Travis Henry is being conditionally reinstated by the NFL

Former nfl running back travis henry is being conditionally reinstated by the nfl according to a league source with knowledge of situation.

Link:

Someone has been bills to pay? Maybe he will get a gig by mid-season thru injury. Otherwise I can't see anyone giving him much of a shot. At the Goal Line though.....he could be difficult to take down.

Edited by Cville Bills

Former nfl running back travis henry is being conditionally reinstated by the nfl according to a league source with knowledge of situation.

Link:

Someone has been bills to pay? Maybe he will get a gig by mid-season thru injury. Otherwise I can't see anyone giving him much of a shot. At the Goal Line though.....he could be difficult to take down.

yes, it is hard to take down a guy that hasnt played in 5 years.

he is a 34 year old RB, 5 years removed from the field, with just mountains of baggage.

if he gets so much as a try out, i would be utterly shocked.

As much as I abhor that kind of behavior off the field, I thought Travis Henry was one of the most underrated players in the NFL while he was in Buffalo. I think, despite his age and time out of the league, that he could still put up 100 yard games with a third of the teams in the NFL. Some people are built differently than most, tougher, more durable - Curtis Martin comes to mind - who defy age. Anyway, if he is in physical shape - and, I suppose he'd know from is years of playing whether he could still do it - I'm guessing he would play till the caps blew right off his knees with the kind of money he owes, knowing he'll never make any kind of a living outside the NFL that could set it right. That kind of motivation behind certain types of players... I'd bet he could still play at a pretty high level.

yes, it is hard to take down a guy that hasnt played in 5 years.

he is a 34 year old RB, 5 years removed from the field, with just mountains of baggage.

if he gets so much as a try out, i would be utterly shocked.

Yeah, I would be utterly shocked if he got a tryout. I hope he does cuz it would be interesting to watch, but I just dont see it. If TO, in the incredible shape he is in and only recently been out of the league, can barely get a tryout then I would say Travis Henry has a better chance of running for mayor then sniffing an NFL field again. His best bet is CFL or Arena. I mean even Tiki didnt get a tryout who is younger with less baggage.

Yeah, I would be utterly shocked if he got a tryout. I hope he does cuz it would be interesting to watch, but I just dont see it. If TO, in the incredible shape he is in and only recently been out of the league, can barely get a tryout then I would say Travis Henry has a better chance of running for mayor then sniffing an NFL field again. His best bet is CFL or Arena. I mean even Tiki didnt get a tryout who is younger with less baggage.

It's almost like the league is just !@#$ing with him. "Hey, Mr. Goodell, can I be reinstated?" "You're 35, you haven't played in five years...for God's sake, why?" "Uh...because!" "Oh, okay...Sure. This ought to be fun to watch. Coleman, you useless !@#$ing lap dog, get my popcorn ready!"