Luke Kuechly looking good.

Luke Kuechly sounds like he is having him self a very good off-season so far. I feel very confident if we hadn't selected Gilmore and instead drafted Kuechly, we would still have our selves one heck of a football player. I am rooting for the kid. I was secretly hoping for him. Him or Gilmore. Either way, I thought it would be something interesting to bring up.

"If you look at the athleticism that we have, and I also think with Luke's stoutness and his size he really helps us on the strong side of the running game," said Rivera, who spent nine seasons playing linebacker in the NFL. "I really like what we've got going right now." Kuechly, who won the Butkus and three other major awards last season, showed off some of that athletic ability early in the first practice of the season..."

Decent stuff. The article also explains in detail some of the plays he has been making in camp.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/panthers_kuechly_ahead_of_the_curve/11328826

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already know that piece of information. You can argue our top 2 needs were CB and LB. A lot of people felt Kuechly wouldn't go that high. In return a lot of people were hoping for him. I was one of them that would not have minded Lukey Kuechly to fall to us and then for us to draft him.

Anyone here want to trade Gilmore for Kuechly now? I didn't think so.

PTR

I sure don't.

But, I do appreciate the link, DB. A lot of people argued a LB is never worth that high a pick. I want to track LK to see how he contributes, to see if he plays at pro bowl level in his first couple years after that being predicted by many. (Similarly, I'll keep my eyes on DeCastro.)

Anyone here want to trade Gilmore for Kuechly now? I didn't think so.

PTR

Dont know. Is Gilmore having a great camp because he is that good or our WR's suck that badly? We still do not have a quality #2 on this team and it is going to hurt us again this year.

Dont know. Is Gilmore having a great camp because he is that good or our WR's suck that badly? We still do not have a quality #2 on this team and it is going to hurt us again this year.

Just a little ray of sunshine around the house, aren't you?

Gilmore has mostly been covering Stevie. Stevie has a track record of success against the best corners in the league, including Revis Island. If Stevie says he's good, he's good.

Now go enjoy that half-empty glass of beer.

Just a little ray of sunshine around the house, aren't you?

Gilmore has mostly been covering Stevie. Stevie has a track record of success against the best corners in the league, including Revis Island. If Stevie says he's good, he's good.

Now go enjoy that half-empty glass of beer.

:thumbsup:

That's the only logical explanation. DOOOOOOOMED!! :w00t:

PTR

Wow, really? From all accounts I've heard he's been extremely mature and an exceptional athlete. It's the NFL, it's not like our WR's are high schoolers out there. Stevie said in an interview that he's just as good if not better than most of the corners in the league right now.

I already know that piece of information. You can argue our top 2 needs were CB and LB. A lot of people felt Kuechly wouldn't go that high. In return a lot of people were hoping for him. I was one of them that would not have minded Lukey Kuechly to fall to us and then for us to draft him.

Sooo what is your point then? Kuechly looks good in practice?

I sure don't.

But, I do appreciate the link, DB. A lot of people argued a LB is never worth that high a pick. I want to track LK to see how he contributes, to see if he plays at pro bowl level in his first couple years after that being predicted by many. (Similarly, I'll keep my eyes on DeCastro.)

Forgetting about his production or what happened while he was here there is little doubt that had SF not taken Willis just before our taking of Lynch, that Willis would have been the pick.

I agree with you Matt. I think Willis is the only exception the past few years, even though a number of early LBs have produced.

I think its way to early to pass judgement on Kuechly or Gilmore.. I bet if you asked 100 bills fans if they would trade Gilmore for Kuechly, 5 would say yes. But.. I bet if you asked 100 panthers fans if they would trade Kuechly for Gilmore, only 2 would say yes.

Every fan gets attached to their own players..