Worst Bills Team of All Time Was...

major

On the NFL Network right now they are showing the worst teams in NFL history. It got me thinking, which Bills team was the worst. I have to go with the 2001 Bills. I feel they were way worse than the teams from the late 60's or 70's. Your pick???

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the NFL Network right now they are showing the worst teams in NFL history. It got me thinking, which Bills team was the worst. I have to go with the 2001 Bills. I feel they were way worse than the teams from the late 60's or 70's. Your pick???

Hey, Alex Van Pelt outdueled Chris Weinke AND Vinny Testaverde that year.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

The 1984 or '85 teams (2-14) were probably the worst I saw. I was too young to remember the 1968 season (1-12-1). I will give a shout out to your 2001 pick though simply because I can't stand Greggggggg Williams.

Had it not been for Van Pelt, that 2001 team would have been materially worse. I have to go with the 85 Bills. You can't beat the Ferragamo/Mathison Combo - could be one of the worst QB displays as a team of all time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/1985.htm

The 85 team was worst IMO. Just pitiful. Both the 68 and 85 teams, if you can call them that, had a bunch of pretty decent players on them, but all at the wrong time of their careers, compounded by deplorable coaching.

The 1984 or '85 teams (2-14) were probably the worst I saw. I was too young to remember the 1968 season (1-12-1). I will give a shout out to your 2001 pick though simply because I can't stand Greggggggg Williams.

I will go with the 1968 thru 1985 Bills - OK Gainey?

:sick:

Had to be 1971. Out scored in a 14 game season by over 200 points. Shut out by the Colts in two games combined 67-0. Winning one late game in the Rockpile in front of a pitiful 27,000 fans.

Only thing good about 1971 was the draft. J.D.Hill, Jim Braxton,Donnie Green, Bobby Chandler

I tend to think about teams in terms of coaches. And I'm just old enough to remember Harvey Johnson's reign. He led the Bills to an impressive 1-10 record in '68 and then we let him head-coach again in '71 when he master-minded a 1-13 season. We were truly pathetic. Those two games we won under Johnson were shocking. The players and fans expected to lose every week.

Jim Ringo - a good offensive line coach - was nearly as horrible as a head coach - earning a 3-20 record (1976-1977).

Then there was the tough-minded defensive coordinator, Hank Bullough, who came with a good resume (one of the innovators of the 3-4) but produced just 4 wins in 21 games (1985-1986).

We Bills fans have been blessed with some truly awful teams.