What's wrong with the GOP?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The black CNN camerawoman who had nuts thrown at her at the Republican National Convention said she's "not surprised" by the incident.

"This is Florida, and I'm from the Deep South," Alabama native Patricia Carroll told journalist Richard Prince of the Maynard Institute. "You come to places like this, you can count the black people on your hand. They see us doing things they don't think I should do."

Carroll, 34, was doing her job inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Tuesday when two RNC attendees threw nuts at her and said: "This is how we feed animals." They were immediately removed from the forum and were later ejected from the convention, according to media reports.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

and what's with Clint Eastwood?

The 82-year-old movie legend's address at the RNC was largely incoherent.

It seems doubtful that Clint Eastwood made Mitt Romney's day with his speech during the Republican National Convention on Thursday.

The acclaimed actor and director, who is 82, turned out to be the much-touted "mystery guest" the Romney campaign teased this week. But rather than delivering a clear endorsement of Romney, the actor used an empty chair to stand in for President Barack Obama onstage at the RNC, and then questioned the invisible POTUS about his policies and positions. At one point Eastwood asked: "Mr. President, how do you handle the promises that you made when running for president?"

That was the coherent part.

At one point, he pretended the president asked him to stop talking. "I'm not going to shut up," said Eastwood to the chair. "It's my turn."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/clint-eastwood-strange-address-invisible-obama-rnc-023242832--election.html

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It was funny. It was weird. But funny. He made the salient points where he had to and in typical "Clint" style, just got up there and winged it. It was a tough listen at parts, but it was him being him. Jeez...when you throw a "whatever" in a speech, you know the guy giving it doesnt really care about how articulate he is. He cares about the point, thats it. Not if his words come out right. Its like Ditka. Ditka doesnt even finish his last word out of his mouth before starting a new one. But you still understand what he's saying and like Clint, Ditka has the cache and ability to say "Im Mike Ditka, YOU figure out what Im trying to say." Youre going to get on Mike Ditka or Clint Eastwood about proper diction and being articulate? If you tried, they would activate your dental plan and they know you know it.

It was fine.

Edited by RkFast

Personally, he seemed like at times he was struggling for words. Sure, he had some funny moments, but that was my impression. However, when I asked my father of what he thought, overall he thought he was funny.

My coworker this morning thought he was funny, and he's a moderate Democratic. When I told him of the left wing criticism of Eastwood, he thought that their criticism was ridiculous, and said "geez, he's 82 years old, he was funny to me"

Personally, he seemed like at times he was struggling for words. Sure, he had some funny moments, but that was my impression. However, when I asked my father of what he thought, overall he thought he was funny.

My coworker this morning thought he was funny, and he's a moderate Democratic. When I told him of the left wing criticism of Eastwood, he thought that their criticism was ridiculous, and said "geez, he's 82 years old, he was funny to me"

I tend to agree. My brother (very liberal) hated it but I dug it.

From a business perspective I wonder what this will do for Trouble with the Curve's box office. Could be a boon or it could cripple it.

Sure, if you find racism funny. Talking to an empty chair was obviously a reference to the Republican ideal that blacks shouldn't have a voice.

Come on, his speech was no where near as racist as this Clint gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoXDzsuqXFg

If you look closely you'll find that the only people extensively criticizing the speech are Hollywood and media liberals. Period.

That's why I'm curious what it'll do to his movie that's opening soon. Let's see if Rush/Hannity/O'Reilly rally their minions to go see it in support of Clint. It looks like a good movie to me.

Edited by tgreg99

People are EASTWOODING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobby J invited Mitt to see the hurricane damage

Friday while Romney was in Louisiana, saying that "Under a Romney-Ryan administration, we would not have been prepared to respond to Hurricane Isaac."

"Paul Ryan's budget would gut disaster funding, making it much harder to get aid

Surveying the flood damage produced by Hurricane Isaac, newly minted Republican nominee Mitt Romney on Friday told Gov. Bobby Jindal that he had come to Louisiana to learn -- and then asked where all the water came from.

Meeting with Jindal in the flooded Lafitte area of Jefferson Parish, Romney said, "I appreciate the chance to be here. I have a lot of questions for you. I'm here to learn and obviously to draw some attention to what's going here, so that people around the country know that people done here need help."

Romney expressed concern about the welfare of the 5,000 residents, some of whom had evacuated. He then asked, according to a journalists' pool report of the visit: "Did the water come from the sky, or the rivers, or the ocean?"

Jindal was heard mumbling something. LOL

:lol: