Lee Evans released

silvermike

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that Lee was never great and lost a step, but I still can't believe he's dropped so far as to be essentially not a roster player in the NFL any more.

Once a vet falls out of the starting lineup, he's more or less done. Spots 3-6 are almost 100% rising talents or special teamers.

The Jags receiving corps is pretty interesting but limited: Justin Blackmon, Laurent Robinson, Mike Thomas and Brian Robiskie but beyond that are only rookies and special teamers-- of course, there's also Marcedes Lewis at TE. It may not matter who's catching the ball considering they're entering Year 2 of the Blaine Gabbert Era.

Wait ... a veteran wide receiver is on the market? GET ER DONE BUDDY ... this guy just needs the right team ...

Seriously, I was an Evans fan but thought Buddy got a great deal for the 4th round pick!

It's tough to get old in the NFL ...

The Jags receiving corps is pretty interesting but limited: Justin Blackmon, Laurent Robinson, Mike Thomas and Brian Robiskie but beyond that are only rookies and special teamers-- of course, there's also Marcedes Lewis at TE. It may not matter who's catching the ball considering they're entering Year 2 of the Blaine Gabbert Era.

The best part of this is that you indicated that in the Blaine Gabbert era someone would be catching something. That guy looked absolutely lost last year. You could have thrown a LB behind center in Jax last year and he might have stood a better chance.

The best part of this is that you indicated that in the Blaine Gabbert era someone would be catching something. That guy looked absolutely lost last year. You could have thrown a LB behind center in Jax last year and he might have stood a better chance.

I was being far too generous by implying the receivers would actually be catching passes. At the very least I should've added an asterisk!

Carolina is in the same shape we are. A #1 and nothing else. Just a possibility and even though they are young they are definately in a position to win their division with a little bit of help.

Oh, and Rob - you weren't the only one. I saw no reason why we could not keep him (of course thinking like Madden - redoing his contract, etc).

Edited by jboyst62

I guess trading him for a 4th round pick (which many thought wasnt enough) doesnt look so bad anymore.....a very new england like move if you ask me......

How do you mean? New England has been getting the raw end of their last several moves.

I guess trading him for a 4th round pick (which many thought wasnt enough) doesnt look so bad anymore.....a very new england like move if you ask me......

Maybe, but only if we had gotten a first rounder for him.