My notes as I watched Cordy Glenn in last nights game

Cordy Glenn

First series. Cordy Glenn did not get beaten one time. One one set of downs where Fitzpatrick was sacked Glenn rode his man around Fitzpatrick but the QB held onto the ball and protection broke down around him and was sacked. On the third down play Glenn beat his assignment but the skins sent an extra defender and Glenn had to make a decision on which one to take. The one that Glenn didn’t take got a shot on Fitpatrick and the ball was incomplete on 3rd down.

2nd Series

Glenn once again did not get beaten in this set of downs….it should be noted that Fitz was NOT hanging onto the ball but Glenn’s assignment did not get past him which included a delayed blitz by London Fletcher which Cordy very nicely stayed at home on even though he was in space for a few seconds waiting. This should have been a touchdown series were it not for a very stupid alignment penalty.

3rd Series

Note: On the first down it looked like Cordy got turned sideways by the DE…..but maintained his balance and kept himself between the defender and Fitz. Did not get beat.

Glenn did not get beat on this series…..this is despite Orakpo trying to play with him moving around and not getting a stance…..also attempted a stunt which was picked up the the O line.

4th Series

On the first down Glenn gets beat outside…..first legit getting beat of the game for Glenn….Glenn uses his arm length to keep the defender away from Fitz despite being beat….the defender trys to knock the ball out of Fitz hand from behind as he is trying to pass but misses.

2nd down….gets called for the false start

5th Series

We are starting to seriously get into backup players but Glenn stays in the game…..finally some running plays (speaking of which…..not one run play with the starters and anyone who knows anything about O line play will tell you that you NEED to run the football for the offensive linemen….it gives them a chance to pound on the defense rather then take a pounding and always being in “defend” mode…..gotta do it it Chan.

On the 2nd down of the series the whistle is blown dead and Glenn relaxes…..had it been a live play a defender would have beaten Glenn to the inside and killed the QB. Other then that did not get beat on the series.

I am going to break this off at this point because its not really fair to evaluate Cordy Glenn without having Levitre next to him……having Asper there isn’t really fair atthat point. Basically…..I saw him get beat one time (which did not result in a negative play….and he took 1 play off due to a blown whistle that did not result in a negative play. Besides those 2 plays he held his assignments.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same, that for his first game in the league, even if it was preseason, he was with the first team, Glenn looked pretty good. Seemed like the other side of the line was getting beaten alot more often the the left side.

I have to agree, I was kinda watching Glenn and for the most part, especially since it was his first game, even if it was preseason he was with the first team, he looked pretty good. I thought the right side of the line got beaten much more often then the left side did.

I also really appreciated your detailed insights and descriprions of one players actions!

Many thanks.

I wonder whether we on TSW might try to organize this approach as a means for covering the whole team.

My sense is that the set-up might be to ask folks to sign up to watch a specific player and the organizing effort would be to make sure on a game which is broadcast to make sure that at least every player was covered.

It would be fine (and actually quite desirable IMHO) to have multiple folks sign up for the same player (as long as all the players were covered) as observers views of actual play can be quite colored by the suppositions they brought into the game.

If SDS or one of the administrators were nice enough to take this on as a organising task and the sign up list was pinned to facilitate folks signing up, this might be a real addition to player analysis during pre-season.

I am sure folks are quite busy though so I more than understand if organizing this approach is not taken on. I for one would be happy to take an assignment (actually, one person might take as many as 3 assignments as they watch one particular Bill on the defense, 1 particular Bill on our offense and 1 particular Bill on ST plays.

At any rate I really appreciate the breakdown John from H provided on Glenn's play in this game!

That is great news; I did not watch the first half closely as I had iPad app issues.

I had issues with Preseason Live. I used iPad and Apple Tv, for most of the first half it kept buffering and the voice was 30 seconds ahead of the picture. I'm I the only one that had this problem?

I had issues with Preseason Live. I used iPad and Apple Tv, for most of the first half it kept buffering and the voice was 30 seconds ahead of the picture. I'm I the only one that had this problem?

No -- see the Preseason Live thread. First half had major issues, but 2nd half was cleaned up significantly. I also used iPad/Airplay combo and the 2nd half was flawless.

I also really appreciated your detailed insights and descriprions of one players actions!

Many thanks.

I wonder whether we on TSW might try to organize this approach as a means for covering the whole team.

My sense is that the set-up might be to ask folks to sign up to watch a specific player and the organizing effort would be to make sure on a game which is broadcast to make sure that at least every player was covered.

It would be fine (and actually quite desirable IMHO) to have multiple folks sign up for the same player (as long as all the players were covered) as observers views of actual play can be quite colored by the suppositions they brought into the game.

If SDS or one of the administrators were nice enough to take this on as a organising task and the sign up list was pinned to facilitate folks signing up, this might be a real addition to player analysis during pre-season.

I am sure folks are quite busy though so I more than understand if organizing this approach is not taken on. I for one would be happy to take an assignment (actually, one person might take as many as 3 assignments as they watch one particular Bill on the defense, 1 particular Bill on our offense and 1 particular Bill on ST plays.

At any rate I really appreciate the breakdown John from H provided on Glenn's play in this game!

great idea dude I'll take one too

I might of missed a play or 2 .. Watched him 3 times over last night, and critiqued the play by play quick this morning

HE LOOKS SOLID !!!!

1. Pushes man outside never touches Fitz. Fitz Coverage sack

2. Bullrush, Glenn stonewalls

3. Blitz, Not Glenn man, Glenn handles his man with no problems

4. No real challenge here no problem handling his man

5. Blitz form the outside. Spiller picks it up a bit late. Glenn handles his man. Jones catch, penalty on Chandler

6. Stevie TD, penalty illegal procedure Spiller…. Glenn Goes inside to block, DL runs a stunt, or a LB tries to come on the outside, Glenn moves off his man and picks up the guy coming on the outside TEXT BOOK !!!!

7. Glenn handles his block with ease.. FG unit comes on

8. Glenn handles his block with ease

9. Sweet Chandler Catch. Glenn again handles his man with ease

10. Completion to Stevie. Glenn handles his man with ease again

11. No issues here. Glenn stacks his man and sticks with him

12. Bull rusher.. Backs him up some but he hold on Fitz bomb to Hagan down the sideline overthrown

13. Not challenged on this play… Doesn’t bite on the DE move inside. Inc to SJ

14. Edge rusher gets a step but Glenn pushes him away and Fitz delivers the ball without being touched. INC.

15. False Start #77 Cordy Glenn

16. Helps out inside. Fitz com to Chandler short gain

17. Wa brings an extra rusher on outside. Glenn picks it up. Illegal use of hands not called on Wa

18. Thigpen in. 1st run play of night. Glenn moves his guy back 2 yds

19. False start #38 McIntyre

20. False Start #63 Asper

21. Edge rush, gets step on Glenn. Glenn pushes him to the ground

22. False Start #11 TJ Graham

23. Edge rush Glenn is all over it.

24. Run play right. Glenn seals off his man on the left

25. Run play. Glenn moves his man back 3 yds

26. Not really challenged. Seals off his man. Thigpen INC… Illegal use of hands on Wa against Clowney not called

27. Hairston in

oops didn't see this thread.. Good merge

Edited by ddaryl

Ok so lets see, Nix DRAFTS really good players. too bad he didn't DRAFT his own QB, we might actually be on the road to a SB if he did. BTW I am really pleased at Glenn's performance last night. Yes he will struggle he is a rookie, but I think the kid is going to be a damn good one.

On some plays. Orakpo moved around a bunch and Glenn dealt with numerous defenders thorughout the night

Thanks. Couldn't really tell. Seemed like he held-up well against whoever he faced, and except for the false start, had a good night. I was more disappointed with Urbik.

Ok so lets see, Nix DRAFTS really good players. too bad he didn't DRAFT his own QB, we might actually be on the road to a SB if he did. BTW I am really pleased at Glenn's performance last night. Yes he will struggle he is a rookie, but I think the kid is going to be a damn good one.

that is all good, but when did we have a shot at a QB that would be capable of surplanting Fitz ??

DO we trade away multiple picks and not have Dareus or Gilmore among others ??

No FA QB out there that would be better..

IMO when the opportunity to grab a QB that NIx is real confidnet about, or has great value and can be groomed becomes available to us he will jump all over it

Cordy Glenn

First series. Cordy Glenn did not get beaten one time. One one set of downs where Fitzpatrick was sacked Glenn rode his man around Fitzpatrick but the QB held onto the ball and protection broke down around him and was sacked. On the third down play Glenn beat his assignment but the skins sent an extra defender and Glenn had to make a decision on which one to take. The one that Glenn didn’t take got a shot on Fitpatrick and the ball was incomplete on 3rd down.

2nd Series

Glenn once again did not get beaten in this set of downs….it should be noted that Fitz was NOT hanging onto the ball but Glenn’s assignment did not get past him which included a delayed blitz by London Fletcher which Cordy very nicely stayed at home on even though he was in space for a few seconds waiting. This should have been a touchdown series were it not for a very stupid alignment penalty.

3rd Series

Note: On the first down it looked like Cordy got turned sideways by the DE…..but maintained his balance and kept himself between the defender and Fitz. Did not get beat.

Glenn did not get beat on this series…..this is despite Orakpo trying to play with him moving around and not getting a stance…..also attempted a stunt which was picked up the the O line.

4th Series

On the first down Glenn gets beat outside…..first legit getting beat of the game for Glenn….Glenn uses his arm length to keep the defender away from Fitz despite being beat….the defender trys to knock the ball out of Fitz hand from behind as he is trying to pass but misses.

2nd down….gets called for the false start

5th Series

We are starting to seriously get into backup players but Glenn stays in the game…..finally some running plays (speaking of which…..not one run play with the starters and anyone who knows anything about O line play will tell you that you NEED to run the football for the offensive linemen….it gives them a chance to pound on the defense rather then take a pounding and always being in “defend” mode…..gotta do it it Chan.

On the 2nd down of the series the whistle is blown dead and Glenn relaxes…..had it been a live play a defender would have beaten Glenn to the inside and killed the QB. Other then that did not get beat on the series.

I am going to break this off at this point because its not really fair to evaluate Cordy Glenn without having Levitre next to him……having Asper there isn’t really fair atthat point. Basically…..I saw him get beat one time (which did not result in a negative play….and he took 1 play off due to a blown whistle that did not result in a negative play. Besides those 2 plays he held his assignments.

Thanks, John. Over the years I've grown to value your opinion on OL play as it comes from an informed perspective. I didn't have a chance to see Glenn last night other than a couple plays but I'm not surprised he got better as the game wore on. That's been his trajectory since Georgia stuck him at LT for the first time in his career last year. He was shaky to start and then settled in and played his best ball against the best competition as the year progressed. Culminating in a dominating performance against LSU. I like how Chan and Co. threw both Ts at the wolves last night by opening in an empty backfield and fast no-huddle pace. They're gonna be better for it.

GO BILLS!!!