Equipment Manager fired after 35 years?

Many times when people are fired it is labeled as early retirement or retirement package. Given this is occurring now makes it suspicious as just a guy waking up one day and deciding to retire. Generally he'd likely choose end of season if it was planned

Sandusky, J. (1998)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times when people are fired it is labeled as early retirement or retirement package. Given this is occurring now makes it suspicious as just a guy waking up one day and deciding to retire. Generally he'd likely choose end of season if it was planned

Or a guy who turns retirement age and decides to retire. There's no story here, and the Buffalo News !@#$ed up.

Right! Some teams opted for the more subtle collar change, but the one that the Bills, Broncos, etc etc have looks almost like one of those silly tuxedo shirts...or like they should have a bow-tie printed on the front. Who, in the NFL, approved these hideous things? I haven't purchased a new jersey (was seriously considering it) but I can't buy one of those. When they show them up close, say, when a player is being interviewed, they just look like something was torn off their jersey collar..awful look. Too bad, cuz other than that detail, love the Bills "new" uniforms.

I'm looking for the Bills shirt with cummerbund (wow, that's probably the 1st time ever that I've written that word) for a wedding in 2 weeks that says "formal atire".

35 years is a long time. Even good people become complacent in their jobs after that long. This is a performance driven world and my guess is that he could no longer keep up. It's sad, but nowadays loyalty for many years of quality service does earn you any brownie points. You either perform or you're history.

I'm actually interested in this topic but I don't really have the slightest idea what you're talking about. What is "flywire technology"? And why are people adopting it if it screwing up their jerseys?

http://www.nikeinc.c...lite-51-uniform

FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY- Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit

From everything i've read, the flywire collar is supposed to hold tight against the chest plate and not allow the jersey to stretch, making it tougher for someone to grab a hold of your jersey.

As for the colors, it's simple. For whatever reason, the flywire has to be the color of the primary jersey color. If you want your collar to be the same color as the jersey, there's no issues. But, the "polo shirt" effect comes into play for all teams that typically have/had a secondary colored collar. The bills kept their 3 stripe collar from last year, but in the design transition, it resulted in the stupidly wide white stripe, and tiny blue/red stripes. That's Nike's fault, not the Bills.

I have no idea why Nike couldn't make the flywire part of the collar a different color that the jersey. If they could, we wouldn't have the stupid polo shirt look.

Some teams, like the pats* and packers, aren't using the flywire collar, hence the reason their collars look normal.

Edited by Ramius

Right! Some teams opted for the more subtle collar change, but the one that the Bills, Broncos, etc etc have looks almost like one of those silly tuxedo shirts...or like they should have a bow-tie printed on the front. Who, in the NFL, approved these hideous things? I haven't purchased a new jersey (was seriously considering it) but I can't buy one of those. When they show them up close, say, when a player is being interviewed, they just look like something was torn off their jersey collar..awful look. Too bad, cuz other than that detail, love the Bills "new" uniforms.

No one in NFL approved them. Nike offered additional money to license and approve them so NFL figured they could get paid more and do less.

http://www.nikeinc.c...lite-51-uniform

From everything i've read, the flywire collar is supposed to hold tight against the chest plate and not allow the jersey to stretch, making it tougher for someone to grab a hold of your jersey.

As for the colors, it's simple. For whatever reason, the flywire has to be the color of the primary jersey color. If you want your collar to be the same color as the jersey, there's no issues. But, the "polo shirt" effect comes into play for all teams that typically have/had a secondary colored collar. The bills kept their 3 stripe collar from last year, but in the design transition, it resulted in the stupidly wide white stripe, and tiny blue/red stripes. That's Nike's fault, not the Bills.

I have no idea why Nike couldn't make the flywire part of the collar a different color that the jersey. If they could, we wouldn't have the stupid polo shirt look.

Some teams, like the pats* and packers, aren't using the flywire collar, hence the reason their collars look normal.

It's strange. Since the collars are a fabric, which is made of colored fibers and these fibers come in different colors, then why can't they simply weave them into whatever pattern they would like? At the very least, they could obviously make the collars a solid color so they form a complete ring around the neck. I suspect that it is an attempt to highlight the "flywire" collar, gone awry.

So playing with a fake ball for 2-3 months replaces a whole lifetime of playing with real nfl footballs? McKelvin is an idiot

the real idiot isnt Mckelvin. The real idiot is the coach----who unlike any 8 yr old who follows the Bills---doesnt realize that McKelvin is clueless around a moving football..

• 7 months later...

Russ is cheap;

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — The former longtime equipment manager of the Buffalo Bills says the team fired him last year because of his age.

Fifty-four-year-old Dave Hojnowski alleges in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that the team used his age a deciding factor in his dismissal.

Hojnowski's suit claims he was fired shortly after his wife inquired about a health insurance benefit he would qualify for when he turned 55.

Attorney Andrew Fleming tells The Buffalo News (http://bit.ly/10qGcJG ) his client was a faithful employee for 35 years. The lawsuit says the team called Hojnowski's departure a retirement even though he was dismissed.

An attorney for the Bills said the team could not comment on the suit.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Russ is cheap;

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — The former longtime equipment manager of the [="http://www.timesunion.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Buffalo+Bills%22"]Buffalo Bills[/url] says the team fired him last year because of his age.

Fifty-four-year-old Dave Hojnowski alleges in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday that the team used his age a deciding factor in his dismissal.

Hojnowski's suit claims he was fired shortly after his wife inquired about a health insurance benefit he would qualify for when he turned 55.

Attorney Andrew Fleming tells The Buffalo News (http://bit.ly/10qGcJG ) his client was a faithful employee for 35 years. The lawsuit says the team called Hojnowski's departure a retirement even though he was dismissed.

An attorney for the Bills said the team could not comment on the suit.

Brandon is a scumbag