Chan Gailey won't rule out keeping 4 quarterbacks

HOUSE

Smith?? haha. No, really--4 QBs?

I understand you have great difficulty with reading comprehension, logic, reality, and math, as well as are never more upbeat than, say, Sylvia Plath was the day her dog died from cancer, but if he's playing the position, wearing the number, listed on the depth chart, and both the coach and GM, as late as today, both say he is playing QB, he is a QB. You don't have to like it, or think he is any good at it. It's a mathematical fact.

Maybe look at it this way, if you cannot get to 4. They started with 4, added 1, then took away 1. How many is that?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's saying that until after the final pre-season game. Thigpen will be cut, make no mistake about that. Chan doesn't want to show his hand in case someone gets hurt in that last game and he has to keep Thigpen. Unless that happens, he is history.

I am thinking Thigpen will get released later, once Jackson has a little time to learn the offense. Or, until an injury at another position takes precedence. Just supposing, Fitz goes down week one...Jackson just got here...Thigpen may not be great, but he knows the offense.

It will be interesting to see how much, if any, playing time Thigpen gets on Thursday night.

First you come out with 250 million cents we have pay Thigpen. Now this whole 4+1-1 thing. Man, Kelly, you are bringin' the math today. You are

ABACUS MAN!

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I understand you have great difficulty with reading comprehension, logic, reality, and math, as well as are never more upbeat than, say, Sylvia Plath was the day her dog died from cancer, but if he's playing the position, wearing the number, listed on the depth chart, and both the coach and GM, as late as today, both say he is playing QB, he is a QB. You don't have to like it, or think he is any good at it. It's a mathematical fact.

Maybe look at it this way, if you cannot get to 4. They started with 4, added 1, then took away 1. How many is that?

Re: comprehension, I was being a bit facetious regarding the QB'ing skills of Brad Smith. I thought that was obvious because I set it up with my previous post (to see if someone would respond with "Brad Smith"--and you jumped in with both feet!). I guess I'm guilty of "noodling" and I landed one of the bigger script readers here! And I'm sorry to hear about Sylvia Plath's dog--did you get that via twitter or a Plath facebook page?

Re: "logic", I suppose if Smith and Moorman switched numbers and Gailey called him a QB...he would BE a QB! Hell, he might as well be--his passing stats are equivalent to Smith's at this point in their careers.

The way I see this playing out.....

Thigpen will play the way he has been playing....which willl justify his cut on Friday......

If something should happen.....he willl still be out there, but I would bet my bottom dollar Chan would rather go with TJ at that point

If keeping a 4th QB meant getting rid of a luxery spot like having Potter....no friggen way......go with Fitz, TJ, and Brad Smith