Was Mario being a crybaby, you be the judge

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario should have unleashed some head slaps in return. If they're not going to call it do it until they do...

This

Actually this reminds me of a game i had back at Canisius College( when they HAD a football program)

When i played OL I did the same thing that a dude that beat me for a sack 2nd play of the game. I was pissed so I gave a few jabs to the facemask on the next 3 plays. He started to complain to the refs and i swear I had him in my hip pocket the rest of the game because he was more concern about the ref not calling it.

Funny thing was after the first time I did it I looked at the ref, he didnt even flinch. So I knew it was gonna be one of those days that you could get away with almost anything.

I am positive Howard was told that if they don't call it continue to do it because it was working for him.

If I was Bills D line coach I would have told Mario to push the rules because it was clear that the refs were letting them play. In this case my the best man win.

Do you think Bruce Smith would allow this to happen to him without Bad Things being done in return?? hell naw brother.

Edited by Bufcomments

Instead of bitching, do something about it. If the reds don't call it, do something just as illegal back.

By the looks of that second picture he did. Williams hand was up into the throat as well.

This is tackle football not badminton. .Losers lose and make excuses--winners win.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Instead of bitching, do something about it. If the reds don't call it, do something just as illegal back. He was signed to make plays, not complain afterward. He was ground up and left in the freezer on Sunday.

exactly. drive the guys face into the ground.

Many of you have it all wrong. What's he supposed to do let it keep going on and get shut down by KC too? This is as much about next week as last. You want your players to put the refs on notice. THIS IS GOOD FOR US

Joe, I can see where you're coming from with this, but when has whining to a member of the media ever been effective? He's got an entire coaching staff/administrative staff that can handle communications with the NFL and the refs. I don't think anyone is saying he didn't have a right to be pissed off. I can tell you that what I'm saying is that, as the biggest free agent of 2012 and a supposed team leader, he flopped by saying what he said and who he said it to. It shows a lack of discipline, a lack of leadership and a lack of professionalism ... you want those things out of a hundred million dollar man .... you also want some pressure on the QB.

Sunday was an all around whiff for Mario.

He'll turn it around, though.

Go Bills.

Waaaaaaa! Way to man up Mario. Not a very impressive debut. I hope he is embarrassed as he should be as well as the rest of this over hyped, weak, slow, out of position defense.

Say what you want about Landry but he kicked some Buffalo butt on Sunday. We could use some of that on our team.

That sort of play, while illegal, isn't anything new or rare. Mario needs to step up on the field and beat players he should be beating. Use a swim move and knock away the hands, whatever. He has quickness and experience on that guy.

I agree with this. Welcome the the NFL, Mr. Williams. WTF?? He's never seen this before? This had nothing to do with his performance. If he can be neutralized with a single hand, we're screwed.

Wanny should be in this guy's face telling him to toughen up and STFU. This is embarrassing.

I don't like the way Mario took his issue to the media but it looks like his claims were legit. If I was Williams I would have told him that if you touch my facemask again, I'm going to rip your !@#$ing head off. The next time he touched it I'd grab his facemask and twist his helmet so the !@#$er was on backwards.

nfl_i_williams_bl_400.jpg

gdeoXl.jpg

I don't like the way Mario took his issue to the media but it looks like his claims were legit. If I was Williams I would have told him that if you touch my facemask again, I'm going to rip your !@#$ing head off. The next time he touched it I'd grab his facemask and twist his helmet so the !@#$er was on backwards.

nfl_i_williams_bl_400.jpg

gdeoXl.jpg

He is a baby with a diaper rash. For a guy to play that awful when the Franchise placed so much hope on his signing is just so inexcusable. To make matters worse, I just read he graded out as the worse performer on the entire front line.

He should have kept his mouth shut and simply threatened the life of that Offensive Tackle.

I would bet the Jets coaching staff told their troubled offensive line to take advantage of refs that won't catch every call. If they did it was actually very smart. Smart coaches always seem to one up the others.

With the added benefit of turning bills fans on their Newly acquired superstar when he does the right thing and puts the refs on notice.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

With the added benefit of turning bills fans on their Newly acquired superstar when he does the right thing and puts the refs on notice.

The right thing would have been to sack .. or at least pressure .. Mark Sanchez. The Bills didn't pay him to police the game.

Joe, I can see where you're coming from with this, but when has whining to a member of the media ever been effective? He's got an entire coaching staff/administrative staff that can handle communications with the NFL and the refs. I don't think anyone is saying he didn't have a right to be pissed off. I can tell you that what I'm saying is that, as the biggest free agent of 2012 and a supposed team leader, he flopped by saying what he said and who he said it to. It shows a lack of discipline, a lack of leadership and a lack of professionalism ... you want those things out of a hundred million dollar man .... you also want some pressure on the QB.

Sunday was an all around whiff for Mario.

He'll turn it around, though.

Go Bills.

You ever heard of Tom Brady ? Whining to the refs can be VERY effective, hell, sometimes they'll even throw flags for you if you ask them.

This

Actually this reminds me of a game i had back at Canisius College( when they HAD a football program)

When i played OL I did the same thing that a dude that beat me for a sack 2nd play of the game. I was pissed so I gave a few jabs to the facemask on the next 3 plays. He started to complain to the refs and i swear I had him in my hip pocket the rest of the game because he was more concern about the ref not calling it.

Funny thing was after the first time I did it I looked at the ref, he didnt even flinch. So I knew it was gonna be one of those days that you could get away with almost anything.

I am positive Howard was told that if they don't call it continue to do it because it was working for him.

If I was Bills D line coach I would have told Mario to push the rules because it was clear that the refs were letting them play. In this case my the best man win.

Do you think Bruce Smith would allow this to happen to him without Bad Things being done in return?? hell naw brother.

I agree with everything in this post except the part about Bruce Smith. Nobody complained to the refs more than Bruce Smith in the history of the game. And he had good reason to. Bruce intimidated refs as much as OTs.

Anyway, given his effort in Sunday's game, Mario Williams needs to shut the f*ck up and play.

GO BILLS!!!

These kinds of player "grades" really need to be taken with a grain of salt as they are made with no context at all.

GO BILLS!!!

I wouldn't have complained. I know why he felt he needed to, however. Awful lot of pressure on the man. You don't want your first game as THE man to be a swing and a miss.

I only got angry and aggressive when I played football. I don't know about other folks on this board that played somtime in their lives but it was the only sport that allowed me to use my inherit aggression for a purpose that didn't result in getting arrested.

If I was Mario and had that talent and strength I would have buried that guy. And since Rodney Harrison calls me out and says I'm a complete fool, I continue burying tackles and quarterbacks all season long.

You can't be a nice guy playing defense. Best defenders historically have been really brutal human beings on the football field. I think the Bills have a lot of nice guys playing defense. It's a Catch-22. The guys are personable and makes them easy to root for. However, they have to figuratively start punching the offense in the face. Immediately.