The Olympics Thread | London 2012

UConn James

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which app are you using?

The NBC Live Extra app.I am pretty sure everything is shown on there live.i am watching swim heats live on there now, and also have water polo game up on the other iPad. Again, not 100% sure, but 400 IM final was live on there .

Delay does not bother me one bit..I also DVR most 1 pm Bills games and watch later...not quite the same here, but close enough.

Don't confuse him with facts. The beatles,rolling stones,yard birds,cream,led zepplen,black sabbah,the who. No need to go on.

Some more;

Duran Duran, Pink Floyd, Oasis, Rainbow, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Uriah Heep, Foreigner, Genesis, Def Leopatd, The Kinks, The Police (is inventing band names beginning 'the' allowed). Sex Pistols...

Creating Metal & Punk scenes...

Wow, it's it off topic to reflect what an era that music was coming frim

The only good thing about summer olympics is that it means that the Winter Olympics is less then two years away. :thumbsup:

Oh child. You may be too young to remember when the Winter and Summer games were held in the same year. I think they made the split back around 1992.

And now NBC is faking some of the background sounds at events....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/faking-enhancing-sound-olympics-201149772--oly.html

NBC is doing a terrible job at the Olympics. Even worse is the previews for shows coming up, such as, Animal Practice? WTF? The one with the Friends dude might be ok...but that is it. Then they flubbed up with America's Got Howard on the last night putting the best people on the last show.

I like the Ellen promos.....they are entertaining.... and they include jennifer anniston...

NBC is doing a terrible job at the Olympics. Even worse is the previews for shows coming up, such as, Animal Practice? WTF? The one with the Friends dude might be ok...but that is it. Then they flubbed up with America's Got Howard on the last night putting the best people on the last show.

It is primetime and there is only synco diving on? Alright, I could watch that if I did not have 1000 more channels of better entertainment. NBC Sports, MSNBC, CNBC - none of them are showing anything and all week primetime they won't show anything. Show tapped broadcast if you have to. Didn't they show it live in China at like 3AM and reair some of the best parts of it later in Primetime? Get with it NBC.

It is primetime and there is only synco diving on? Alright, I could watch that if I did not have 1000 more channels of better entertainment. NBC Sports, MSNBC, CNBC - none of them are showing anything and all week primetime they won't show anything. Show tapped broadcast if you have to. Didn't they show it live in China at like 3AM and reair some of the best parts of it later in Primetime? Get with it NBC.

I read NBC is streaming the events live on there website, but I can't confirm it. I went there and saw no sign of that but it's right now 1.00 AM in London so no surprise.

I read NBC is streaming the events live on there website, but I can't confirm it. I went there and saw no sign of that but it's right now 1.00 AM in London so no surprise.

If they are willing to tape delay the openning ceremonies then why not tape delay sports. I'd watch about anything competitive. You have the networks, air the stuff.

Today we missed:

Judo

Equestrian

Boxing

Road Cycling

Canoe Slalom (I would like to see that)

Artistic Gymnastics

Shooting

Weightlifting

Sailing

The rest listed I caught parts of, but I want to see some of the unique things.

The only good thing about summer olympics is that it means that the Winter Olympics is less then two years away. :thumbsup:

I take you're not Greg Gumbel. I agree. Nothing in the summer Olympics to me can compare with downhill or luge. Or free style jumping.

If they are willing to tape delay the openning ceremonies then why not tape delay sports. I'd watch about anything competitive. You have the networks, air the stuff.

Today we missed:

Judo

Equestrian

Boxing

Road Cycling

Canoe Slalom (I would like to see that)

Artistic Gymnastics

Shooting

Weightlifting

Sailing

The rest listed I caught parts of, but I want to see some of the unique things.

They ignored all that for synco diving? No wonder I gave up cable.

Wow... People are funny... All the complaining... Why don't people actually go to London if that is what they want? :-P The more people get, the more they complain. Maybe watching Mark Spitz in 1972 on a 19" black and white Admiral TV wasn't so bad...

:-P

Geeze Louise...

Leave me out. I complained with my wallet years ago and dropped cable.

People have a right to complain. They are PAYING for this coverage remember? I know you don't care. It's only money, right?

Leave me out. I complained with my wallet years ago and dropped cable.

People have a right to complain. They are PAYING for this coverage remember? I know you don't care. It's only money, right?

LoL... Like taxes, people think they can micromanage every last dime... They can't. I am sorry, take a number. The noisy few just squawk to squawk. Jesus comes down on earth and they would find fault with him. Anway, they are paying for all cable.