Condi being vetted for VP?

http://online.wsj.com/article/declarations.html

I've been speculating this for a couple weeks now. People I mention it to keep telling it won't happen.

Picking Biden shored up Obama's foreign policy creds in '08. Condi shores up Romney's foreign policy creds. Condi is a known quantity so the Media can't Palin her. Couple that with Condi being both black and a woman, and many a Lefty's head would explode.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been speculating this for a couple weeks now. People I mention it to keep telling it won't happen.

Picking Biden shored up Obama's foreign policy creds in '08. Condi shores up Romney's foreign policy creds. Condi is a known quantity so the Media can't Palin her. Couple that with Condi being both black and a woman, and many a Lefty's head would explode.

Heck, espn was discussing her as a possible head of this new playoff committee the NCAA is batting around for football. She's a popular name for "credibility."

Anyone that really thinks Biden enhanced Obama's "creds" is delusional... Face it... PBO was going to win even if he chose the master of foot in mouth disease... like good ole Joe...

My guess is only as good as the next mans, but I think it's been Rubio for months. Provided he came back clean which I'm sure he did.

Rubio should back off for now... he's too young, and while no one cares, the natural born citizen thing still needs explaining...

Condi has been saying all along that she's not a politician but a policy person. Actually her dream job is NFL Commissioner.

She actually borrowed that from a politician that dragged me into politics years ago.... I've since been "saved" and live a "normal" life, but Jack Kemp was an inspiration to a lot of people besides just me.... He coined that phrase years ago stating that NFL Commissioner was where the real power was!!!!

Only took till post #5.

Rubio should back off for now... he's too young, and while no one cares, the natural born citizen thing still needs explaining...

You can't be too young, too racially diverse, or too woman as a VP these days. After all nobody picks a VP based off an actual replacement for President anymore anyway. It's pure politics, the office is even more a joke now than it has been for the previous 200+ years. The Presidents attack dog/ticket-balancing-act who just so happens to do his bidding in the event of a vote tie in Senate. But I guess in the case of Bush it's Presidents personal "ask Jeeves."

Edited by TheNewBills

You can't be too young, too racially diverse, or too woman as a VP these days. After all nobody picks a VP based off an actual replacement for President anymore anyway. It's pure politics, the office is even more a joke now than it has been for the previous 200+ years. The Presidents attack dog/ticket-balancing-act who just so happens to do his bidding in the event of a vote tie in Senate. But I guess in the case of Bush it's Presidents personal "ask Jeeves."

Wow. Bush again?

As appealing of a pick she may be, she won't be the one. She's not enough of an attack dog and she's "moderately" pro choice

Do go on, you're selling me on it

Wow. Bush again?

I'm sorry I'm supposed to pretend Bush doesn't exist? I'm talking VP picks, Bush had one that contradicts what I was talking about. Are you this up tight in all aspects of your life?

Edited by TheNewBills

I'm thinking it's either Portman to help with a crucial Ohio, or my personal favorite current guv, Susanna Martinez, even tho in the media she's sworn off any hope or desire to be veep (those things are always subject to change if / when the nominee calls).

Highly doubt Condi. I don't think Romney wants such a direct connection as that. I'm not sure he really needs a veep to lend foreign policy cred... just one that has a history of talk AND action re: certain of the red-meat issues. To wit, Romney has a Europe jaunt scheduled for later this month to flex the FP muscles. Not sure this would be necessary if he were planning on running with Condi. Important for him to have these introductions and re-introductions, no doubt tho, to show and remind Americans that it's not just Obama who can speak with other countries. (And gosh, would be nice after four years to not have a leader apologizing, bowing and kissing *).

Rice would be an interesting choice, but I am pretty sure she is on record as saying she has no interest in the position... but leaking that she is being considered scores points for Romney...I personally think Rubio would decline... not sure how much this will matter when he chooses Tim Pawlenty! :P