Pessimists, lets here it

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Chan outsmarts himself and passes too much or tries too many trick plays, we seem to be on the losing side of the ball more times than not. When we focus on running the ball, being physical, killing clock, and passing when we absolutely need to to keep the drive alive, we end up on the winning side more times than not. It comes down to the playcalling mostly. If we run, there's no reason to be pessimistic. It's just when Chan forgets that Fitz is not Tom Brady or Drew Brees when we get into trouble.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is still early in the season, but KC may be on the march to the first pick. So how can you judge a team when they play against the Chiefs?
The most pessimistic thing to say is that they beat the Chief's who may only win 3 or 4 games this year. I'm still on target for the 10-6 prediction I made on the "Win a free dinner" thread that was started over the summer. I had the Bills losing last week, winning this week and next and losing in week four....I'd really like that free dinner.

Funny, how short people's memories can be. KC started 0-3 last year including blowout losses to the Bills & Lions, 41-7 & 48-3, respectively. From Week 4 on, they finished 7-6 including 3 losses by 7 points or less (one in overtime). A win is a win. Period. Nobody deducted points from New England* for beating the Bills last year. Every win counts, no matter the opponent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When Chan outsmarts himself and passes too much or tries too many trick plays, we seem to be on the losing side of the ball more times than not. When we focus on running the ball, being physical, killing clock, and passing when we absolutely need to to keep the drive alive, we end up on the winning side more times than not.

This.

Watching this game I was thinking the coaching staff had a complete makeover based on the play calling being night and day from last week. As the game progressed there were more familiar WTF moments that I have come to associate with Chan. But still few enough that we were in charge.

This.

Watching this game I was thinking the coaching staff had a complete makeover based on the play calling being night and day from last week. As the game progressed there were more familiar WTF moments that I have come to associate with Chan. But still few enough that we were in charge.

Yeah, I had a few of those moments in the 2nd half as well. When we were backed up into our own endzone and there was a draw play on a long 3rd down was a headscratcher. There was another play that Fitz threw the ball for 1-2 yards when they needed 8-9. Not sure who picked that play, and if Fitz was supposed to be on that WR the whole time but it was a horrible descision.

Also, Brad Smith..... Can you please just Get lost somewhere. You are a waste of Gatorade on the sidelines. I seriously don't get how anyone after watching today's game can stick up for not only the gimmick wildcat crap but Brad (my father should have finished in the sink) Smith. He was an absolute joke today.

Yeah, I had a few of those moments in the 2nd half as well. When we were backed up into our own endzone and there was a draw play on a long 3rd down was a headscratcher. There was another play that Fitz threw the ball for 1-2 yards when they needed 8-9. Not sure who picked that play, and if Fitz was supposed to be on that WR the whole time but it was a horrible descision.

Also, Brad Smith..... Can you please just Get lost somewhere. You are a waste of Gatorade on the sidelines. I seriously don't get how anyone after watching today's game can stick up for not only the gimmick wildcat crap but Brad (my father should have finished in the sink) Smith. He was an absolute joke today.

As jboyst pointed out in another thread, I think Chan was experimenting with some plays and seeing what would happen since the game was in hand.

I think the Wildcat is dumb and Smith should at least throw it if he's going to run it but he did make a good catch along the sideline today that made me do a double take.

Edited by Teen Insight

KC is hardly an NFL powerhouse and Fitz still sux. If Spiller gets injured, the season is over.

So we won a game. Big woop. Do it at least nine more times and make the playoffs. Then I'll be impressed. Until then it was a mediocre win against a mediocre team. MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! That's all that matters. Anything less is just another wasted season.

Pessimism:

- KC had more first downs

- KC had more total yards

- KC had longer time of possession

- KC had less penalties

- BUF gave up 150 yards rushing

So, from a pessimistic point of view. We won, but we gave up some huge numbers.

But all that matters is the score. ;)

KC is hardly an NFL powerhouse and Fitz still sux. If Spiller gets injured, the season is over.

So we won a game. Big woop. Do it at least nine more times and make the playoffs. Then I'll be impressed. Until then it was a mediocre win against a mediocre team. MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! That's all that matters. Anything less is just another wasted season.

It's a little early to make the playoffs....so that's a whole lot of premature spazz.

Lot to like in this game. Encouraging step forward. But something absolutely needs to be done about the passing game before we can all afford to get too excited.

It looked as though someone took a hammer to Fitz's throwing shoulder before the game... he was that bad.

Spiller carried this team, run blocking was great as well. D Line got a good push.

Secondary looked weak and once they started throwing the ball down field it was a completion every time. Bowe owned our CBs. You can say garbage time but those were our starters and they were getting beat or flagged every pass.

In this league, your QB has to win you a few games. Fitz doesn't seem capable.

I thought our pass D was damn good today. They were poor in the last 6 minutes, but thats because we put backups in at DE, DT and LB.

Bowe caught everything thrown at him, did't matter who was covering him...

Pessimism:

- KC had more first downs

- KC had more total yards

- KC had longer time of possession

- KC had less penalties

- BUF gave up 150 yards rushing

So, from a pessimistic point of view. We won, but we gave up some huge numbers.

But all that matters is the score. ;)

Who was it that said, "Stats are for idiots" ?

Honestly if we had a really good Quarterback, a No. 2 Receiver, and Freak Tight End we could be contenders year in and out. I think our ceiling is a 6th seed and probably being blown out by Baltimore or Houston in the Wild Card round, but I'm definitely hopeful for the playoffs.

Edited by Rex Ryan's Stomach

Honestly if we had a really good Quarterback, a No. 2 Receiver, and Freak Tight End we could be contenders year in and out. I think our ceiling is a 6th seed and probably being blown out by Baltimore or Houston in the Wild Card round, but I'm definitely hopeful for the playoffs.

I sure wish we had a guy like Gronkowski, but I'm also starting to think Chandler is better than we ever expected.

Funny, how short people's memories can be. KC started 0-3 last year including blowout losses to the Bills & Lions, 41-7 & 48-3, respectively. From Week 4 on, they finished 7-6 including 3 losses by 7 points or less (one in overtime). A win is a win. Period. Nobody deducted points from New England* for beating the Bills last year. Every win counts, no matter the opponent.

You're right, a win is win and I was cheering just as loud as if the Bills were crushing the Steelers or Patriots. As someone pointed out already, we tend to play down to bad Cleveland teams but hopefully that won't happen this coming weekend. Then I think the real test comes.