What's wrong with the GOP?

Mitt being their talking of aid when Ryans budget SLASHRES Disaster funding being a hypocrite means nothing to you?

is this stupidity meant to drive intelligent people away?

and you wonder why people make fun of Republican and Conservatives.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitt being their talking of aid being when Ryans budget SLASHRES Disaster funding being a hypocrite means nothing to you?

WTF are you trying to say and in what language?

If stupidity drove intelligent people away, nobody would read your posts

Mitt being their talking of aid being when Ryans budget SLASHRES Disaster funding being a hypocrite means nothing to you?

I assume that was in response to me. If it was the only hypocrite here is you for giving people **** for bagging on Obama as you do the same to Romney. It's pathetic actually.

How much was allocated to disaster relief, what is the right amount, & does his plan preclude the government from allocating additional funds if necessary?

The speech that should have been seen by most TV viewers of the RNC 2012 convention — but which most of the viewers at home did not see — was the little noticed yet important testimony of Jane Edmonds, Mitt Romney’s Secretary of the Workforce when he was Governor of Massachusetts. Coming before Clint Eastwood, Marco Rubio and Romney himself, it is not surprising that it was missed. But if you flipped channels, most networks — regrettably, even including Fox News — decided instead to give its viewers the wisdom of its panel of pundits.

Edmonds, viewers at home would have found, is an African-American woman, who proudly called herself a “liberal Democrat.” In a strong and firm voice, Edmonds told the delegates and those who did watch her speech, that the Romney she got to know well when he was Governor was a supporter of women, appointing them to high positions in his administration. Moreover, she noted that Romney was a bold, strong administrator, who worked hard on behalf of the people he represented.

“The late Stephen Covey,” Edmonds said, “writes about 2 kinds of people: one type is all about themselves and their success. The other type works as hard as they can — and certainly succeeds, but their success is motivated by doing good for others. That’s how I see Governor Romney. He is authentic.”

Her very presence as a supporter of Romney for President indicated that even a self-proclaimed liberal who is also an African-American and a woman can unashamedly and publicly give her support to Romney’s campaign, undercuts the Democratic narrative in one fell swoop.

http://pjmedia.com/r...ay-have-missed/

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcqPVEYKQEk&feature=player_embedded

Edited by B-Man

but you do respond to my "stuidity", so what does than mean.

try to enjoy your day I know you won't because you have to support a guy, just like the guy you despise

Wow dude. I come here hungover to stir the pot for giggles.

You on the other hand are still drunk with the Kool-Aid®

You're going to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how to stick it to people who don't belong to The People's Party.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day watching College Football. I'll check back periodically for a laugh

But thanks for your wishes that I enjoy the rest of my day. I don't know how much I'll be able to enjoy it. I'm a Penn St fan, this is going to be a rough season :(

The speech that should have been seen by most TV viewers of the RNC 2012 convention — but which most of the viewers at home did not see — was the little noticed yet important testimony of Jane Edmonds, Mitt Romney’s Secretary of the Workforce when he was Governor of Massachusetts. Coming before Clint Eastwood, Marco Rubio and Romney himself, it is not surprising that it was missed. But if you flipped channels, most networks — regrettably, even including Fox News — decided instead to give its viewers the wisdom of its panel of pundits.

Edmonds, viewers at home would have found, is an African-American woman, who proudly called herself a “liberal Democrat.” In a strong and firm voice, Edmonds told the delegates and those who did watch her speech, that the Romney she got to know well when he was Governor was a supporter of women, appointing them to high positions in his administration. Moreover, she noted that Romney was a bold, strong administrator, who worked hard on behalf of the people he represented.

“The late Stephen Covey,” Edmonds said, “writes about 2 kinds of people: one type is all about themselves and their success. The other type works as hard as they can — and certainly succeeds, but their success is motivated by doing good for others. That’s how I see Governor Romney. He is authentic.”

Her very presence as a supporter of Romney for President indicated that even a self-proclaimed liberal who is also an African-American and a woman can unashamedly and publicly give her support to Romney’s campaign, undercuts the Democratic narrative in one fell swoop.

http://pjmedia.com/r...ay-have-missed/

I was listening to NPR about this segment and never got to see it on tv .

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcqPVEYKQEk&feature=player_embedded

Was I the only one who found Clint's speech funny?

No you are not. I did not see it live, because I was traveling. I read about it and the "criticism" first and thought it must have been pretty bad. I then watched it on youtube. The fact of the matter is that it was both funny and brilliant. Everyone is talking about it. The critics are the ones that are unhinged. In just about 12 minutes Clint skewered the president in a way very few really could - both visually and in his speech. I loved the way he used the empty chair as a prop and used Bill Clinton's word "sterling" to describe Romney's business career. In the reviews that I have read, I have not seen that anyone picked up on the fact that "sterling" is Clinton's word (or they did not want to admit that Clint purposely used Clinton's word) .

The people in the hall seemed to love the speech and the line "we gotta let him go" when someone does not do the job will resonate around the country. In the end, it is not about race, it is about performance. I think people around the country got it and will not let the media tell them what they should think about the speech. As Clint contrasted in his speech, people were crying with joy when Obama became president, and now that there are so many people out of work, people are crying for different reasons. As it turns out, notwithstanding all of the over the top coverage and euphoria about him four years ago, President Obama does not walk on water.

The effect of the speech is revealed by the over the top response that the "critics" (and who they are) have hurled at Clint. Even President Obama proved that he was sensitive to the speech in tweeting his response.

I have a confession to make. I have my concerns about Romney's foreign policy. I do not venture on PPP very often, but I have mentioned in the past here that I am a paleo conservative/Milton Friedman/Ronald Reagan Republican. The party seems to be dominated by others including neoconservatives. Frankly, I was not thrilled with Bush's performance as president either. He had the opportunity to be a successful president and allowed himself to get sidetracked in Iraq. That is the subject of so many other threads.