Condi being vetted for VP?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that this was just a "trial balloon" floated out (through Drudge) by the Romney campaign. I believe Sec. Rice when she says that she is not interested.

I still think that it will be Governor Susanna Martinez of New Mexico.

Wow...Condi and Mitt? That'll really rev up the base.

I'm suddenly reminded of Ned Flanders' anytime snack for sustained youth: Two slices of white bread and water on the side.

He doesn't need to rev up the base. The idea is to take votes from the other side.

gee how safe is Condi? Alan West, Rubio or how about Jan Brewer out of Arizona? She's my hero for getting in the imperial presidents face right on the tarmac.

Alan West would be my choice. Dude is as straight up as they come. Romney choosing him would cause a Scanners style cascade of Liberal head explosions the like of which we've never seen. I particularly love that he's so non-PC and would take the fight straight to the Libs. Could you imagine him debating Biden?

No way does he select Brewer though. She's waaay too rough around the edges. Actually, I don't think he has the stones to select West either though.

No way does he select Brewer though. She's waaay too rough around the edges. Actually, I don't think he has the stones to select West either though.

Brewer would be a terrible choice. While I truly appreciate her style and abilities to govern, watching her speak is absolutely painful. I like West, but I don't see that either.

Edited by LABillzFan

Brewer would be a terrible choice. While I truly appreciate her style and abilities to govern, watching her speak is absolutely painful. I like West, but I don't see that either.

Agreed WRT Brewer. Though I like her toughness, it seems to me that her cocktail hour starts quite a few hours earlier than most of ours.

Perhaps I missed the point of your post then. I never did see that "Simpsons" episode.

Flanders' formula for youthful living is two slices of white bread and water.

That's about as exciting as a Romney/Condi ticket.

To your point: not aiming to rev up the base and ONLY stealing swing votes is like ordering a hot dog with ketchup, mustard, relish and onions, hold the hot dog.

Flanders' formula for youthful living is two slices of white bread and water.

That's about as exciting as a Romney/Condi ticket.

To your point: not aiming to rev up the base and ONLY stealing swing votes is like ordering a hot dog with ketchup, mustard, relish and onions, hold the hot dog.

The implication was that he won't have to rev up the base. They're going to be coming out en masse to vote for him, regardless of whether he sends a thrill up their legs or not.

As somebody that is voting for Romney, I really like the Rice choice. I think she's competent, experienced and smart, and it wouldn't be her first rodeo in terms of Iran and the Middle East. It's an inspired choice.

I don't really care about where she stands on social issues because I don't find her positions to be all that radical and those types of issues are usually well outside the realm of VP duties. I think the next four years unfortunately will be about the economy and probably Iran and that's about it.

From a strategy point of view, the Democrats will probably try to Palin her but they will commit political suicide in doing so. I don't know how you rail against an educated, experienced woman who so happens to be African American and worked and earned her positions in government and elsewhere.

As somebody that is voting for Romney, I really like the Rice choice. I think she's competent, experienced and smart, and it wouldn't be her first rodeo in terms of Iran and the Middle East. It's an inspired choice.

I don't really care about where she stands on social issues because I don't find her positions to be all that radical and those types of issues are usually well outside the realm of VP duties. I think the next four years unfortunately will be about the economy and probably Iran and that's about it.

From a strategy point of view, the Democrats will probably try to Palin her but they will commit political suicide in doing so. I don't know how you rail against an educated, experienced woman who so happens to be African American and worked and earned her positions in government and elsewhere.

Yeah, it will be extraordinarily difficult to attack her competence and qualifications after her service as Secratary of State without coming across as completely misogynistic.

I got two words fer ya: "Bush bad!"