Things to do in Buffalo

tito1

Allentown. I still like Chippewa, but then again, I went to Tech. Pearl Street Brewery is very good.

Albright KNox? Seriously.?? Art and Football. Weird combo. Anything suburban is out. Buffalo Brew Pub. Schwabl. Too far from hotel.

Unlike others, I really like the Anchor Bar. Yeah, there are better wings out there. But you go to the Anchor Bar for touristy reasons...and he's a tourist.

Don't forget to bring a good book to read while you're waiting for the Bills to pressure the QB....and maybe a Snickers.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't their a Marshawn Lynch video which outlined all the fun stuff to do in Buffalo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uN28EJRlA

:lol::thumbsup:

No, no, no! I was in Buffalo about a week and a half ago and by far the best wings I've ever had in Buffalo are @ BARBILL in East Aurora. i got 10 med and a decent beef on weck. Unreal how good they were.

East Aurora is a lot more than a little stroll from Downtown, that said I"ll be sure to check it out.

I'll second Bar Bills. Wings there are pretty amazing.

Not a quick trip from downtown, especially for someone who isn't familiar with the area. But for you locals, if you haven't tried it yet definitely put it on your list.

Duff's over Anchor Bar though for sure.

Edited by Metal Man

Harrys is a nice upscale dinner place on the water..there used to be a shanghai reds at the waterfront by Adams mark I don't know the new name but a good adult place to have a cocktail at sunset

I believe Harry's is now called "Acqua Restaurant", not sure how much has changed with the name change.

I second Pearl Street, it's always a good time. I also really enjoy the deli and bar in the basement.

What's there to do in Buffalo? Collect unemployment!

National unemployment rate = 8.2%. Buffalo unemployment = 12.3%

However, the Buffalo faithful vow to break their personal best of 14.2% iunemployment in Feb. of 1992 by voting for Obama in November, ensuring they have a legitimate shot at 15% unemployment.

I won't get into the political irony of Tooth's post, but I will weigh into the political quagmire of the Buffalo Chicken Wings...

I'm definitely NOT a fan of Duff's wings, tried them for the first time last year and didn't like 'em, too big and saucy for my tastes. That said, I'm not sure where the best are but I've read about Bar Bill quite a few times, might have to check it.

Other spots on the Buffalo culinary tour, I'd recommend:

- Charlie The Butcher's

- Ted's Hot Dogs

- Mighty Taco

- DiBella subs

- Jim's Steakout

- Schwabl's (Beef on Weck)

- Eckl's (more Beef on Weck)

There is so much good, local "fast food" in Buffalo it's unreal. Of course if your full, happy and bored, you can always head to the RV lot on Saturday, wander around, make new friends, drink strangers beers. Saturday is a perfect day to hit the Bills store too, last year we were in there and Andre Reed walked in!

What's there to do in Buffalo? Collect unemployment!

National unemployment rate = 8.2%. Buffalo unemployment = 12.3%

However, the Buffalo faithful vow to break their personal best of 14.2% iunemployment in Feb. of 1992 by voting for Obama in November, ensuring they have a legitimate shot at 15% unemployment.

Agreed 100% I was watching the RNC a few weeks ago and Romney says Obama's economic plan will raise taxes on the middle class and do nothing to reduce the defecit. Meanwhile, his plan will actually create jobs and lower the defecit. I never realized it was that cut and dry, but apparently it is. Talk about a no-brainer!

Anyway, everytime I have someone going to Buffalo for a night or two and they want to know where to go, I tell them the same thing and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet on this thread. You want the Buffaloest Buffalo experience with the best wings: COLE'S

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Adams Mark is about the worst hotel to be at to do stuff in the city. About the only decent tavern within walking distance is Pearl St Brewery. Take a cab up to Chippawa or Allen streets to find the nightlife. There is supposed to be a new comedy club opening on Mississippi St.

PTR

Adams Mark is about the worst hotel to be at to do stuff in the city. About the only decent tavern within walking distance is Pearl St Brewery. Take a cab up to Chippawa or Allen streets to find the nightlife. There is supposed to be a new comedy club opening on Mississippi St.

PTR

What the hell are you talking about? Adams Mark is probably about a 5-10 minute walk to Chip. It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend with temps in the 80s. They could walk there if they want.

No, no, no! I was in Buffalo about a week and a half ago and by far the best wings I've ever had in Buffalo are @ BARBILL in East Aurora. i got 10 med and a decent beef on weck. Unreal how good they were.

Bar Bills is awesome & they do have the best wings & beef in the area but that is a pretty good hike from downtown. Duffs & Anchor Bar both suck.

Hate to be this guy but its called The Bar Bill Tavern....and bring cash cuz they dont accept cards. Mammoser's in hamburg has some pretty solid wings if u like em' crispy and not very saucy. Big Tree is my personal favorite and right next to the stadium (but i'm a little biased) Try the wings at gabriels' gate downtown on allen.

Please, please do not go to Anchor Bar or Duff's...there are so many better places for wings. Bar Bill was mentioned, Elmo's is phenomenal, but if you're staying in the city, you'll probably want something closer like:

Gabriel's Gate

Cabaret

Papa Jake's

Also, if you're looking for entertainment, I'd go check out the Inner Harbor area during the day. The naval museum is really cool, and the eatery down there is pretty good as well.