Mario Williams House

Great buy by Mario. Also, he paid MORE than the asking price apparently so more money from the sale could go toward restitution for the victims of the former owners ponzi scheme.

It's nice to see that he bought a house here. The main reason being is that it clearly demonstrates that he likes and wants to be in Buffalo. Should help sign other FA who wrongly think Buffalo has nothing to offer. Great city, great people, terrible politicians/taxes. If they fix that last part, the city can become a national-leading city again. No reason it can't be "reborn" like Pittsburgh.

I like your points and I like the Pittsburgh analogy. It does bum me out when I hear how Pitt is thriving now. There is no reason Buffalo can't be the same way. Whenever my friends come to visit (and they come from Cali, Boston, NYC), they always have a great time. If you don't where to go or what to do, Buffalo probably would suck. Tonight for instance, there is Thursday at the Harbor. I wonder how many Bills even know that there is a free concert on the water in Buffalo on Thursdays?

As for the politicans, there are simply to many. I won't comment on Byron Brown as a major and start that debate. However, I know more buildings are being built downtown than I have ever seen before. Baby steps I guess.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riiiiiight. Most people with a garage drive into the driveway pressing the garage door opener, drive into the open garage, press "close" to close the garage door behind them, get their stuff together, and walk into the house.

That takes what .... 35 seconds? A minute, with a slow garage door opener or a long driveway? Most of which time is spent looking at the garage to ensure that the car waits until the garage door is sufficiently open and winds up parked neatly rather than impaled on the storage shelving, parked too close to the next car, or sticking out into the path of the door?

I repeat, how much time do you spend looking at the outside of your house?

Maybe you're different - maybe you get out of the car and spend several minutes standing at the end of the driveway admiring its architectural awesomeness (or lack thereof) before hopping back in and preceding with the sequence above.

I just bought a house and have not moved in. I live in CA we spend most of our time outside enjoying the nice weather. My house has tons of plants and flowers in front that will requrire lots of attention so yeah, I'll spend every weekend looking at the front of my house. And how much time do you spend looking at the back of your house. The backyard of that house needs a lot of work too.

Edit: sorry, about that. Didn't realize we cant post pictures on this forum? Those links lead you to inside pictures. Absolutely beautiful.

Not bad...

5+Woodcrest1.jpg

5+woodcrest11.png

5+woodcrest14.png

5+woodcrest16.png

5+woodcrest6.jpg

5+woodcrest7.jpg

Edited by dogma+

I was thinking what Jill Kelly tweeted and Mario retweeted:

Jill Kelly ‏@HJKforever

Sad that our street has now become a circus show. Thanks #BuffaloNews I'm certain @bbwolf94 wanted some privacy:(

Retweeted by Mario Williams

I was thinking what Jill Kelly tweeted and Mario retweeted:

Jill Kelly ‏@HJKforever

Sad that our street has now become a circus show. Thanks #BuffaloNews I'm certain @bbwolf94 wanted some privacy:(

Retweeted by Mario Williams

I was thinking the same thing the instant I read that article. They printed the man's address on the front page of the paper....wtf

He obviously got a good deal on the house. Other than the nice stone...I really don't like the place.He needs to put some money into landscaping.

A 10 million dollar house in SF bay area,CA would have about 120,000/yr in property taxes.So on this sized house you'd be better off in Buffalo -for an equivalent type place. But you could get that house in Sacramento area for about 3 million.And prop taxes would be about 36,000 /yr. So better off in SAC,CA .

Its really a wash in most of the normal price ranges.And in CA they nickel and dime you in other ways to make up for the low prop taxes...

I was thinking the same thing the instant I read that article. They printed the man's address on the front page of the paper....wtf

Mario's a public figure who bought a house of notoriety that used to belong to another public figure. And real estate transactions tend to be matters of public record anyway. If he wanted the house and was so concerned about privacy, why didn't he buy it through an LLC or something? Seems a guy making that kind of scratch would have good advisors for this kind of thing.

Great buy by Mario. Also, he paid MORE than the asking price apparently so more money from the sale could go toward restitution for the victims of the former owners ponzi scheme.

I

What??? No one offers more than asking on a repo (or any) house unless there is a bidding war.

You're saying that he essentially donated money to victims of a ponzi scheme? Putting aside the fact that that's a bit nuts, this mortgage was upside down. There is no extra money for victims. The bank gets it all.

He obviously got a good deal on the house. Other than the nice stone...I really don't like the place.He needs to put some money into landscaping.

A 10 million dollar house in SF bay area,CA would have about 120,000/yr in property taxes.So on this sized house you'd be better off in Buffalo -for an equivalent type place. But you could get that house in Sacramento area for about 3 million.And prop taxes would be about 36,000 /yr. So better off in SAC,CA .

Its really a wash in most of the normal price ranges.And in CA they nickel and dime you in other ways to make up for the low prop taxes...

Thanks for answering my question.

What??? No one offers more than asking on a repo (or any) house unless there is a bidding war.

You're saying that he essentially donated money to victims of a ponzi scheme? Putting aside the fact that that's a bit nuts, this mortgage was upside down. There is no extra money for victims. The bank gets it all.

I really can't follow whether he paid more to go to the victims, etc. That is the way the headline reads and the sub headline, but I don't see the mechanics of it in the story:

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article912598.ece

Mario's a public figure who bought a house of notoriety that used to belong to another public figure. And real estate transactions tend to be matters of public record anyway. If he wanted the house and was so concerned about privacy, why didn't he buy it through an LLC or something? Seems a guy making that kind of scratch would have good advisors for this kind of thing.

GTFO of here with that nonsense. It wasn't a house of notoriety until they ran that article, and no one cared who that shyster lawyer was. He didn't need an LLC for privacy - all he needed was for the local paper to not print his entire address right on the front page.

Now read the Wawrow article linked above. That's all the News had to say - "suburban Buffalo".

GTFO of here with that nonsense. It wasn't a house of notoriety until they ran that article, and no one cared who that shyster lawyer was. He didn't need an LLC for privacy - all he needed was for the local paper to not print his entire address right on the front page.

Now read the Wawrow article linked above. That's all the News had to say - "suburban Buffalo".

Pontiac GTO your own nonsense. In many cities, property owners are a matter of public record and can easily be searched by name or by address on the city website.

Many on this very forum seemed to know exactly where this neighborhood was back when Mario visited Jim Kelly there, before the Big Bad Media published anyone's address.

Was it in bad taste to publish the address? Maybe. Are we all bummed that Jill Kelly has a lookie-lou problem? Certainly. But this is the 21st century. If people want to find out where you live they will.

Edited by jimmyo

Yeah but you'd be living in Sacramento. :P

In many cities, property owners are a matter of public record and can easily be searched by name or by address on the city website.

No kidding, there's also 500,000+ addresses in the phone book, but there's a big freaking difference between that and printing it on the front page of the newspaper. I don't know why that's so hard to understand, maybe you work for the News?