What's wrong with the GOP?

No schit Chef, Tom and Doc. I did it on purpose!

Once again to you conservatives , thanks for proving my point. You can and (I'm pretty sure) have shown smug Obama pics, and now you're getting pissy when I do it!!! again

Do you have one of Obama throwing the finger?

"I meant to do that." Oh you got us good there Pee Wee. :rolleyes:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Chef. I did. See how you are all in a huff.

------------------

Oops: Arizona governor Jan Brewer endorses Obama on air @ the convention

:blush: :blush: :blush:

---------------------

oh and lets talk about security teams....

Secret Service detail leaves gun unattended on Romney's flight.

relax don't worry paul_ryan_frown_uni.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Ya know, another thing about this. You complain about subsidies to corporations that you want cut. How many of those companies recieving some sort of prilidge that you want to cut off would also leave? So it works both ways

Is it possible for you to conceive....of the USA....being one of your evil tax dodge nations?

Consider: what if all the rest of the world's evil people...dodged taxes in their countries...by investing it in the US?

Yes...that will kill economic growth. Yeah...we will surely be at the "bottom" then, and will have "raced" there. :lol:

This brand of idiocy should have its own genre.

How would that help us?

Ya know, another thing about this. You complain about subsidies to corporations that you want cut. How many of those companies recieving some sort of prilidge that you want to cut off would also leave? So it works both ways

How would that help us?

So now corporate welfare is good? Damn, it's so hard to keep up with the left.

The Republican party is just as pro-Big Government as Democrats. They just focus it in a different area

The Republican party is too interventionist. But so are Democrats

The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is that individually Republicans want to reform Government whereas Democrats believe the system needs tweaking but is working overall. Until that is, Republicans actually get to DC and get their first taste of power and start acting like Democrats

Yeah, basically this sums it up. Its like a contagious disease that plagues DC... go there with principles intentions, leave with a reserved parking spot at the club.... LOL

I read a line in John Stossels book that made so much sense I could barely believe it. He basically says what we need is not politcians with the "answers", but elected officials with sharply curtailed reponsibilities... I think that hits it on the head again and again.. (that is paraphrased of course)

Yeah, basically this sums it up. Its like a contagious disease that plagues DC... go there with principles intentions, leave with a reserved parking spot at the club.... LOL

Serious Nazi reference for a moment...

Read about the Nazi government and how it operated, and one thing that stands out isn't that it was some sort of well-guided dictatorship directed by the will of Adolf; but rather it was primarily a mindless, faceless swamp of bureaucracy that stifled all initiative, discussion, and dissension through sheer inertia, and existed in large part just to maintain its own existence.

The US government is a lot like that. (I'd guess it's the biggest bureaucracy on the planet.) You get to DC, and it just completely swamps you with bull ****, and fights any attempt to change or disagree with it with monolithic dedication to its own needs. That's not changing any time soon.

Read about the Nazi government and how it operated, and one thing that stands out isn't that it was some sort of well-guided dictatorship directed by the will of Adolf; but rather it was primarily a mindless, faceless swamp of bureaucracy that stifled all initiative, discussion, and dissension through sheer inertia, and existed in large part just to maintain its own existence.

The US government is a lot like that. (I'd guess it's the biggest bureaucracy on the planet.) You get to DC, and it just completely swamps you with bull ****, and fights any attempt to change or disagree with it with monolithic dedication to its own needs. That's not changing any time soon.

And that just goes to show the shear naivete of Obama and any other politician that thinks they can make any kind of change. You're in the middle of it, what would have to take place to create major changes? A revolution?

As a huge Mitt Romney supporter, I agree with most of this -- not totally sure about the complete legalization of drugs, but see absolutely no reason to put people in jail for smoking pot.

Another thing I'd add to this: It drives me nuts to hear Republicans talking about wanting "equal opportunity" for everyone while hand-waving away all of the reasons why there isn't "equal opportunity" in this country while, at the same time, attempting to gut some (or maybe even most) of the programs that attempt to level out the playing field into a more "equal opportunity" for everyone.

I'm a grown-up, I realize that there will never be "equal opportunity" in the general sense -- I'm not desiring that. However, I'd like for Republicans to take a good look around, recognize what is egregiously unfair and try to do something about it other than say: "You had your chance and you blew it."

As far as the legalization of drugs, in my opinion, if a consenting adult want to smoke a joint, snort some lines, drop some acid, heck even shoot up some junk, who am I in a free country to say you cannot do that? As long as the don't drive or put other in danger, I don't see the harm... responsible people who value their life or want more, or don't desire to get into that behavior will refrain.... heck, alcohol is not only encouraged and of the norm, I know way more budding alcoholics and burnout from boozing that I do from any other illicit drug... On the other hand, 95% of the people I know use alcohol respsonsibly, and don't abuse... to me there is market for it, it will be served.... why do we have to spend Billions to make it harder for that market to function, at the same time become violent and fill up our prisons?

As far as Fair and Equal goes, it is just a fact of life that things are not fair..... Many people want the Government to "Fix" inequality, but they don't step back to examine the reality that Big Government is the pivot point of inequality... I mean, wealthy people and large compaines have huge outlays to advoacte polcity that benefits their interests.... and that money helps win elections, thereby a return on investment must be repaid... think Defense contracts, Solydra, Auto Bailouts, Cash for Clunkers and a myriad of other Juicy deals... The person, in the end holding the tab is the person who fill out the 1040 and pays the taxes....

You have wonder in the end, Jamie, if Government has created more of the problems we have today and the solution only cost more and excerbate the problem further.... have they cut off at the knees they very people they intend to help?

In the end, should the Federal Government do anything, instead defer to citizens, communities, regions and States to decide?

As far as the legalization of drugs, in my opinion, if a consenting adult want to smoke a joint, snort some lines, drop some acid, heck even shoot up some junk, who am I in a free country to say you cannot do that? As long as the don't drive or put other in danger, I don't see the harm...

You're right. Someone high on any of those things never puts anyone else in danger. :rolleyes:

Ron Paul for President!!

That's becasue they can't thing straight. Imagine having to vote and support the guy who is exactly like the other guy they despise.

Both parties need to compromise to improve America. I have seen Obama compromise, I haven't seen Congress compromise!

The abortion issue was settled 40 years ago. Why do they keep fighting a losing battle?

What's that saying about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome?

No schit Chef, Tom and Doc. I did it on purpose!

Once again to you conservatives , thanks for proving my point. You can and (I'm pretty sure) have shown smug Obama pics, and now you're getting pissy when I do it!!! again

Do you have one of Obama throwing the finger?

Do you're saying that Ryan is anywhere near the narcissist Barry is?

I've said that more than a few politicans go to DC with honorable intentions, but realize that the old guard isn't interested in that. So it's either become subsumed in that culture, or get out.

You're right. Someone high on any of those things never puts anyone else in danger. :rolleyes:

Right- but they do it anyway, and we spend Billion in a futile attempt to stop it. Do our efforts yield gains, I am sure they do. But the question is a cost benefit question, do we get enough out of the drug war to justify what we put in?

Of all the problems in the country...why isn't single motherhood the #1 target of the GOP? Every single program the GOP hates has single motherhood as a root cause...somewhere in it. Even if they were cynical about it, married women vote for the GOP 2/1.

And the GOP wonders why they can't close the gender gap. Holy s*hitballs. This is a page out of Darth Vader's handbook.

Right- but they do it anyway, and we spend Billion in a futile attempt to stop it. Do our efforts yield gains, I am sure they do. But the question is a cost benefit question, do we get enough out of the drug war to justify what we put in?

Legalize it and I guarantee there will be more people on drugs more often and behind the wheel or involved in something that will put others in danger. We're fighting the war on drugs all wrong. I'm not an expert on how to fight it but I bet it can be faught in a different way that would acheive much better results. Legalizing them is just giving up.

Do you're saying that Ryan is anywhere near the narcissist Barry is?

I've said that more than a few politicans go to DC with honorable intentions, but realize that the old guard isn't interested in that. So it's either become subsumed in that culture, or get out.

It's not even the politicians; as far as I can tell it's the senior civil servants and/or the senior congressional advisers and lobbyists, The politicians really don't run the show. They might set the agenda, at a very high level, at best.

Kids deserve to have a dad.

Then pass legislation to require that kids without dads get dads from kids that have them. It falls under the federal government's powers to regulate interstate commerce, I'm sure...

How would that help us?

Q. Were do the subsidies come from?

A. Taxes

Q. what do you do if you don't give out subsidies?

A. Lower taxes

Q. What happens when you lower taxes.

A. companies reinvest (hire people, buy equipment)