Nix and Chan are not on the same page

This ^^^ times 1000...That's all I'm asking...

And one more thing...

Please can Nix and Gailey stop bullspitting us with this ridiculous propaganda that Fitz is some kind of elite NFL QB...I mean...I understand they have to back the guy...But Buddy's interview on WGR the other day was laughable...Does he think all Bills Fans are blind? Buddy said..."(Fitz) He's not going to struggle, he's not going to turn the ball over..." Really Buddy?...A 72 QB rating and 23 INT's in the past 14 Games...And you're making these promises? Okey doke... :thumbsup:

It's the ribs.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Chan continues to struggle I think Nix's Plan A would be to promote Wanny and hope Norv Turner gets fired so that he could be brought in as OC.

It would be awesome to bring Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin out of retirement too.

Enough with the tired retreads. We need a young, motivating force at HC.

don´t think any " big-name " coach will come over. and gruden isn´t even that big a name. more a nickname.

we better find the next mike tomlin

Marrio came here, no reason a "big name" coach wouldn't. Ralph is showing he is willing to spend so we can get the right coach, which I'd rather have the next Harbaugh. (wonder if he has another brother)

I have been ok with the drafting, free agent pickups and personnel that Nix has assembled for this team. What has had me confused is the lack of action with the offense. When the wheels came off in the Dallas game last year, Fitz started to stink the place up, and the injuries started to hit, there was no apparent change in the way the offense was run. People talk about how some coaches (Belichick for example) will change their offense and defense from week to week based on the opponent and based on their own players' abilities. The Jets installed all those goofy Tebow plays this off-season. I don't see Chan making any changes or improvements, it's just the same stuff every week (as evidenced by Cromartie jumping the route becaues he knew where the pass was going before it was even thrown.)

You can't spell CHANGE with out CHAN! Let's get 'er done!

:lol: :lol:

I remember when Chan or Buddy was hired there was a comment about getting back to smash mouth type of ball. Maybe not exactly worded that way but it was understood by many that we would be running the ball much more. That may be the case when Freddy was in there last year but other than that, it hasn't showed IMO. Not sure who said it, Chan or Buddy, but it's been a blatant lie. I want that wrong fixed.

It's funny because it seems we hear that lie by every coach and GM that comes through here. It seems like I heard it from Donahoe, Juron, Mularkey, Williams, Levy, and Buddy or Chan. I don't get what's so hard about that philosophy. Pittsburgh used it and won 2 SBs. The Giants were probably closer to run first type of ball in thier first SB. Other teams in the past are the Ravens, and Bucs. It's funny that since The Pats got to more of a pass happy offense and Brady has gotten MUCH better than in the beginning of his career they haven't won a SB. But they won 3 in 4 years when they were more balanced. Sure there were the Saints, Colts, and Packers. The Packers also had a great defense and let's not forget that the Saints defense was also key in thier win over Manning and the Colts. It was a very high powered offensive game and the least mistakes was the only thing that was going to come out on top in that one.

I'm not going to get into the whole, what's more important the Franchise QB vs the run game, the Franchise QB vs the defense type of debate. IMO opinion the SB can be won without one. IF.... The game is played right. The Ravens and Bucs are proof of that and as I said before, since Brady has gotten better they haven't won 1 in 2 tries. Ben and the Steelers won 2 but that was when Ben was new and simply managing the game. Eli wasn't exactly the nest QB in the league during thier first SB either. To me, it seems like when QBs get better and have more run of the offense, they throw more and actually drop in the win column. Clock management is what wins games IMO. Protect the ball when you have it and keep it as long as you can. Get it back when you don't. We lost 4 SBs to teams with inferior QB play to ours. Clock management and a strong running game prevailed (except that 1st Dallas SB, that was just a trainwreck).

I said it earlier and often since. If Chan can get over his pass happy ego we will win. My guess, 10-6 or 11-5 with the running backs we have (er....had). But if he keeps that ball in Fitz' hands and allows him to make descisions that hurt us, we will be lucky to be at 7-9 again.

It's your call Chan. Can you get over yourself and lead us to the playoffs??? I'm overly pessimistic about it. Prove me wrong.

Agree 200% and AMEN brother!

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I actually like Fitz and I think he can get it done, in terms of getting the Bills a winning record. But the gameplan on both sides of the Ball has to be overhauled. People who keep thinking all Chan needs to do is run the ball and have Fitz throw short were the same people ranting about Captain Check down and how the NFL is a game about throwing deep down the field.

Fitz has a decent arm its not a noodle arm at all. The problem with him is decision making. Fitz needs to play more within himself, the guy is a gunslinger in a bad way. If he plays smarter he can win.

I figured that not on the same page meant Gailey's quote that we shouldn't expect the same lineup on opening day as on the day of last cuts, because you know, Buddy has the rep.

I think that Ruvell Martin is that proof.

I have been suspecting for a little bit that the two have not been on the same wave length. I do believe Nix is NOT the problem for sure and he will do what he has to do if things do not turn around this year. I'm not so sure I agree with you that Fitz's issues are his decision making, even though be made many last Sunday. I believe its a combination of things. The WR's, his accuracy, his decisions, coaching and a lot of the time the line.

Fitz's arm cant cash the checks his brain is writing.

If Chan continues to struggle I think Nix's Plan A would be to promote Wanny and hope Norv Turner gets fired so that he could be brought in as OC.

Ugh, hell no Norv sucks too, we don't need anymore Dallas reunion.

I actually like Fitz and I think he can get it done, in terms of getting the Bills a winning record. But the gameplan on both sides of the Ball has to be overhauled. People who keep thinking all Chan needs to do is run the ball and have Fitz throw short were the same people ranting about Captain Check down and how the NFL is a game about throwing deep down the field.

Fitz has a decent arm its not a noodle arm at all. The problem with him is decision making. Fitz needs to play more within himself, the guy is a gunslinger in a bad way. If he plays smarter he can win.

NO, in every way.

Players need a coach that has an extreme competitive edge. You cite Harbaugh. What is the difference between Harbaugh and Chan? One is extremetly intense, the other? Well, does he have a pulse? Does he get excited? Does he show passion? Does he incite passion among his players? You be the judge. But, when I look at this team, I see no fire, no heart, no passion, no sense of urgency. And, I don't see a willingness on the part of ownership to hire a coach of that genre..

Tom Landry, Paul Brown, Bill Walsh, Tony Dungy, Marv Levy. There are plenty of great coaches who weren't chair throwers. You don't have to be Vince Lombardi or Bill Cowher to succeed.

Can we at least wait for game 2 before we fire Chan and retire Fitz?

I know that Jets game looked bad and it only added to the hangover from the end of last season...

but, you can never judge a season by the first game. We won a blowout to start the season last year and ended up 6-10,

while the Giants lost 28-14 to the eventual 5-11 Redskins but went on to win the Superbowl. Now, I'm not saying we're going to win

the Superbowl, but let's at least wait a few more weeks to see if week 1 was an aberration, or who we are.

And if we still look terrible after 4 or 5 games, then go crazy with the fire Chan and bench Fitz talk, but give it a couple of weeks

to see how it plays out first. Maybe that first game lights a fire under the team that unfortunately wasn't there yet in week 1.

So Buddy uses the exception to prove the rule once again? Every NFL team, upon beginning a rebuild, finds the guy they think will be their franchise type. And in the case of SF, Smith isn't asked to throw the ball 30 times a week like Gailey has Fitzpatrick do.

I'd like to see the team run more to keep Fitzpatrick from throwing those INT's. But they won't be giving Spiller 25 carries a day either, nor do they need Tashard Choice on the field any more than necessary. Losing FJ is a blow because now the burden on Fitzpatrick is even greater to carry the offense. And that's not what this team needs now.

We'll see what Gailey decides to do against a good front 7 KC can put on the field. If they can't put some points up and confuse defenses, it could be a long season.

We haven't had a shot at that guy. Unless you wanted locker/gabbert at 3

This ^^^ times 1000...That's all I'm asking...

And one more thing...

Please can Nix and Gailey stop bullspitting us with this ridiculous propaganda that Fitz is some kind of elite NFL QB...I mean...I understand they have to back the guy...But Buddy's interview on WGR the other day was laughable...Does he think all Bills Fans are blind? Buddy said..."(Fitz) He's not going to struggle, he's not going to turn the ball over..." Really Buddy?...A 72 QB rating and 23 INT's in the past 14 Games...And you're making these promises? Okey doke...BTW Buddy...You're in luck!!! We all were born yesterday!!! :thumbsup:

"We got 35 calls a day, and you wouldn't believe some of the names."

Really, even if Mario still has no pressures and no sacks after 4 games and ten sits out with a minor injury.

Yes... Even with all the things you listed Nix survives...

Bills are done changing GM or HC in the Ralph Wilson era. It's Nix and Gailey or bust until there is a new owner. And when a new owner arrives, he/she will change coaches and GM irregardless unless they have won the Super Bowl in the interim, and even they maybe.

You're right about the GM and VERY wrong about the HC... The fans are getting impatient with this bull...t 5 wide formation and not running the ball and this so called Chan Gailey mastermind offense... Gailey is on very thin ice and in his interviews he's seeming to look defeated... Granted, winning will cure anything as he says so let's hope for ours and his sake that we start winning beginning tomorrow...

You're right about the GM and VERY wrong about the HC... The fans are getting impatient with this bull...t 5 wide formation and not running the ball and this so called Chan Gailey mastermind offense... Gailey is on very thin ice and in his interviews he's seeming to look defeated... Granted, winning will cure anything as he says so let's hope for ours and his sake that we start winning beginning tomorrow...

I'm not a big Gailey fan, but I think Nix knows that he probably only has a year or two left and if he pulls the plug on Gailey and brings in another coaching staff then we'll be back to another "3 year plan". Plus, what top coach is going to take the job with all the uncertainty surrounding the ownership situation? You're very likely to end up with another Gailey.

So If Chan was this offensive genius that people claim he is, he would emulate a smash mouth run first Offense,

That is ridiculous logic. Someone has success with something so you change your whole offense to emulate regardless of the personnel you have? Or that it's not your offense. Regardless of what you think the spread offense being run here, that is just silliness.