A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no partIcular order.....

Bill from NYC

I thought the defence played too long just rushing the 4 down linemen. every time we sent more i saw an in complete pass...I didnt count but i also didnt see many times we sent more than 4 at sanchez...I just cant believe there was no blitz packages..

does anyone have a count on the times we sent more than 4 and when we did what the outcome was? I would trully like to know...

Honestly, I didn't see much difference in pass rush from when they sent 4 to when they sent 5 or 6. This is not a blitzing defense. If the DBs and LBs can't hold up better in coverage then it's going to be another long season.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought our OL looked good to me. Glenn. especially is real deal at LT. Good to see Wood getting reps and helaing nicely. Leveitre, someehat coincerned with his penalties but I thought other than Spiller that our OL as a whole was great! DBs will get better with time. Bradham looks like he coul dbe a good player as well.

Honestly, I didn't see much difference in pass rush from when they sent 4 to when they sent 5 or 6. This is not a blitzing defense. If the DBs and LBs can't hold up better in coverage then it's going to be another long season.

I agree. They don't have good blitzing linebackers, pressure is supposed to come from front 4. If they're going to mix it up and send some more I'd like to see from the secondary

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Spiller showed me a lot today. It was not just his his 2 long runs, but his other runs as well. He showed patience to let blocking develop, and speed to hit the whole. If he was one shoe size smaller he would of broke another 50+ TD. If Reveis did not barely catch his ankle. He did fumble that catch, but he also showed he is a threat down field also. Bottom line, he should be the feature of the offense. It's time to show why they picked him in the first round. I think he's ready.

I dont think he caught it either, but to blame that on Fitz is rediculous. Hit him in the hands, he had time to turn after catching it and take a step, NFL players make that catch

You're right about the momentum swing. Reminded me of the Pats game where we had the INT and field goal to close out the 1st half. Also, no way that's Fitz's fault either.

It was definitely a catch though. Ball was caught, secured, and he began to run when Landy? chopped down on his arms and stripped it.

Either way, I was thinking how in the hell does that ball not go out of bounds for a us?

Man Bill. I think you are a good poster but what you said about Spiller is one of the worst things ever posted on this board. The fact you could rip a guy who gained nearly 190 yards and played his butt is simply incredible. There is no other way to say it but you are just an irrational hater.

6) Go ahead.....tell me about the wonderful stats that Spiller had today. I'm not impressed. His fumble before the half cost us an opportunity to get back into the football game. And this is nothing new. Many of us cling to stats in order to justify whatever or whoever we chose to validate, be it management, coaches, players, or dumb draft selections. I personally do not. I want us to make the f-*^$%g playoffs.

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. That his fumble ruined his 190 yard performance? Give me a break.

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. That his fumble ruined his 190 yard performance? Give me a break.

Bill is a good poster but there are certain players he will never like because he wanted an OL picked instead. If Spiller rushes for 2,000 yards this year, he will find a fault in his game.

And I know Bill will bash me for supporting Whitner (started for the #1 defense last year) and Jauron (top 10 defense in Cleveland) but there's no comparison between them & Spiller. He has top 5 rb skills.

Good post as always Bill.

I'm not ready to bench Fitz in game one of the season - gotta give him some chance to fight through an awful game, but the leash should be short. Too bad we don't have a legit backup...

Really? You're not? Just exactly how bad does he have to play before you pull the plug? This is professional football. He wasn't fighting through anything. He was just plain terrible. And unfortunately that appears to be the "real" Fitz. He has played too many games like yesterday and not enough good ones to warrant any kind of confidence. If he can't play, then sit his rear end down. They lost the game by 20 points largely because of Fitzpatrick mistakes. Any QB could throw three picks and miss open receivers. I for one am no fan of Thigpen either, but in reality he couldn't have hurt our cause yesterday. The QB play was so bad, that it could not possibly have hurt to sit him down.

Exactly. We should be able to sit back and watch him display his God given talent, without having to worry about turnovers. And with FJ perhaps done, they are going to REALLY need this kid to step up. It looks like he has in terms of carrying the football, which is good news. Was he the biggest problem in this game? Of course not.

CJ Spiller was not only not a problem in the inaugural game he was the most productive and impactful back in the league for the first game of the season. With respect to CJ you need to move on and worry about the real warts on this team. Don't worry about an asset when there are so many other liabilities to concern yourself with.

am still sick to my stomach wrt this game. Fitz was indescribably bad, and he did have enough time. The defense, led by our secondary, was also flat out horrible. What a freaking nightmare!

I don't believe that Fitz is as bad as he demonstrated he was in the Jets game. The reality is that he is an average to below average starting qb in this league. He is what he is and has always been i.e. pedestrian. There will be games in which he shines but for the most part he is nothing more than adequate.

Fumbles like his give away football games. This is nothing new either. Passes fly off his hands for interceptions as well. He will not be an elite player until he fixes his bad habits. His stats were great. Now, how about him winning us a football game? How many has he won for us? Serioulsy, you tell me!

The Whole damn team sucks as far as I'm concerned. To get beat like that is an embarrasment coming out on Week 1. No One Gets out alive on this loss. They all take the blame. Some players sucked worse than others in contributing to the failure, but nonetheless, it's a team game and they all get blame for this heaping pile of a **** game... And Yeah I'm Friggin' Heated!!

Just my 2 cents:

• As everyone else stated, spiller was awesome today. That fumble I cant say wasnt his fault but I also cant hinge on it when it was a tough play and he had to turn his whole body around. If it wasnt for him we may have seen a record blowout.
  • Piggybacking off that why WHY WHY dont we run a more conventional offense? We have 2 excellent running backs and an at best game managing qb. Run the ball and use play action that is how we will score points.
  • Why is Brad Smith still on the team? I have been saying this since we got him that he is a waste of a roster spot, I would way rather call up another wideout then have him he is a horrible wideout, an even worse qb, and incredibly ****ty on special teams.
  • I have always been a Chan Gailey fan but he is not a competent head coach. He needs to realize his system doesnt work and tailor it to the strengths of this team. I actually still think we could make the playoffs if the coaches werent so hellbent on sticking to there outdated schemes.
  • When Tavaris is ready give him a shot.. Since chan refuses to adapt and fitz doesn't have anywhere near the arm for the spread, give Tavaris a chance to come in and manage the game. He will be perfect for the spread and IMO give us a better chance to win. Im not a fitz hater or lover but his time is up, I dont care if it was 1 game, he is 1-9 in his last 10 and frankly im sick of it and im sick of losing. Get him out of here.

Fitz has had that deer in the headlight look about him since the mid of last season. He has the least swagger of any starting NFL QB. Fitzpatrick instills no fear and he radiates a lack of confidence. I will be shocked if he ever wins 8 games in a season.

Fumbles like his give away football games. This is nothing new either. Passes fly off his hands for interceptions as well. He will not be an elite player until he fixes his bad habits. His stats were great. Now, how about him winning us a football game? How many has he won for us? Serioulsy, you tell me!

Tell me what Bills player has won us a football game in the last 11 months?!? Seriously, why single Spiller out? He appeared to be about the only one making plays.

Bill is a good poster but there are certain players he will never like because he wanted an OL picked instead. If Spiller rushes for 2,000 yards this year, he will find a fault in his game.

And I know Bill will bash me for supporting Whitner (started for the #1 defense last year) and Jauron (top 10 defense in Cleveland) but there's no comparison between them & Spiller. He has top 5 rb skills.

If that's true, then that is just ridiculous on Bill's part.

Just my 2 cents:

• As everyone else stated, spiller was awesome today. That fumble I cant say wasnt his fault but I also cant hinge on it when it was a tough play and he had to turn his whole body around. If it wasnt for him we may have seen a record blowout.
  • Piggybacking off that why WHY WHY dont we run a more conventional offense? We have 2 excellent running backs and an at best game managing qb. Run the ball and use play action that is how we will score points.
  • Why is Brad Smith still on the team? I have been saying this since we got him that he is a waste of a roster spot, I would way rather call up another wideout then have him he is a horrible wideout, an even worse qb, and incredibly ****ty on special teams.
  • I have always been a Chan Gailey fan but he is not a competent head coach. He needs to realize his system doesnt work and tailor it to the strengths of this team. I actually still think we could make the playoffs if the coaches werent so hellbent on sticking to there outdated schemes.
  • When Tavaris is ready give him a shot.. Since chan refuses to adapt and fitz doesn't have anywhere near the arm for the spread, give Tavaris a chance to come in and manage the game. He will be perfect for the spread and IMO give us a better chance to win. Im not a fitz hater or lover but his time is up, I dont care if it was 1 game, he is 1-9 in his last 10 and frankly im sick of it and im sick of losing. Get him out of here.

Agree, especially about Chan. Getting pretty tired of this 'aww shucks we just gotta play better' b.s. after every debacle.