espn trade question

nuklz2594

Why would either team do it? With the awful Gabbert, the entire Jags crappy offense IS MJD--he carried 343 times last year!

The Jets brought in Tebow because they are worried about Snachez. Why would they trade him away to swap RBs? Greene had over 1000 last year. He'll have more if they run him more--he had almost 100 fewer carries than MJD last year.

MJD is gonna fetch a lot more than that. Shahid Khan is not messing around with MJD, as he shouldn't. Petulant millionaires meet their match when they come up against powerful billionaires. If he gets traded, they are gonna get more than Tebow and a bag of peanuts called Shonn Greene. I would say a second rounder and a current 2nd tier starting RB would get it done.

It works out for both cities.

The jets would get a very good RB with an attitude similar to the rest of the team and should fit right into the ME Lockerroom they have

The Jags get a "local" kid who can help them maybe one day remove the tarps from the upper deck and for atleast one season have the media stop thinking of new names for them when tehy move to LA plus they get a RB to replace MJD on the roster.

I don't know if the Jets would do it though, they spent alot of time this offseason working on Tebows Wildcat offence. I would see the Jags more likely to do it though to get Tebow and get rid of a malcontent but I would assume they may want a pick or 2 also in the deal

It works out for both cities.

The jets would get a very good RB with an attitude similar to the rest of the team and should fit right into the ME Lockerroom they have

The Jags get a "local" kid who can help them maybe one day remove the tarps from the upper deck and for atleast one season have the media stop thinking of new names for them when tehy move to LA plus they get a RB to replace MJD on the roster.

I don't know if the Jets would do it though, they spent alot of time this offseason working on Tebows Wildcat offence. I would see the Jags more likely to do it though to get Tebow and get rid of a malcontent but I would assume they may want a pick or 2 also in the deal

What's changed in the past couple months to suddenly make the Jags desire Tebow?

The Jets front office have already tweeted that they talked to Jacksonville about MJD but that the combination of what MJD would want in a new deal, along with what the Jaguars wanted in terms of players was far greater than they would consider.