A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no partIcular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) BEAUTIFUL run by CJ before the half. This time, he hit the hole fast and his speed did prevail. Fine thanks. Btw, great blocks on that play by both Levitre and Glenn.

2) Did anyone see McKelvin take a knee with 20 or so seconds remaining inthe first half on a kickoff? This while down by 20 points. More to come on this.

3) I think that I like Cordy Glenn, costly penaly or not.

4) For the record, Lee Smith is better than most of you think. We all know that Stevie Johnson can play, and so can Chandler. And props to, and high hopes for Donald Jones.

5) Absolutely horrible picks thrown by Fitz. The first one could have been a crucial completion if he put air under it. And by and large, he had enough time today. I would have pulled him to be honest. More to come.

6) Go ahead.....tell me about the wonderful stats that Spiller had today. I'm not impressed. His fumble before the half cost us an opportunity to get back into the football game. And this is nothing new. Many of us cling to stats in order to justify whatever or whoever we chose to validate, be it management, coaches, players, or dumb draft selections. I personally do not. I want us to make the f-*^$%g playoffs.

7) Gailey needs to step up and take charge of this football team. He should have taken Fitz out immediately after the pick at the start of the second half. He should have benched McKelvin who gave up pass after pass. He gave up both HUGE first downs and touchdowns. Justin Rogers could not have played any worse. I have backed Gailey as an offensive mind from day one. But I am going to start looking closer at him as a game manager, and a leader of this football team. And Wanny was, not decisive enough today. How could he have not pulled McKelvin? Seriously.

8) Please don't dominate the rap Jack, if you'[ve got nothing new to say.

If you please, don't back up the track, this train's got to come today.

I spent a little time on the mountain; spent a little time on the hill.

I heard some say, "better run away."

Others say, "better stand still."

9) This game, in some way, endeared me to Kelsay. How sick is that? He gave it all he had, and as a fan I appreciate this.

10) OK, here is the REAL deal wrt McKelvin. I would call him mentally challenged, but this would be an insult to the mentally challenged. If I could, I would put him on the trading block right this very second. If I couldn't grab a 7th rounder, I would cut his stupid, nonchalant, inept ass as we speak. Bills management needs to set an example that horrible effort and play will NOT be acceptd. He needs to get the !@#$ off of our football team.

11) Btw, Gilmore sucked today. This is not good news. Hopefully, Gilmore will not be a repeat of resources wasted at db. But let's watch and see, OK? It WAS only game 1 of his career. And btw, A. Williams looked like a stumblebum. This reflects upon Nix.

12) We are in this together. People, don't quit.

13) Thanks Diana :thumbsup:

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post as always Bill.

I'm not ready to bench Fitz in game one of the season - gotta give him some chance to fight through an awful game, but the leash should be short. Too bad we don't have a legit backup...

there was horrible play all over the place today, you pretty much summed all that up/ now, we will see how these players, and coaches, respond to that game going forward. hopefully it leaves a bad taste in their mouths and they spend the rest of the season busting their @$$es to get it out. bottom line is, i have to believe that they are collectively much better than this.

Only problem busting on spiller for the fumble is it wasn't a fumble! Never had possession. Clear as a bell on the replay. I think that's where replacement refs hurt us, regular ones would have had balls to make the right call

Only problem busting on spiller for the fumble it wasn't a fumble! Never had possession. Clear as a bell on the replay. I think that's where replacement refs hurt us, regular ones would have had balls to make the right call

I'm gonna get the papers, get the papers.

i think there is something to be gained from Ftizpatrick playing better in the second half. Im upset with wannie about keeping losers like mckelvin in when he cant play. Aso, whats the point about rotating our defensive line when we need our star ends getting some pressure.

The lack of blitzing achievements was disappointing.

why go with fred jackson when cj spiller is the more explosive player ?

1) BEAUTIFUL run by CJ before the half. This time, he hit the hole fast and his speed did prevail. Fine thanks. Btw, great blocks on that play by both Levitre and Glenn.

2) Did anyone see McKelvin take a knee with 20 or so seconds remaining inthe first half on a kickoff? This while down by 20 points. More to come on this.

3) I think that I like Cordy Glenn, costly penaly or not.

4) For the record, Lee Smith is better than most of you think. We all know that Stevie Johnson can play, and so can Chandler. And props to, and high hopes for Donald Jones.

5) Absolutely horrible picks thrown by Fitz. The first one could have been a crucial completion if he put air under it. And by and large, he had enough time today. I would have pulled him to be honest. More to come.

6) Go ahead.....tell me about the wonderful stats that Spiller had today. I'm not impressed. His fumble before the half cost us an opportunity to get back into the football game. And this is nothing new. Many of us cling to stats in order to justify whatever or whoever we chose to validate, be it management, coaches, players, or dumb draft selections. I personally do not. I want us to make the f-*^$%g playoffs.

7) Gailey needs to step up and take charge of this football team. He should have taken Fitz out immediately after the pick at the start of the second half. He should have benched McKelvin who gave up pass after pass. He gave up both HUGE first downs and touchdowns. Justin Rogers could not have played any worse. I have backed Gailey as an offensive mind from day one. But I am going to start looking closer at him as a game manager, and a leader of this football team. And Wanny was, not decisive enough today. How could he have not pulled McKelvin? Seriously.

8) Please don't dominate the rap Jack, if you'[ve got nothing new to say.

If you please, don't back up the track, this train's got to come today.

I spent a little time on the mountain; spent a little time on the hill.

I heard some say, "better run away."

Others say, "better stand still."

9) This game, in some way, endeared me to Kelsay. How sick is that? He gave it all he had, and as a fan I appreciate this.

10) OK, here is the REAL deal wrt McKelvin. I would call him mentally challenged, but this would be an insult to the mentally challenged. If I could, I would put him on the trading block right this very second. If I couldn't grab a 7th rounder, I would cut his stupid, nonchalant, inept ass as we speak. Bills management needs to set an example that horrible effort and play will NOT be acceptd. He needs to get the !@#$ off of our football team.

11) Btw, Gilmore sucked today. This is not good news. Hopefully, Gilmore will not be a repeat of resources wasted at db. But let's watch and see, OK? It WAS only game 1 of his career. And btw, A. Williams looked like a stumblebum. This reflects upon Nix.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are wrong about Spiller...your stubbornness to want to hate him is doing you in...he is the real deal and out played the entire roster today.

why go with fred jackson when cj spiller is the more explosive player ?

Don't worry. Their hand has now been forced. We'll see how this goes. But judging from last year, I think we'll be fine. Nevertheless, I think with Jackson out, our offense has just lost a dimension.

Edited by kas23

You are wrong about Spiller...your stubbornness to want to hate him is doing you in...he is the real deal and out played the entire roster today.

Fumbles like his give away football games. This is nothing new either. Passes fly off his hands for interceptions as well. He will not be an elite player until he fixes his bad habits. His stats were great. Now, how about him winning us a football game? How many has he won for us? Serioulsy, you tell me!

Fumbles like his give away football games. This is nothing new either. Passes fly off his hands for interceptions as well. He will not be an elite player until he fixes his bad habits. His stats were great. Now, how about him winning us a football game? How many has he won for us? Serioulsy, you tell me!

Huh? He single handedly brought us back into this blow out. Spiller is no where near the problem. Fitz killed us just like he killed our season last year. Spiller has kept us in games last year and this week while Fitz was busy giving them away. Get over it already, he was the 9th pick in the draft...so what. He is proving to be worthy of that pick but you cant get over he was picked 9th when you wanted someone else. Stop hating him, he is the real deal and the future and the ONLY dynamic player on this offense

Edited by Alphadawg7

Only problem busting on spiller for the fumble it wasn't a fumble! Never had possession. Clear as a bell on the replay. I think that's where replacement refs hurt us, regular ones would have had balls to make the right call

I disagree. The replay to me showed he had possession for a couple steps and got stripped. And it needs to be seen as clearly wrong in the replay to overturn. It absolutely was not in this case. However the replay that the Jets challenged on the spot that, to me anyway, clearly showed the spot was wrong was upheld as well. And by the way, the replay officials are not replacements.

It isn't the stats, its that he was out there busting his a&&, trying to make plays. The kid looked good.

That call could have gone either way with whatever ref's were out there. IMO I thought the refs were at least as good as the normal refs and one hellofalot better than the Bills were. If there was a bad call it was on the Bills interception where the foot was clearly over the end line. There are always a few that could go either way. Who knows how many non-calls were made today.

Sounds like Billy'd rather we commit high draft picks to get better DB's :-)

I agree with Alphadawg regarding Spiller. You are clinging to your opinion on him despite all signs that you are wrong. The guy is a horse and your previous claims that he goes down on first contact look especially ridiculous. From last season through today, the better he gets, the sillier your opinion on him.

I agree with Alphadawg regarding Spiller. You are clinging to your opinion on him despite all signs that you are wrong. The guy is a horse and your previous claims that he goes down on first contact look especially ridiculous. From last season through today, the better he gets, the sillier your opinion on him.

I have not been a Spiller proponent ... ever. But as I said in another thread, today is the first time he looked like a first round RB to me.

I thought the defence played too long just rushing the 4 down linemen. every time we sent more i saw an in complete pass...I didnt count but i also didnt see many times we sent more than 4 at sanchez...I just cant believe there was no blitz packages..

does anyone have a count on the times we sent more than 4 and when we did what the outcome was? I would trully like to know...