Condi being vetted for VP?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Condi Rice wouldn't rev up everyone in the base!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/13/condoleezza-rice-vp_n_1671585.html

I got two words fer ya: "Bush bad!"

I like Rice, but you have to admit, if she were the VP candidate, that would be the record she will be associated with, so it isn't all that unfair. That is how things work. She won't be offered the job, and if she were, she wouldn't accept it.

Btw- if Romney wins in November, what is the moritorium on blaming Obama for the mess he inherits?

Yeah, it will be extraordinarily difficult to attack her competence and qualifications after her service as Secratary of State without coming across as completely misogynistic.

I can't tell if this is sacrcasim. Is this saracasim?

Edited by Buftex

I like Rice, but you have to admit, if she were the VP candidate, that would be the record she will be associated with, so it isn't all that unfair. That is how things work. She won't be offered the job, and if she were, she wouldn't accept it.

Btw- if Romney wins in November, what is the moritorium on blaming Obama for the mess he inherits?

No. It's analysis.

They also said this in that article:

"Rice is an unlikely choice for running mate, given that she strongly, unequivocally rejected the idea in a March interview on "Fox and Friends." It is possible that Romney staffers fed the rumor to Matt Drudge, with whom they have an established relationship, in order to distract the media from all the damaging controversy over Romney's involvement in decisions at Bain Capital after 1999."

http://www.huffingto..._n_1671585.html

3 years and counting by all the drivel the BO jock sniffers have foisted upon America.

You're far too trusting. There's still 2 months between the Election and the Inauguration. Plenty of time to issue Imperial Edicts Executive Orders

I'm sorry, rear view mirrors are for cars not life or business. Full steam ahead and blame no one but yourself for failures. And that's what I would expect from a successful business person like Romney.

How about the fact she'd be the first single / never married / never had children pres or VP? And the possibility many will suspect she's a lesbian, whether it's true or not? Her personal lifestyle could be a real liability. At best people will find her cold, not family oriented, not capable of relating to their problems, at worst I have to believe a huge block aren't ready for a gay person in that office

How about the fact she'd be the first single / never married / never had children pres or VP? And the possibility many will suspect she's a lesbian, whether it's true or not? Her personal lifestyle could be a real liability. At best people will find her cold, not family oriented, not capable of relating to their problems, at worst I have to believe a huge block aren't ready for a gay person in that office

James Buchanan was never married. There were several others who were single while in office. The real question is: why are you trying so hard to paint her as a lesbian? As a liberal it must be difficult to play this little faux conservative game that you try to play.