Live Feed DNC

B-Man

Meanwhile, Obama's job approval rating spiked up during the convention. At 52% approval, highest it's been in over a year.

For the love of God, why????? That's like my annual performance review improving because I went to a movie.

I don't know. "Fill your tires with air" wasn't too far from "Wear a sweater."

Completely forgot about that.

Okay...he's Carterrific.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The headlines just about everywhere I'm reading, which is NY Times, WAPO, Politico, Weeklystandard, Drudge (Plastered everywhere :lol: ), National Review, National Journal so on and so on is not about Obama's convention, but the piss poor jobs report.

Not the way he would of liked for it to be

The headlines just about everywhere I'm reading, which is NY Times, WAPO, Politico, Weeklystandard, Drudge (Plastered everywhere :lol: ), National Review, National Journal so on and so on is not about Obama's convention, but the piss poor jobs report.

Not the way he would of liked for it to be

Meanwhile, on Twitter, David Axelrod is calling out Mitt Romney for backing Rep. Steve King in Iowa.

Yes, 23M people are out of work. Yes, almost 400,000 just got out of the work force. Yes, we're $16T in debt and we're out of ideas or plans beyond "We just need more time."

But...ABORTION!!!!! SCAREY, SCAREY ABORTION!!!!

Meanwhile, on Twitter, David Axelrod is calling out Mitt Romney for backing Rep. Steve King in Iowa.

Yes, 23M people are out of work. Yes, almost 400,000 just got out of the work force. Yes, we're $16T in debt and we're out of ideas or plans beyond "We just need more time."

But...ABORTION!!!!! SCAREY, SCAREY ABORTION!!!!

The pro-life stance is a Republican ploy to increase the workforce, thus increasing the unemployment rolls and make Obama look bad.

The pro-life stance is a Republican ploy to increase the workforce, thus increasing the unemployment rolls and make Obama look bad.

You know I never got this. You would think abortions of blacks and hispanics would be a bad thing according to the Dems. Afterall, 55% of the abortions in this country are by those demographics. If they stopped abortions there would be more Black and Hispanic voters in 18 years than new white voters.

I guess the Dems are racists killing all those black and brown babies.

You know I never got this. You would think abortions of blacks and hispanics would be a bad thing according to the Dems. Afterall, 55% of the abortions in this country are by those demographics. If they stopped abortions there would be more Black and Hispanic voters in 18 years than new white voters.

No, they're just hateful. We need to start calling out their hate speech and their hate code words. Words like "women", "1%", "rich", "wealthy", "white", "corporations", "business", "growth", "capitalism", "suburban", "marriage", "heterosexual", "religion", "God", "church", "capital gains", "investments", "risk-taking", etc. ...

These are all hateful words intended to inflict hurt and ill will on people they're aimed at. The sooner the hateful Left is called out on this, the sooner we'll stop hearing about the "code words" the right uses so indiscriminately - like "Monday"!

300px-DeadParrot.png

I Wish to Register a Complaint: Of Obama and Dead Parrots

By Charles C. W. Cooke

When, in Monty Python’s famous parrot sketch, John Cleese complains that the parrot he bought is dead, the shopkeeper tries to change the subject, saying: “Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn’it, ay? Beautiful plumage!”

Yes, says Cleese. The plumage is lovely. But it’s dead.

For years, complaints that President Obama is a failure have been met both with reminders that he is an inspiring man who can make a damn good speech, and with requests for patience. Worry not about the unemployment numbers, we have been assured, for he is just about to revive the economy — this summer, or next summer, or maybe the one after that . . . Whether with Obamacare, the unemployment figures, or the stimulus, the president always seems to be just one pivotal oration away from convincing the electorate that his policies are attractive to them. He shares the conceit: When asked what his biggest mistake was, he answered that he had not communicated well enough.

There is a teeny-tiny problem with this: It’s not true. Barack Obama can make precisely one speech, and he has been making it for years now. He can make a speech in which — playing the youthful and exuberant outsider — he asks to be elected president in order to fix America’s problems — problems that have ostensibly been caused by a combination of minarchist Republicans, ubiquitous straw men, and the cynical nature of a politics that he somehow transcends. So well practiced is this speech that at the beginning of every sentence last night, those who follow such things knew precisely what was coming next, cadence and volume changes included.

{snip}

It must be a crushing realization for his devotees, but the president’s plumage is no longer beautiful. He is, further to paraphrase our desperate shopkeeper, “tired and shagged out after a prolonged squawk.” A one-trick parrot, he is pining for the fjords of Chicago. It’s time to send him back there.

They're just fulfilling Margret Sanger's Dream. She was a Eugenicist and founded PP to control the "undesirables".

300px-DeadParrot.png

:lol:

I've come to a similar conclusion.

Obama = JP Losman

He just needs more time

He took over a bad team

He just needs more time

The offensive line doesn't give him enough protection

He just needs more time

That Kelly Holcomb guy isn't any better

He just needs more time

The receivers can't catch

He just needs more time

That guy from Stanford can never take his job

He just needs more time

The coaches don't know how to use him

He just needs more time

You'll be sorry when he's gone!

Yeah, that's about as dumb as, say, having daddy take out a loan to help pay for college (I have no idea what "go shopping" refers to).

That was W's message to the nation right after the vicious Muslim gang's attack which gouged our eyes out on 9/11.

It was his inarticulate way of saying we should not panic and should try to go about business as usual. In due time he would let slip the hounds of war, but for now there was nothing we could do as a people except to try to maintain a sense of "normalcy".

That was W's message to the nation right after the vicious Muslim gang's attack which gouged our eyes out on 9/11. It was his inarticulate way of saying we should not panic and should try to go about business as usual. In due time he would let slip the hounds of war, but for now there was nothing we could do as a people except to try to maintain a sense of "normalcy".

Thanks.

Obama promised that he'd pursue "the kind of bold, persistent experimentation that Franklin Roosevelt pursued during the only crisis worse than this one."

That promise might have made liberal hearts swoon. But as Amity Shlaes explained in her outstanding history of the era — "The Forgotten Man" — it was precisely FDR's "bold, persistent experimentation" that was largely to blame for the length, depth and severity of the Great Depression.

Convinced that the government had to do something, FDR tinkered and experimented, she said, figuring that if he didn't "get it right the first time ... maybe he'd get it right the second time." But the very arbitrariness of FDR's actions, she found, made it impossible for businesses to make plans. And so, as FDR's bold experiments increased, business activity decreased and markets froze.

"From the point of view of a business," Shlaes said in a 2009 interview, "it is annihilating to hear Washington uncertain, and that itself retards recovery because you really don't know what to expect."

If Obama wants to conduct experiments, he should get a job as a high school science teacher, and not use the entire nation as guinea pigs, particularly when we already know how his tests will turn out.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/090712-625080-terrifying-promise-obama-made-.htm

That was W's message to the nation right after the vicious Muslim gang's attack which gouged our eyes out on 9/11.

It was his inarticulate way of saying we should not panic and should try to go about business as usual. In due time he would let slip the hounds of war, but for now there was nothing we could do as a people except to try to maintain a sense of "normalcy".

I think the administration said it too, during Katrina. It's just a dumb way of stating the very accurate observation that our economy is based on consumption, not production.

LOL.....Apparently Gallup got Axelrod's hint

See what the threat of a lawsuit will do?

See, this is the kind of comments that are ridiculous. Keep burying your head in the sand. Obama is seeing a nice bounce from the conventions and the final polling isn't even out.

Gallup also has the head to head at 49-45 Obama. Those numbers are over a 7 day average too. He might hit that magic number of 50 very soon.

538 also puts Obama's chances up to 78%.

Edited by fjl2nd

See, this is the kind of comments that are ridiculous. Keep burying your head in the sand. Obama is seeing a nice bounce from the conventions and the final polling isn't even out.

Gallup also has the head to head at 49-45 Obama. Those numbers are over a 7 day average too. 78%.He might hit that magic number of 50 very soon.

538 also puts Obama's chances up to

What's Debbie Wassermans Schultz's opinion?