Eric Freaking Pears

For a guy who came onto the team with little fanfare he is playing some damn solid football. I just finished watching the 2nd half and focused on the OL. You know what impressed me most about Pears, he's tenacious as hell and he's the first guy to get in the defenses face.

There was a play midway through the fourth quarter where CJ was tackles and semi-dragged/slammed to the ground. Pears was the first guy over there. I love seeing that from my OL.

The real nice thing is that after 2 games, the OL is not the problem on this team. All the 5 starters and Hairston have kept their end of the bargain. The ball is now Fitz's court. The Bills making or not making the playoffs (or simply keeping the team in every contest for a full 60 minutes) lies squarely in the hands of Fitz. The Bills will only go as far as Fitz takes them (or Chan can be wise and keep feeding the rock to Spiller and Jackson).

Yeah I was noticing that too. Urbik and Pears are the quiet side of the line but they're maulers. They will get more recognition as the year goes on.

Pears is 6 foot 8 by the way, and Urbik is 6-5. Both in the 325 range and tough dudes that can move.

I would venture to say that the last guy on our offense I would want to fight is Eric Pears.

I actually prefer effing to freaking.

They need a nickname.

Pears has been great since he got here.

Having Wood back has been great.

Andy is great.

Urbik, I honestly don't notice that much (which I think has been a good thing).

Glenn looks extremely promising and Hairston will be very good to great as he matures.

Smith is a very good blocker.

And Chandler is getting better too.

Got to give Buddy credit for the job he has done at those positions.

Hope that he is patenitly doing the same with the young WRs and D backfield. Shep also looked good in that game (I like the nickname "the sheep herder" for him BTW).

During the preseason Eric Wood was being interviewed on SiriusXM NFL Radio and the interviewer was trying to suggest Hairston would take the RT starting job...Wood immediately corrected him and insisted Pears was the man, and mentioned how nasty he is.