Stadium 75% empty with 5 minutes left to play

Beebes Bubble

Great win today! Very good play all around except for Fitz. This isn't a topic about the players, though.

I was a bit shocked with the stadium being *so* empty with 5 minutes left to play, though. With a much needed win after last weeks putrid performance, I was hoping a LARGE crowd would have stuck around to give our boys a huge round of applause. The stadium sounded loud for much of the day, but a cheering, standing ovation at the end would have been a great way to close the game out.

I realize people want to try and beat the crowd, but it has to be weird from the players perspective to have the stadium almost cleared out after playing a dominating game with so much time left on the clock. Sure, sitting through garbage time isn't nearly as exciting as a close game, which I am sure more people would have stuck around for. But, wouldn't you rather see a dominating performance like today, than a squeaker the team may not be able win in the end? So, why leave after they do a great job and tear their opponent apart?

Yes, the players get paid to play this game. It's their job to go out there, regardless of the crowd size. But, if they look up after a win and see a full stadium and hear the crowd roar, they remember that. That memory could end up being enough for individuals to reach down deeper when a game is on the line and come up with a herculean effort to get back to that feeling. Every little bit counts.

Go Bills!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win today! Very good play all around except for Fitz. This isn't a topic about the players, though.

I was a bit shocked with the stadium being *so* empty with 5 minutes left to play, though. With a much needed win after last weeks putrid performance, I was hoping a LARGE crowd would have stuck around to give our boys a huge round of applause. The stadium sounded loud for much of the day, but a cheering, standing ovation at the end would have been a great way to close the game out.

I realize people want to try and beat the crowd, but it has to be weird from the players perspective to have the stadium almost cleared out after playing a dominating game with so much time left on the clock. Sure, sitting through garbage time isn't nearly as exciting as a close game, which I am sure more people would have stuck around for. But, wouldn't you rather see a dominating performance like today, than a squeaker the team may not be able win in the end? So, why leave after they do a great job and tear their opponent apart?

Yes, the players get paid to play this game. It's their job to go out there, regardless of the crowd size. But, if they look up after a win and see a full stadium and hear the crowd roar, they remember that. That memory could end up being enough for individuals to reach down deeper when a game is on the line and come up with a herculean effort to get back to that feeling. Every little bit counts.

Go Bills!

I was a little surprised it emptied out as much as it did but that game was over at halftime

Being concerned about a standing ovation or expecting players to revisit that memory is a bit much though

Go Bills!

First home game I've been to since the '80s and I stayed past the final gun. I've never left early on a road blowout so I wouldn't leave a victory early either. To each his own though.

The Bills fans were the losers today. Everybody cries and whines all week after a loss of how bad they want a good team in Buffalo, and then when the team dominates and gives them what they want they leave early so they can get home 20 minutes earlier. Bills fans are not the greatest fans in the league, they are the biggest phonies in the league. How embarrassing.

The Bills fans were the losers today. Everybody cries and whines all week after a loss of how bad they want a good team in Buffalo, and then when the team dominates and gives them what they want they leave early so they can get home 20 minutes earlier. Bills fans are not the greatest fans in the league, they are the biggest phonies in the league. How embarrassing.

Those jerks! How dare they pay admission and cheer on our team for most of 4 quarters. It's outrageous!

Really? You measure the Bills' fandom based on how many stay 'til the end of a blowout? BTW, I stayed until just over a minute left but I usually stay until the final gun.

If they served beer after the half and you could still smoke, people would stay. Bottom line.

And more fights would happen. Bottom Line

I admit I left with 7 mins left in the 4th quarter, but I had a 6.5 hour drive back to Ohio and I couldn't afford 1-1.5 hrs in traffic.

This is fair. I used to live at UB its a half hour drive. I know not everyone is going to stay, but as much as we B word about them putting on a good show, we cant stay and watch the whole game when they do?

It just irked me. For those saying they needed a cold one, pop one when you get home to watch the pre game show with all the highlights. Just as good then

I noticed this on TV and it bugged me a bit. I never left early when I had tickets. I realize we had back ups in but its still football dammit and I want to see every snap

So you watched on TV and are criticizing the people who actually paid for a ticket and went to the game huh?