’re faster. I believe we’re tougher than we were. D’Qwell’s very active. I think it’s a combination of those two things. We gave up too many big plays a week ago, but we played tight coverage. We try to be on people and take away the easy throws if we can, for the most part. I think it’s all worked that way, but up front we’re better.”

link: http://www.cleveland...97-785d5b29c3b8

Well that was fun Dick. Thanks for the insight. Please print more quotes from this year/week if you see them.

Here, let me translate that into English for you:

"Ryan Fitzpatrick is smart, talented, and competitive. He's of medium height for a quarterback. He poses a a running threat. He's done a good job for Buffalo, and they've helped him develop."

"The Bills offensive line is experienced and they play together well. They have a good scheme, and they execute it well."

I'm unable to translate the part about the defensive front. It seems to be missing some context in the article you linked. He might be saying their front is better than they demonstrated with their play last week, or he might be saying their front is better than they were last year, or he might be saying their front is better than our OL, or he might be saying their front is better than our front - I'm leaning towards the second but can't tell for sure.

Edited by Hopeful

link: http://www.cleveland...97-785d5b29c3b8

He's saying "It's tough to win in the NFL". Any questions?

Dick Jauron was a good coach...but not really a good coach.

LMAO!!!

Earlier this spring Jauron granted a phone interview to a blogger and here's an excerpt:

"I really enjoyed my experience in Buffalo even though the fans there probably didn't enjoy my experience in Buffalo. There were some extenuating circumstances which prevented us from doing better but I'm not making any excuses even though there were some difficult times.

I've never been one to look backwards so I haven't really reflected on my time in Buffalo other than to remember the good times of which there probably weren't enough of but you always want to emphasize the positive and downplay the negative. We did our best and life goes on.

I just want to thank Mr. Wilson for the opportunity and I wish we'd had more success because obviously the best way to thank Mr. Wilson would be with more victories but I sincerely think we did the best we could and sometimes it doesn't work out the way you wish it would.

Inasmuch as I'd like to think I did a good coaching job with the Bills, I have enough self-perspective to honestly say that there are probably things I could have done better even though I did my best. Did we win enough games? No. Did we work hard and show good character? I think so. If I had to do it again would I do some things differently? Perhaps. Hello? Are you still there? Hello?"

I didn't know that the walking corps could speak. Hopefully he brings the defense he had while in buffalo tomorrow so we can walk all over Cleveland

GO BILLS!

I don't think you should call him the "Walking Corpse" as it's disrespectful to a man who committed every fibre of his being into bringing a winning program to the Buffalo Bills franchise. It's hard to win in the NFL and no team wins all the time and in fact few teams even win most of the time.

We were one of the teams that won less than most of the time and there were a lot of injuries and other things going on behind the scenes which weren't exactly helpful to the cause… Marv wasn't the greatest GM for instance and Jauron was a good man who nurtured strong relationships with many of the players and lost games with character and grace. Winning isn't everything and it's definitely not the only thing… especially for a team which seldom wins. The team bonded over their collective mediocrity and were better human beings for it and very few people could get a team to lose so regularly and yet so nobly. It was a difficult time in the franchise's history and one which won't be looked upon with great joy but that shouldn't diminish from the several medium-to-good things that happened under Coach Jauron's watch. Many times did Jauron lead the team into battle and there a few wins and even some moments when we heard the Shout song more often than we were expecting. There was the bold, masterful stroke of firing Turk Schonert days before the season opener… a move that didn't work out but didn't fail as miserably as some of his other decisions either. The Aaron Maybin draft pick certainly turned out very well… for the New York Jets and vindicated Jauron's status as a guy who could get some good our of several of his players at times, sporadically.