A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no partIcular order.....

Bill from NYC

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Mckelvin returning the punt for a TD and Spiller running wild, you know that game was a painful one to watch for him. In true billfromnyc fashion, he'll probably just ignore both of them in his post game "analysis."

Watch him bust on gilmore for playing soft and giving up the completion on the play he was shaken up. Gilmore was all over the field today. He's physical, disciplined, versatile, and confident and one of the best athletes on the field. they tried picking on the rookie in his 2nd start and he shined. He can be really special

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

With Mckelvin returning the punt for a TD and Spiller running wild, you know that game was a painful one to watch for him. In true billfromnyc fashion, he'll probably just ignore both of them in his post game "analysis."

I think Bill is too classy for that.

CJ played a heck of a game yet again. I was one if his doubters but no more. The guy has that elusive quality and big play ability that we sorely need.

McK on the other hand had a great return which showcased his athletic ability of which there was rarely any doubt. But, he was drafted high to primarily be a CB. In his fifth and contract year, he continues to underwhelm us in that role. As valuable as todays TD was, I would have rather him having panned out as a shutdown corner.

I think Bill is too classy for that.

CJ played a heck of a game yet again. I was one if his doubters but no more. The guy has that elusive quality and big play ability that we sorely need.

McK on the other hand had a great return which showcased his athletic ability of which there was rarely any doubt. But, he was drafted high to primarily be a CB. In his fifth and contract year, he continues to underwhelm us in that role. As valuable as todays TD was, I would have rather him having panned out as a shutdown corner.

I'll give Bill his props. He fessed up and gave appropriate credit to both Spiller and McKelvin.

Just wait til the next loss, It will again be about how we could have filled his chubby fetish by taking a linemen rather then Spiller and how McKelvin can't do anything right.........

Considering that McKelvin is no longer even the starting nickleback, Bill's criticism of McKelvin the DB is amply justified. McKelvin the punt returner looks good, but you don't take a guy 11th overall to return punts.

You mentioned Bill's slight preference for using early picks on offensive linemen over DBs or RBs. Okay, maybe it's not so slight!

With the exception of a few games here or an eight game stretch there, the Bills haven't had an offensive line ever since Kent Hull and Jim Ritcher hung up their cleats. As a result of the lack of an OL, the running game would often falter, and the quarterback would get killed. In 2005, after the Raiders game, Kelly Holcomb noted that he'd never before experienced pass protection that bad. Strong words, considering Holcomb was something of a connoisseur of bad offensive line play. Back in the '90s, Rob Johnson became the most sacked quarterback in NFL history. IIRC, he took sacks at about twice the rate of the second-most sacked QB. Much of that was Johnson's fault, obviously. But the quality of that OL's pass protection was lacking at best.

After years or even decades of watching your team's OL get dominated, a guy like Bill from NYC will eventually say, "Enough is enough. Fix the offensive line. I don't care how you do it. Just do it." The OL now looks fixed. :) I love the way Glenn has been playing.