Kirk Morrison, tackling machine

I don't think Morrison is going to be relied upon to do all that much. During draft discussions Buddy claimed they ran nickel around 50% of the time which Morrison will have no part of unless there are injuries. I think he's a worthy player for the role that he'll be asked to fill.

If you consider that the defense is on the field for an average of 60-70 plays per game, over a 16 game season that's basically 1000 plays. So that's saying he averaged making a solo tackle on every play. So on above-average years, he may have made some tackles against his own offense because he was bored.

If you consider that the defense is on the field for an average of 60-70 plays per game, over a 16 game season that's basically 1000 plays. So that's saying he averaged making a solo tackle on every play. So on above-average years, he may have made some tackles against his own offense because he was bored.

He was just getting extra work in. Don't hate

This statistic is a little misleading, as Morrison also held down a part-time job as an office linebacker while in Oakland. "You know you need a cover sheet on your TPS reports Brenda...here comes the pain train...whoo whoo!!!"

Office Linebacker is priceless

Sounds like a lunch bucket type of Buffalo Bill...dome to work and do the job. Wish him well.

He may sound like a lunch bucket type, but he sure doesn't look it.. :D

I think as long as the DL mainstays can stay healthy, Morrison will be fine. :thumbsup:

Morrison will surprise. he was behind Barnett and then when we said season over, we put Shepp in for developmental reps lastear, deservedly.

Dont count out this guy.he's smart and solid. We should be glad to have him. But better yet we drafted some up and coming guys for the future. so i think we will be fine with him at sam in Wannys fourthree

Edited by 3rdand12