Pessimists, lets here it

Give me anything to not look forward to for this season?

Being 2-1 is exciting because we know the Pats are going to be crushed by us

D was amazing with coverage and pressure

Fitz is good as ever when he's not throwing it. :huh:

And who knows what's up with Spiller.

Go ahead, I would love to hear this...

although i loved what i saw today, i guess i am a pessimist. i don't think this is a good team, and i have coaching concerns.

anyway, let's just see them when a road game. it's been over a year.

on the other hand i am one of 41 survivors in the smartass dinner contest and i picked a win next week so i hope they hold it together!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I am worried about is this team looks like a completely opposite team at home versus on the road. The last road win by the Bills was against the Chiefs in the opening week of the season last year. What is worse, is that most of the games on the road weren't even close, with the Bills quickly falling behind by large margins before then end of the first quarter in a lot of them(Dallas, San Diego, Miami, last weeks Jets game, etc). If the Bills can go 4-4 on the road, they will likely make the playoffs as they will probably be 6-2 at home at least...

Pessimistic:

Unless this is the Baltimore Ravens defense, the Bills are going nowhere with Edwards/Losman 2.0. Amazing to think that Fitz is Edwards and Losman combined in one!........

OMG......NOOOOOOOoooooooooo NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PLEASE DEAR GOD I HOPE NOT!!!

Edited by Cville Bills

Very good point! Can you imagine how good he could be if we had a real QB?

Yeah, and every team in the league has a Brady, Manning, Brees, and the Bills are the only team without. When is it going to stop? He is an average run of the mill QB, he is not great nor is he as bad as most want him to be or think he is.

The thing I am worried about is this team looks like a completely opposite team at home versus on the road. The last road win by the Bills was against the Chiefs in the opening week of the season last year. What is worse, is that most of the games on the road weren't even close, with the Bills quickly falling behind by large margins before then end of the first quarter in a lot of them(Dallas, San Diego, Miami, last weeks Jets game, etc). If the Bills can go 4-4 on the road, they will likely make the playoffs as they will probably be 6-2 at home at least...

That's a good formula...At this point it means The Bills are going to HAVE to win at Cleveland, at Miami, and at Indy...Then they have to steal one from either NE, San Fran, Arizona, or Houston...

Based on what I've seen so far, that's going to be a tall test...We'll see next week...If they build on what they did today, and the Defense can shut down the Rookie QB, then The Bills are on their way...But when you look at what Miami, Indy and Arizona did today...it's already not as easy as it looked on paper... B-)

Can we just once after a win not have one of these horrible threads calling out people who have been right twelve years and counting? I guess it's just a TBD mandate. Can't imagine how many there will be when this team actually, I don't know, accomplishes something.

1 - Chan kept trying to go to the pass when the run was working. I feel like he's going the way of Martz and needs to prove a point

2 - Fitz wasn't even close. He had 3, 5 yard passes turn into over 100 yards. Take those out of the equation and what did he have. He was missing wide open people all day

3 - Wanny is running a very base D. The sacks were there if we just sent one more guy. When we did, Cassel just fell over in defeat.

4 - We are as good as our coaches and Fitz's bad choices. Unfortunately, that may be enough to tank us

Yeah, and every team in the league has a Brady, Manning, Brees, and the Bills are the only team without. When is it going to stop? He is an average run of the mill QB, he is not great nor is he as bad as most want him to be or think he is.

Or a Newton, or Luck, or Griffin, or Cutler, or Rivers, etc.... Bills have nothing even approaching those guys. Fitz is BELOW average, and he's peaked. At this point, he's holding the team back with his play. The running game is great, the OL is finally respectable, the defense is better, but we still have this QB that simply can't make all the throws. He's most effective scrambling with the ball. Not going to cut it.

This was a pessimism thread after all.

2-1? Counting chickens are we?

RE the Putz -

In garbage time Bills TV I switched to the Putz game as they were behind then they started to drive and I said oh ship and switched to another channel. When I flipped back I got to see the Putz still behind drive once more to go for the FG. MAN whas that miss off the mark. That made my day as much as the Bills win.

RE the Bills on the road-

Still not happy with Fitz "improved" mechanics. It may have made him worse and not better.

Chan kept trying to go to the pass when the run was working

You can't be one dimensional. You have to throw in passing to support the run game.

Buffalo, a team that has not had a winning season in over 10 years, has beaten KC 5 out the last 6 times, by a combined score of 170 to 71. I think that says all you need to know about the Chiefs.

It's nice to look good and get in the win column, but let's not get carried away.

RE the Putz -

In garbage time Bills TV I switched to the Putz game as they were behind then they started to drive and I said oh ship and switched to another channel. When I flipped back I got to see the Putz still behind drive once more to go for the FG. MAN whas that miss off the mark. That made my day as much as the Bills win.

Yeah I have to admit, watching a Pats* soul crushing defeat (and you didn't mention that they had a TD called back on a hold right before wide-left, it was a beautiful thing! ) is a close second to the Bills crushing someone. Put them both together like yesterday, and mix in dash of Jets loss and you just can't beat it!

Team played a whole lot better, with one exception-Fitz. The Bills don't beat many good teams with the way he played yesterday, especially the Pats.

Buffalo, a team that has not had a winning season in over 10 years, has beaten KC 5 out the last 6 times, by a combined score of 170 to 71. I think that says all you need to know about the Chiefs.

It's nice to look good and get in the win column, but let's not get carried away.

I think anyone with common sense would agree the Bills have sucked for ever, but it has only been 7 or 8 years since they have had a winning season, they were 9-7 in 2004 when they won 9 of their last 11 but lost to Pittsburghs third stringers to miss a playoff appearance. Haven't come even close to sniffing the playoffs since..

I don't really consider myself a pessimist, but Fitzpatrick and Johnson both look like they need a kick in the rear. This plays in with my hate for big contracts to guys who have not established themselves as unquestionable top 5 at their position.

I worry about Stevie getting paid with him being a guy that has a hard time focusing on football to begin with..I think they need to go back to just letting him be immature and take the good with the bad.

What was the furthest Fitz threw the ball in the air? 10 yards? Why have a speedster like Graham when you have a QB with an arm like spaghetti. This team never wins on the road until Fitz starts looking off safeties, steps up into a pocket and throws the ball downfield. Why is Donald Jones on the team?

As someone who liked Fitz last year, and was optimistic about his chances of being a franchise QB, he actually looks worse this year than last. Not only are his short balls, thrown to fairly open receivers, while under minimal duress, inaccurate, he doesn't seem remotely capable of throwing it deep.

On the bright side, the rest of the Bills kicked ass on all fronts of the game yesterday.

As someone who liked Fitz last year, and was optimistic about his chances of being a franchise QB, he actually looks worse this year than last. Not only are his short balls, thrown to fairly open receivers, while under minimal duress, inaccurate, he doesn't seem remotely capable of throwing it deep.

On the bright side, the rest of the Bills kicked ass on all fronts of the game yesterday.

i'm with you.....if i can make a golf analogy.....it's like when a guy switches swing coaches......your kind of starting over and it takes some time to get the new way right. fitz has a new qb coach working on his "mechanics"......it messes ya up ...your over thinking about the mechanics instead of what comes naturally.

The game on the road against the eventual Super Bowl Champs was close until Fitz single handedly gave that game away. Deja Vu?