Stadium 75% empty with 5 minutes left to play

Beebes Bubble

I was at both the Bills/Jets game at MetLife and at yesterday's game at the Ralph. Attendance wise, it was the same story at both venues late in the game. In fact,

I would give the Bills fan the edge as MetLife was never even at 90% capacity at any point during the game...plenty of empty seats in the 300s and luxury section. I would say MetLife was maybe 25% full with 5 minutes remaining in the game two weeks ago.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like a pre season game - who wants to watch garbage time football?

2nd and 3rd stringers and a sofe defense allowing easy points to the opponent.

leaving eraly with a win it far better than leaving trailing and then be shown n TV trying to run back to your seats when having a good drive to tie the game.

EVEN the PUTZ fans left early!!! Can you say Double WIDE LEFT?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

If they served beer after the half and you could still smoke, people would stay. Bottom line.

Get club seats, the bar is open till about half an hour AFTER the game ends. No rush to get beer or drinks before halftime ends.

My day....

Arrive at Hammers at 6:15am

Tailgate till about 12:30

Watch game till about halfway through the 4th

Go inside the club to watch the end of the AZ-NE game

Leave stadium once that game finished and go back to Hammers

Tailgate till about 7:45pm

So you watched on TV and are criticizing the people who actually paid for a ticket and went to the game huh?

Very well said!!!!! A bunch of douchebags complaining about fans leaving while up huge, get a ticket and show up whiners, a bunch of crybabies will cry about anyhing.

When we go, which admittedly is very rare anymore, we always stay to the final gun.

We stay to the final whistle for Sabres games as well, no matter what.

And for what it's worth, the TV was tuned to the game yesterday to the final gun.

But there was more high-fiveing going on than people watching the kneel downs and the dumbass KC timeouts and hail Mary.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Great win today! Very good play all around except for Fitz. This isn't a topic about the players, though.

I was a bit shocked with the stadium being *so* empty with 5 minutes left to play, though. With a much needed win after last weeks putrid performance, I was hoping a LARGE crowd would have stuck around to give our boys a huge round of applause. The stadium sounded loud for much of the day, but a cheering, standing ovation at the end would have been a great way to close the game out.

I realize people want to try and beat the crowd, but it has to be weird from the players perspective to have the stadium almost cleared out after playing a dominating game with so much time left on the clock. Sure, sitting through garbage time isn't nearly as exciting as a close game, which I am sure more people would have stuck around for. But, wouldn't you rather see a dominating performance like today, than a squeaker the team may not be able win in the end? So, why leave after they do a great job and tear their opponent apart?

Yes, the players get paid to play this game. It's their job to go out there, regardless of the crowd size. But, if they look up after a win and see a full stadium and hear the crowd roar, they remember that. That memory could end up being enough for individuals to reach down deeper when a game is on the line and come up with a herculean effort to get back to that feeling. Every little bit counts.

Go Bills!

Are you really surprised? It happens every where in every major sport. When the game is decided and people have the chance to get a jump on the hurrendous traffic they go for it. Myself, I left one game with a couple minutes left years ago, not just because I thought the Bills were going to lose, but also because I was freezing my ass and every other part of my body off. Well, shortly after I left the stadium about 100 people were around one guy in the parking lot with a small hand held transistor radio listening to Roland Hooks catch a Hail Mary for the Bills win. Needless to say I never have left a game early since, but to each his/her own, alot of people leave when the game is in the books.

If they served beer after the half and you could still smoke, people would stay. Bottom line.

Can't argue with this theory. Going back to the car have a few frosties in the parking lot instead of sitting through garbage time must have been too tempting for alot of people.

My feeling is, I pay I stay. But to each his own.

Edited by Golden Wheels

Great win today! Very good play all around except for Fitz. This isn't a topic about the players, though.

I was a bit shocked with the stadium being *so* empty with 5 minutes left to play, though. With a much needed win after last weeks putrid performance, I was hoping a LARGE crowd would have stuck around to give our boys a huge round of applause. The stadium sounded loud for much of the day, but a cheering, standing ovation at the end would have been a great way to close the game out.

I realize people want to try and beat the crowd, but it has to be weird from the players perspective to have the stadium almost cleared out after playing a dominating game with so much time left on the clock. Sure, sitting through garbage time isn't nearly as exciting as a close game, which I am sure more people would have stuck around for. But, wouldn't you rather see a dominating performance like today, than a squeaker the team may not be able win in the end? So, why leave after they do a great job and tear their opponent apart?

Yes, the players get paid to play this game. It's their job to go out there, regardless of the crowd size. But, if they look up after a win and see a full stadium and hear the crowd roar, they remember that. That memory could end up being enough for individuals to reach down deeper when a game is on the line and come up with a herculean effort to get back to that feeling. Every little bit counts.

Go Bills!

It was a beautiful beautiful day and they cut off beer sales at halftime.

We weren't beating traffic we were partying in the parking lot.

They should have had the cameras pan over the post game tailgates.

I never leave a game early even in a blowout loss but it was too nice to stay stuck in the seats. I wanted to pop a few celabratory brews.

The Chiefs didn't stay past halftime.

Exactly

When the Cheifs punted with 4:37 left on 4th and 14 inside the Bills 50. The stadium clearled out because clearly the Cheifs weren't trying to win at that point.

I was suprised they got those garbage time TDs.

Go Bills!

I left when Thigpen came in to drink more beers and cook burgers in the parking lot. However, I gave plenty of stading ovations when we scored the 5 touchdowns, had the sacks, stopped them on third down, Fitz dove head first when he obviously should have slid and on and on and on and on. I think they got the point of how thrilled the crowd was during the first 3 quarters of very loud support.

Edited by Mark80

You can argue both sides here, I do agree with most of you guys though that it's ridiculous to complain about how bad the team is and then when they do good we don't stay and support. On the other hand people have been drinkin all day, been up since 6am, some people have a two hour or so drive, tired kids. There's just a bunch of different things that warrant people to leave the game a little early.

I was at both the Bills/Jets game at MetLife and at yesterday's game at the Ralph. Attendance wise, it was the same story at both venues late in the game. In fact,

I would give the Bills fan the edge as MetLife was never even at 90% capacity at any point during the game...plenty of empty seats in the 300s and luxury section. I would say MetLife was maybe 25% full with 5 minutes remaining in the game two weeks ago.

In fairness that might have a little something to do with the Jets have the highest ticket prices in the league and the Bills the lowest.

The Bills fans were the losers today. Everybody cries and whines all week after a loss of how bad they want a good team in Buffalo, and then when the team dominates and gives them what they want they leave early so they can get home 20 minutes earlier. Bills fans are not the greatest fans in the league, they are the biggest phonies in the league. How embarrassing.

I completely disagree. I have been in those long traffic lines after games and there was no reason to stay and subject yourself to that misery after a great day. It's very easy to just get in the car and listen to the final minutes on the radio, while getting a head start back home. It makes for a much better game day experience. And by the way, this team has subjected us to so much misery over the past few years, I don't think that I owe them anything. Subjecting myself to long and frustrating waits in traffic so that they can hear a few extra cheers is not worth ruining the game day experience.

Not if anyone mentioned the parking and traffic clusterf*^k theyve turned that's place into but that played into it for me and it failed. The traffic was a joke in the a.m. so everyone had the same idea to leave early but it was as bad leaving.

They make traffic worse when you restrict turns and close lanes. It's traffic engineering 101. Epic fail on thier part.

Edited by zonabb