Mr $100 million was much better today

The line shifted towards him the entire game. He was chipped by a TE or RB on most every passing play, and sucked up enough attention to get Kyle, Marcel, and Anderson one on one situations 90% of the game. He pushed the pocket, recovered a fumble with his positioning and blew up runs pre-handoff with his push. His presence opens up this defense. Dominate football isn't about sexy statistical catagories, it's about push, positioning, and plating your position in a way that creates opportunities for everyone around you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get some of you people, If Mario wouldn't have came to Buffalo you'd B word that he thinks he too good , He comes to Buffalo & You B word that he is here

What do you want 5 sack 10 tackles a game this isn't Madden, his job is to play his spot & free up guys to make plays & that's what he did today, some of you still cry over Marshawn Lynch & JP Losman who never put in an afford but Mario has 2 games under him & you want a refund REALLY.................

LiterateStylish is absolutely correct

Williams played solid all day, creating mismatches for the rest of the line while STILL collapsing the pocket, even on plays he was outright double teamed (he was chipped on most playing plays)...and whoever said he was one on one for the entire first half is an idiot, that is all

Today he was worth every penny

The line shifted towards him the entire game. He was chipped by a TE or RB on most every passing play, and sucked up enough attention to get Kyle, Marcel, and Anderson one on one situations 90% of the game. He pushed the pocket, recovered a fumble with his positioning and blew up runs pre-handoff with his push. His presence opens up this defense. Dominate football isn't about sexy statistical catagories, it's about push, positioning, and plating your position in a way that creates opportunities for everyone around you.

Hey look! It's someone who knows something about football! At least with this post I can quickly identify which idiots to ignore when they start talking about the game.

I thought we paid him to get sacks.

The "he was doubled and tripled team" excuse is weak. The other elite pass rushers are also double-teamed.

The guy that has been more impressive is Mark Anderson; looks much more explosive.

And none of them get sacks EVERY week.

He played huge today. Why watch the game at all if the stat sheet is all your looking at?

And none of them get sacks EVERY week.

He played huge today. Why watch the game at all if the stat sheet is all your looking at?

It's not about stats, but it is about production. Sacks = production.

Jared Allen's getting 22 sacks per year. I'm pretty sure people are doubling him.

I don't mean to rip MW, because he did play better, as did the entire defense. But I would like to see him start getting some sacks.

I don't get some of you people, If Mario wouldn't have came to Buffalo you'd B word that he thinks he too good , He comes to Buffalo & You B word that he is here

What do you want 5 sack 10 tackles a game this isn't Madden, his job is to play his spot & free up guys to make plays & that's what he did today, some of you still cry over Marshawn Lynch & JP Losman who never put in an afford but Mario has 2 games under him & you want a refund REALLY.................

What?

How many sacks did the team get?

Five, all coming from the interior positions (KW-2, Dareus-1, Carrington-1, Sheppard-1). While I'd eventually like to see sacks start coming from our expensive DE's, sometimes you just have to take what the opposing offense is giving you.

Five, all coming from the interior positions (KW-2, Dareus-1, Carrington-1, Sheppard-1). While I'd eventually like to see sacks start coming from our expensive DE's, sometimes you just have to take what the opposing offense is giving you.

If they keep getting sacks from the interior and teams start having to account for them, the outside rush will start getting theirs...

If they keep getting sacks from the interior and teams start having to account for them, the outside rush will start getting theirs...

The reason the interior line (with the exception of Kyle's second sack and Sheppard's perfectly timed blitz) is getting those sacks is because the outside pressure forced Cassel up into the pocket into the interior d-linemen.

I thought we paid him to get sacks.

The "he was doubled and tripled team" excuse is weak. The other elite pass rushers are also double-teamed.

The guy that has been more impressive is Mark Anderson; looks much more explosive.

Who said we paid him to get sacks? We paid him to help the pass rush. And by taking up two offensive players, he is helping the pass rush.

You assuming things doesn't mean it's true.

It's not about stats, but it is about production. Sacks = production.

Jared Allen's getting 22 sacks per year. I'm pretty sure people are doubling him.

I don't mean to rip MW, because he did play better, as did the entire defense. But I would like to see him start getting some sacks.

That's ONE pass rusher, in his best season (50% better than his second best production in that stat). To say he gets 22 per season is a pretty big mischaracterization.

By the way, allen has 3 tackles and 0 sacks so far this season.

Edited by NoSaint