Official 9-11 thread

The Poojer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each year until now, I've thought "Wow, that was already ___ years ago? It feels like yesterday." That sensation must have reached a tipping point because even though the memory remains visceral and clear, it now feels like a long time ago.

Anybody else experiencing that?

It doesn't feel like yesterday, or last month. Not even last year but it still feels like emotions that just rip you apart. Those cowards who did that changed the world.

Each year until now, I've thought "Wow, that was already ___ years ago? It feels like yesterday." That sensation must have reached a tipping point because even though the memory remains visceral and clear, it now feels like a long time ago.

Right up until I see a replay of the towers collapsing.

Every 9/11, I relive the memory of the broadcast on the local rock station saying 'reportedly a plane crashed into one of the towers'...... Still feel emotional after all these years. Never forget.

Very low keyed here in lower manhattan. I did the same thing I do every year, traced my steps from the subway to the various spots I stopped and watched until the collapse, when I got to our building they handed us a commemorative coin (our conference rooms are named after two of the traders Pat O'Shea and Mark Montroni) We just had the moment of silence on the trading floors. Waiting to see the rest of the day unfold.....still sucks

I didn't think about the day until I was driving into work and saw people standing on one of the overpasses waving a bunch of flags. I gave them the thumbs up and they waved back.

I guess I'll be avoiding television and news outlets today.

I'll begin to think of the people behind this and those like them as human beings when they stop committing mass murder.

9/11, Nazi Germany, Armenian Genocides, Rwanda, Bosnia, Cambodian Killing Fields, and those are just a few of dozens from the 20th/21st century. We've been doing this to each other since the dawn of man. And yes, all humans.

Very low keyed here in lower manhattan. I did the same thing I do every year, traced my steps from the subway to the various spots I stopped and watched until the collapse, when I got to our building they handed us a commemorative coin (our conference rooms are named after two of the traders Pat O'Shea and Mark Montroni) We just had the moment of silence on the trading floors. Waiting to see the rest of the day unfold.....still sucks

Ill say this...what they are building down where you are is everything it should be. Its grand, its beautiful, its soaring, its a great momument to those we lost and our ability to persevere.

Point of note: when going to a meeting on <unnamed military base> and you accidentally take the <unnamed entrance> without proper ID and you're not "on the list", they take it seriously. Very seriously. "Guys with guns" seriously.

So of course, the one day I do that, it's frickin' 9/11. :wallbash: