My notes as I watched Cordy Glenn in last nights game

Agreed.....people are making stuff up or just seeing what they want to see.

I guess unless Cordy totally dominates someone then he didnt do a good job......guys.....THIS IS WHY YOU DRAFT AN OT WITH INCREDIBLE ARM LENGTH.......because even if the DE has good position they still are in NO position to touch the QB........

The pocket for Fitz was small....he didnt have tons of room......that much I will admit.....at no time did Orakpo EVER push Cordy back into Fitz in the series of downs I took notes on. On the first play of the drive the pocket broke down because defense went around then came up backside and Fitz had not yet released the ball.....

There was two plays I saw Cordy get beat......one was on a dead whistle.....maybe the interpretation "getting beat" is what is causing the problem here?

My definition of not getting beat is the DE does not touch the QB till after the ball is out.....period

John,

Last night I broke down all of the snaps Fitz took because the knuckleheads on the BB.com site apparently can't understand what they're looking at. One thing I noticed during those snaps was that the pocket looked like it was collapsing on several occaisons but I think a lot of times it was actually the view. There were several passes where I thought "How did Fitz get that ball off" because it appeared that the DT's were right on top of him. When they went to the view from behind him their was actually an arms length or more between him and the nearest defender. It may not have been Tom Brady room but it was enough to complete a pass.

I do wonder why our OL seems to surrender so much ground on pass protections. I realize they aren't trying to stonewall the DL but in some cases it looks like they're conceeding 5 yards across the line. As a former OL, can you help me understand that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we watched different games because I just watched the first half for the 3rd time and Glenn did an excellent job on Orakpo. Twice did Orakpo completely sell out on an outside rush and both times Glenn used his long arms to push him past the pocket.

Pears' injury has kind of cleared the way for Glenn to win the LT job over Hairston. The coaching staff wants the rookie Glenn to concentrate on one spot only and while saying that Hairston is competing for the LT job, has somewhat earmarked Hairston for swing tackle duty as well. My observation is that Glenn has much better feet than does Hairston. Hairston still looks to have a hard time sinking his hips… watch him in his two-point stance… he's still a "waist bender." Glenn sits down in his stance much more easily.

What down are you talking about? The only play in which Orakpo even got close was first down when he looped outside, was pushed by the pocket, and Fitz stepped up to throw but Kerrigan pushed Rhinehart back into Fitz' face.

Orakpo NEVER had a "clean shot" at Fitz. Not once.

That's the game that I saw, and saw, and saw again. Thank you NFL Preseason Live!

John,

Last night I broke down all of the snaps Fitz took because the knuckleheads on the BB.com site apparently can't understand what they're looking at. One thing I noticed during those snaps was that the pocket looked like it was collapsing on several occaisons but I think a lot of times it was actually the view. There were several passes where I thought "How did Fitz get that ball off" because it appeared that the DT's were right on top of him. When they went to the view from behind him their was actually an arms length or more between him and the nearest defender. It may not have been Tom Brady room but it was enough to complete a pass.

I do wonder why our OL seems to surrender so much ground on pass protections. I realize they aren't trying to stonewall the DL but in some cases it looks like they're conceeding 5 yards across the line. As a former OL, can you help me understand that.

Not to answer for John, whose OL breakdown has been awesome and who knows way more about it than I do, but I believe that we are seeing a much softer interior due to Eric Wood being out.

It should also be pointed out that on the first series, not only did we go 5-wide every play with no OL help, but the Skins also RUSHED 5 every play. I'd say the fact that there was never a clean, untouched shot at Fitz was a victory enough. Everyone made the right assignment, and no one slipped through.

Can't wait to have Wood back, but we probably wont see him much until Week 1.

Edited by DrDareustein

The pocket for Fitz was small....he didnt have tons of room......that much I will admit.....at no time did Orakpo EVER push Cordy back into Fitz in the series of downs I took notes on.

I watched the Bills' O-Line too, John, and I agree.

The only guy that was getting bullrushed back into Fitz was Rinehardt.

Not to answer for John, whose OL breakdown has been awesome and who knows way more about it than I do, but I believe the we are seeing a much softer interior due to Eric Wood being out.

It should also be pointed out that on the first series, not only did we go 5-wide every play with no OL help, but the Skins also RUSHED 5 every play. I'd say the fact that there was never a clean, untouched shot at Fitz was a victory enough. Everyone made the right assignment, and no one slipped through.

Can't wait to have Wood back, but we probably wont see him much until Week 1.

Agreed.

another vote from me for Cordy.

I watched and rewatched plays and players multiple time. my first focus was Glenn.

We are going to be fine over there. and with Andy in place the left side will become as good as it gets in time. imho