Live Feed DNC

B-Man

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were just as many (vague) policy statements in Mitt Romney's speech....you just are going with the media spin.

The problem with the policies that Barack is talking about tonight, is that they are the same failed policies of the past 4 years,

he's asking for a "mulligan" to give it another shot.....no thanks

Too much SPIN in your post!!

You've been campaigning against Obama since January 21, 2009 so it's not like your opinion really matters.

You know Mr. President, you can love your neighbor & not support government programs, or at least this many government programs.

Insinuating that you can't, is insulting to a majority of Americans

but thats your usual method, people aren't allowed to just disagree with your policy,

they must be evil,

they must be ridiculed,

Learn to be a leader Barack.

Too much SPIN in your post!!

You've been campaigning against Obama since January 21, 2009 so it's not like your opinion really matters.

Oh, I think it was well before that.

Sorry, but Obama is rockin the house right now. Givin' everyone that warm fuzzy feeling.

It'll be interesting tomorrow to see how his speech fact checks out...

Dude, your analysis begins and ends with "Democrat Good". How can you honestly make this criticism of someone else.

Me and B-Man go way back! And I'd argue that not my analysis at all. I've had plenty of criticisms of the President, his campaign and the party as a whole.

Oh, I think it was well before that.

Sorry, but Obama is rockin the house right now. Givin' everyone that warm fuzzy feeling.

It'll be interesting tomorrow to see how his speech fact checks out...

I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work. The same Politifact that called the factually accurate charges of gutting the 96 welfare work requirements a lie because some Republican governors like the flexibility will also find that his charge of reducing reliance on foreign oil, although due primarily to lack of consumption resulting from the economic downturn & stagnation, is nevertheless completely accurate because we did import less oil.

For people who hate Obama it was an Obama speech. To people who like Obama it was a great speech. To undecideds ... it didn't hurt

I think that's a fairly accurate assessment.

CBS response Bob Schieffer says “This is not like the speech Clinton gave last night. Didn’t have the spark.”

Hmmm, Cardinal Dolan smack down! Praying for the unborn! Good for him.

On the plus side our commander in chief did not hesitate when giving the order to fire the confetti cannons.

CBS response Bob Schieffer says “This is not like the speech Clinton gave last night. Didn’t have the spark.”

Hmmm, Cardinal Dolan smack down! Praying for the unborn! Good for him.

On the plus side our commander in chief did not hesitate when giving the order to fire the confetti cannons.

Clinton's speech was better. To me, this speech was lackluster due to hearing Obama speak so much in the past.

For people who hate Obama it was an Obama speech. To people who like Obama it was a great speech. To undecideds ... it didn't hurt

The line "to undicideds it didn't hurt" means it was a big meh. For me I watched it but had the ear buds in listening to Ry Cooder channel on Pandora. Kind of like watching a movie on a plane with no sound. You really can spot ****ty acting that way. So my review of Obama's speech using the same method? Meh

Yes, this is a fair statement,

but now contrast it to your response on the board last night to Bill Clinton's speech.

You couldn't say enough good things, now its "To undecideds ... it didn't hurt"

Mr. Obama didn't accomplish what he needed to do, and you know it.

Clinton's speech was better. To me, this speech was lackluster due to hearing Obama speak so much in the past.

Clinton and Obama split the division of labor well so Obama could give the message of this campaign and Clinton could defend the record. Only Clinton can make a policy oriented defense/compare and contrast speech rival and surpass and Obama barn burner hehe. Obama gave a great Obama speech though....but we've heard Obama quite a bit. All in all very strong convention. Very well done

Now he's just lying through his teeth. Little girls were denied heart transplants not because hearts are scarce & there aren't enough to go around but because their insurance companies block them.

I can personally attest to this. My daughter suffered many complications after surgery for congenital heart disease and was listed for transplant while an inpatient. Due to neuro complications she was a long shot for transplant but the scarcity of donors in that age group is profound (thankfully so as nobody wants 'lots' of available donors in this age group). My daughter survived w/o a transplant and has some chronic cardiac conditions. Suffice it to say, had her condition continued to worsen, she would likely have died on the wait list.....despite our 'good' insurance. And I saw it happen to other families a few times during our three months in the hospital.

Rob's right here....this is BS. Worse than that, it's political BS/scare tactics.

Yes, this is a fair statement,

but now contrast it to your response on the board last night to Bill Clinton's speech.

You couldn't say enough good things, now its "To undecideds ... it didn't hurt"

Mr. Obama didn't accomplish what he needed to do, and you know it.

I don't know that. He gave a strong speech, reminded the people who he is, encouraged them to take ownership of the movement etc....they necessarily have to walk a fine line b/c as we all know you can't just rail on positive-overkill when we are still working to get back to where we feel good. He has to give a more "mature" vibe and he did that well. It was a strong speech by any standard...and a good one for a Obama (although he's given some great ones so not a great one for him)...it certainly will look good if a hypothetical non-political undecided compares it side by side to Romney.

The prime time speakers seemed pretty good, but the undercard was pretty sorry. Obviously the top of the card is the most important, but a lot of these speakers were just plain bad.

I can personally attest to this. My daughter suffered many complications after surgery for congenital heart disease and was listed for transplant while an inpatient. Due to neuro complications she was a long shot for transplant but the scarcity of donors in that age group is profound (thankfully so as nobody wants 'lots' of available donors in this age group). My daughter survived w/o a transplant and has some chronic cardiac conditions. Suffice it to say, had her condition continued to worsen, she would likely have died on the wait list.....despite our 'good' insurance. And I saw it happen to other families a few times during our three months in the hospital.

Rob's right here....this is BS. Worse than that, it's political BS/scare tactics.

I hope she's doing well. I have a little girl too & I can only imagine the hell you must have gone through.

Edited by Rob's House

I hear that he served in Vietnam.

O's 5 - 1 over the Yanks................Girardi over managing as usual

Cincy 14 to 0 over Pitt.

Well, he did admit to shooting a VietNamese teenager in the back while the kid was running away. That's got to be Democrat for high valor and a Profile in Courage.