Just had to share with you guys...

As many of you know I fancy myself a writer. As much as I love it, it's a discipline fraught with rejection and frustration. Since 2007, I've been submitting various types of work to magazines, journals, festivals, etc. with no luck.

So you can imagine my excitement when not one, but TWO, of my short plays have been selected for full production in the last month. :beer:

I'll be receiving nothing but production stipends as a consultant to the director, so if you want to not qualify this as a first "professional" experience, that's fair. But damn does it feel good to finally be recognized.

EDIT: By the way, one of the plays was greatly helped by those of you who PM'd me with critiques. I can't thank you enough, really.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

Congrats! I look forward to hearing about it as it progresses along!

As many of you know I fancy myself a writer. As much as I love it, it's a discipline fraught with rejection and frustration. Since 2007, I've been submitting various types of work to magazines, journals, festivals, etc. with no luck.

So you can imagine my excitement when not one, but TWO, of my short plays have been selected for full production in the last month. :beer:

I'll be receiving nothing but production stipends as a consultant to the director, so if you want to not qualify this as a first "professional" experience, that's fair. But damn does it feel good to finally be recognized.

EDIT: By the way, one of the plays was greatly helped by those of you who PM'd me with critiques. I can't thank you enough, really.

That will be great for you to see come to production!

The director and I have known one another for a couple years, so I trust him to carry it out.

Then again, any director worth his salt thinks that stage directions are just polite suggestions by the writer, so we'll see how close the finished product is to how I envisioned it!

Just so you don't get all big headed on us remember this, you're still a putz and Tom thinks that you're an idiot of minor to moderate proportions.

Oh geeze, I wish. A short play festival in Ithaca is a few (hundred) steps away from big head territory, but it's a start.

And I wouldn't ever presume to lose my status as an idiot. :D