Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

13 going on 14 pages of posts, most negative, is all you need to know.

Count up how many are about the starting QB, will ya? Then count up how many are people trying to explain to people such as yourself that this thread is about the backup QB, not the starter.

There's a Fitz thread further down the page, feel free to voice your opinion there.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Count up how many are about the starting QB, will ya? Then count up how many are people trying to explain to people such as yourself that this thread is about the backup QB, not the starter.

There's a Fitz thread further down the page, feel free to voice your opinion there.

This thread is about our WR issues. Please stay on topic.

13 going on 14 pages of posts, most negative, is all you need to know.

There's only a select few idiots in the thread, and those are the Disciples of Young that are now butt-hurt that they were wrong about him, and are venting like children.

Edited by QCity

Is this guy any good? Who has he played for?

This site is so sad sometimes....really you want to know who has he played for so you post? How about reading an article if you don't know....he has better record than Fitz and probably better overall qb rating...he has always been jerked around benched for favre...he kicked our ass after moats took favre out... He isn't a Manning but dropoff from Fitz is not much...and argument could be made he is better

13 pages of posts on this topic.

If we had a decent starting QB this topic would have produced only one page of posts.

You must be a "young-in".

I can still remember people complaining and bitching about wanting Frank Reich being the starter over Jim Kelly. And that was back in 1990 after Kelly had been on the team for few years.

So, if you think having a "decent" (in your opinion) starting QB would only limit this thread to one page, you are just fooling yourself.

I agree that you cannot criticize this move.

What you can criticize is the inaction during the off season. Was there no option other than Young? Was there no QB worthy of a pick in this year's draft? That people should feel free to criticize. Getting Jackson...meh, but I'm happier with him over the 2 options the Bills had.

Yep I will agree. Thigpen was/is clearly not the answer. He was 3rd string on the dolphins! Just because he had 1/2 of a good year with Chan (sound familiar?) everyone was happy he was signed. Young was a great move imo even if it isn't working out as it was actual effort. I wish they had taken a flier on Dennis Dixon as he has been intriguing to many (myself included) since he had a great last year in college before blowing his knee out. I like this move. It isn't desperation as much as necessity. On top of that they got him for a song. I don't care how much his salary is the Bills are sitting pretty right now in that regard.

13 pages of posts on this topic.

If we had a decent starting QB this topic would have produced only one page of posts.

The PANIC here isn't about the Bills backup QBs. It's about ALL of the QBs on this team and how none of them are any good!

Hate to say this but I agree 100%. Even the wait and see Fitz homers have to be a little apprehensive. Other than his 1/2 a season last year he has done little to give confidence to the fan base/organization. I understand why people still back him and have hope for him but mine is waning. He just doesn't seem to have the necessary skills. The brain? most definitely. The moxie? sure. The accuracy, arm strength? not to sure about that. The decision making? really not sure about that.

Fitz has never had the flash/continued success that even a vy has had in this league. I feel strongly the Bills will be all in on a first round qb next year. Good thing there appears to be a lot of depth in the draft!

Doesn't it strike anyone else as odd that Chan Gailey couldn't get. Trent Edwards- Brian Brohm- Levi Brown- Tyler Thigpen- Brad Smith- Vince Young to flourish in his system. All round pegs being forced into square holes.Thigen has got to be the biggest enigma of the bunch as he played almost full year under Gailey back in 08 when Gailey was the OC for the Chiefs.

No it doesn't strike me as odd at all, because no other NFL team has been able to do anything with those guys either!!! Have you considered that all those guys are crap?

I can still remember people complaining and bitching about wanting Frank Reich being the starter over Jim Kelly. And that was back in 1990 after Kelly had been on the team for few years.

So, if you think having a "decent" (in your opinion) starting QB would only limit this thread to one page, you are just fooling yourself.

Too bad TBD didn't exist back then. Folks who worship Kelly would be shocked how often callers to sports shows wanted him benched for Reich. Same as it ever was.

PTR

I remember when people were screaming to start Todd Collins over Kelly towards the end of Kelly's career. Bills fans aren't always the sharpest tools in the shed but many of them are definitely tools!

What you can criticize is the inaction during the off season. Was there no option other than Young? Was there no QB worthy of a pick in this year's draft? That people should feel free to criticize. Getting Jackson...meh, but I'm happier with him over the 2 options the Bills had.

Yer right, the Bills should have the best roster in the league by now, They have had years to acquire, not only starters, but backups that could be starters for any other team! Other teams do it! Why didn't they acquire Byron Leftnutwich when he was out of a job? He is awesome, and I know that Steeler fans rest secure knowing that if Big Ben goes down, they have Leftnutwich so there will be barely a drop off. That's how you do it baby, with Byron Leftnutwich. The Bills should be ashamed to try and improve the team at this point.

It works?

I'll say it again so you can hear me. There is a thread devoted to Fitz further down the page or at the top of page 2. Use it.

If your beef is with Gailey start a thread about Gailey.

If your beef is with Nix start a thread about Nix.

Yer right, the Bills should have the best roster in the league by now, They have had years to acquire, not only starters, but backups that could be starters for any other team! Other teams do it! Why didn't they acquire Byron Leftnutwich when he was out of a job? He is awesome, and I know that Steeler fans rest secure knowing that if Big Ben goes down, they have Leftnutwich so there will be barely a drop off. That's how you do it baby, with Byron Leftnutwich. The Bills should be ashamed to try and improve the team at this point.

You are correct. There is only one way to get a QB and Young was the best QB available this off season. Thigpen was the best QB available last off season. Also, try reading the first sentence that I wrote. I'll type it again for you:

Meanwhile, back to Jackson.

You are correct. There is only one way to get a QB and Young was the best QB available this off season. Thigpen was the best QB available last off season. Also, try reading the first sentence that I wrote. I'll type it again for you:

Meanwhile, back to Jackson.

Everyone knows that the first step out of the NFL cellar is finding a solid backup QB. The Bills gotta get their priorities straight!

if the titans can get to a superbowl with mcnair, then the bills can with tavaris if fitz goes down... hes an incredible athlete with a much more cerebral approach... great pickup!

Are you kidding me? McNair was a consistently top-5 QB with a rocket arm and insane athleticism. Jackson's best season is on par with some of McNair's worst.

I think the Jackson pickup isn't terrible and he'll be an OK backup, but Jackson profiles much more like Rex Grossman, Vince Young at best, Tyler Thigpen or Losman at worst.

http://forums.twobil...needs-coaching/

I guess we're zeroing in on the conclusion of these summer debates...

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya.

Both Chan and Wanny hated Vince Young, and are deliberately trying to "sabotagey" his career.

Don't believe any of those reports about Vince not picking up the offense.

Those were started by Chan and his buddy in the media, Jerry Sullivan (who also hates Vince Young).

Vince not picking up the offense is news to Vince.

VY has already mastered Chan's offense, and Chan's jealous because VY only needed a week to do so.

It also doesn't help that Chan and Wanny were college head coaches back in 2005-2006.

They both know if they had to face VY, VY would have destroyed their teams.

Just wait for the "news" to come out where VY was picked up by the Orchard Park PD for littering.

Chan has a bunch of friends on the OPPD.

VY does not litter, and there are no videos showing him littering.

Personally, I would have prefered to see them try and get McCoy first from the Browns, but I'm not disapointed seeing them going after jackson for a late draft pick (plus the holding point right now is trying to renegotiate his deal to get it lower then the $4mil owed. But what do I know, I just watch the games on tv and re articles and watch highlights. I would have liked to have seen them give T. Smith (the former Ravens QB and Heisman winner) a shot too before

As for the complaints about not drafting someone or not finding anyone better this offseason or last year, The brought in Thigpen because he had previous experience running Chans offence and the hope was, with a shortened offseason, that he could pick up where they left off in KC and be able to step in with experience in Chans system. That seems to have not worked out, so this offseason the plan was to make him compete for the job and they brought in a former #3 overall pick with all the athletic ability to succeed. It appears that he is not a fit for this offence and has struggled with running it, so now, instead of trying to make do with either of the failed experiments, they make a deal to bring in someone the coach has liked and has been decent in his experiences as a starter in the league.