It's time to get revved up!!

Alright halfway thru the video and a little bit thru the threads and I hope someone brought up his tackles. 5 years ago we would be disgusted by them - they are low shoelace type sacks. Now, we know he can tackle without drawing the penalty and against the Pats that is important.

Also, concerned with the way he gets so far downfield. We know the pats have weaknesses on the line but yet are always good at screens. I imagine more screens then ever to Andersons side on downs he is in; which is why I think Kelsay might get more playing time in the two bouts. Seriously, watched video again, a quicker trigger on those QB's they might have got some completions.

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright halfway thru the video and a little bit thru the threads and I hope someone brought up his tackles. 5 years ago we would be disgusted by them - they are low shoelace type sacks. Now, we know he can tackle without drawing the penalty and against the Pats that is important.

Also, concerned with the way he gets so far downfield. We know the pats have weaknesses on the line but yet are always good at screens. I imagine more screens then ever to Andersons side on downs he is in; which is why I think Kelsay might get more playing time in the two bouts. Seriously, watched video again, a quicker trigger on those QB's they might have got some completions.

I could see Kelsay getting the majority of the snaps in the 1st half since he might be the better all-around player. With the plan being, once we are in the lead and the other team is forced to pass, we put in a fresh Anderson and turn him loose.

What surprised me when watching this highlight video was Anderson's speed. He looked as quick off the line as Maybin was supposed to be, only add in the muscle mass, football instincts, and talent. Wow! I am psyched imagining what this line could do with Mario, Kyle, Marcel, Anderson, Merriman, and the others - if our secondary can play better than average, I can see QB's running for their lives all game long against us! Some one or two of these D-linemen are going to be singled every snap, and any of them are capable of getting off blocks quickly and getting into the backfield.

Football is going to be exciting this year!

Another thought came to me while watching this clip - our offensive line is going to get to practice all preseason against these guys. That will have to have positive growth potential for them. If they can learn to fare well in practice, they should do more than fine on Sundays.

That's why I keep saying we should move Merriman to OLB.

Our front 7 should be: Super Mario, Dareus, K Williams & Anderson on the line & then have Shep playing ILB with Lights Out & Barnett playing the edges!

Could be the best D !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

The Bills spent a lot of money on Mark Anderson.. Ever wonder why so much?

Go to this site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrR2ydrgxsY&feature=related

Watch the video and look how quick he is... He seems to have two speeds.

One to get pass the first defender and the second to get to the QB

You have to love his determination.. The pressure on the QB... and his ability to get to the QB

The Fans are going to love this guy...

How many sacks can the Bills entire team get this year? MY guess...48 and what is yours?

What I ended up watching the most was his footwork. He has some really good footwork when getting around Olinemen. He gets the lineman going in one direction and uses his quick feet to work around the guy. And he's got a good burst to the QB once he clears the oline. This should be a fun season guys. And I almost got rid of Direct TV.

I watched that video and I am impressed.

Mark Anderson:

-Seems like he was Ne's best d-lineman last year

-looks huge and very athletic

-incredibly fast coming around the edge

-has a knack for sacking sancheZ, I love that

-he always seems to be going for the strip sack

-not afraid to punish the QB with a big hit

-I love his excitement after a great play

Edited by Bills!Win!

But if he's so good why is this his 4th team in what will be 7 seasons? Why did Houston and Pats let him walk after only a season ?

This is just a general comment, and not about Mark Anderson in particular: not every team and circumstance provides the "right" opportunity for every player, and believe it or not, some players do learn and develop over a number of years before they find their true potential.

I think your question is an attempt to imply that Mark Anderson "ain't all that." I guess we'll see.

This is probably my Buffalo Bills insecurity shining through but my thoughts are always these guys were great on other teams and when they suit up for my beloved Bills they will miraculously become very average....this goes for mario williams as well....with that said I am still pumped!