Is Troup done?

I have a feeling the Bills will wait until the last cutdown to part with any D linemen. Troup has a huge uphill battle, but he's apparently close to returning and will get a chance in the preseason. If I were setting the odds in Vegas, right now he's about a 30-1 longshot.

Soul anyone really want him to stay and cut carrington or Edwards? What if Marcel or Kyle get hurt and are out for two weeks? I wouldn't want to trust a guy who has been hurt or underperformed for three years.

That's the feeling you'd have, if he's on the roster is he able to be a starter at a pinch?

Soul anyone really want him to stay and cut carrington or Edwards? What if Marcel or Kyle get hurt and are out for two weeks? I wouldn't want to trust a guy who has been hurt or underperformed for three years.

Fact is, this is his 3rd season...he was actually pretty productive his rookie year when he played in 15 games and made 23 tackles. Last year, he had a broken hand and a bum back which held him out of all but 6 games. He's very close to 100%, so I'm with the other poster who said final cuts. The kid will get a fair shake in preseason...time will tell.

I also just saw that there are 18 guys battling for a spot on the D Line...18...that just makes for some great competition. So, call me "not worried!"

it's looking more and more like that, the Bills are just too deep at that position to take a flyer on him.

Keep in mind that Merriman, Johnson, and Edwards are all free agents after this season. Given the fact that we used a 41st pick on this guy and that he's been a failure here due to bad luck with injuries and not talent, I'm betting that the Bills give him at least one more full season.

Can the Bills afford to keep 10 DL on the roster in order to accomodate Troup? Yeah, probably.

He was projected to be a 5-7 round pick and for some reason known only to Buddy and God, he was a second round pick. I'm not knocking that intrinsically and it's not his fault where he was picked, but even for a 5-7 he hasn't done enough to stay with this team.

There are no sacred cows. Especially not this season.

Why couldn't the Bills place him on IR?

If he's not 100% by the end of preseason, I'm betting we see this happen. Allows them to keep him around another year and give him another shot.

Fact is, this is his 3rd season...he was actually pretty productive his rookie year when he played in 15 games and made 23 tackles. Last year, he had a broken hand and a bum back which held him out of all but 6 games. He's very close to 100%, so I'm with the other poster who said final cuts. The kid will get a fair shake in preseason...time will tell.

Wow - I don't remember that at all. He's had multiple seasons with back problems.

He was projected to be a 5-7 round pick and for some reason known only to Buddy and God, he was a second round pick. I'm not knocking that intrinsically and it's not his fault where he was picked, but even for a 5-7 he hasn't done enough to stay with this team.

There are no sacred cows. Especially not this season.

In fact, if he had been a 5-7th round pick, he'd have been long gone.

If he can't finish on Day 4 of camp, is he an easy cut- medical payout?

I was one of those rare fans of the pick when he was drafted but this kid has just had a lot of bad luck.

While I do not see him as an easy or early cut, I do not see him making the team and with those injuries he probably should pursue a different career (Hope he invested his signing bonus wisely.).

Great competition on the D Line but no reason to let any go early.

History of injury problems.

Has not separated himself from anyone else.

A bunch of D linemen in camp.

There is really no point to keep him. If he was great with a history of injury problems, yeah sure let's see what he can bring, but he is an average talent with injury problems. Doesn't bode well for him going forward.

the decision could depend on the other DT's... doesn't Heard have some nagging offseason thing too?

Day 3 (Saturday) practice notes

Also injured in practice was DT Kellen Heard. He re-aggravated a high ankle sprain that kept him sidelined for most of the spring practices back at One Bills Drive. Heard was injured during one-on-one pass rush drills and also went to the locker room early.

This is horrible timing for Heard.

Is he threatening for a starting job on this D? ... uh, I don't think so...

Seems like just another 2nd/3rd tier player now, fighting for a roster spot. I think people 'round here wanna see him do it so they can further praise the drafting of Nix and not admit he made a mistake. Not that injuries are within his control.

But has he learned from that draft? Yes. I'd like to enter into evidence the 2011 and 2012 drafts, your Honor.