Dark Side of The Moon or Wall

millbank

Making of The Dark Side of The Moon

Making of The Wall

Waters on The Wall

Few people would not have both of these albums in their collections or at least heard and seen them. Both have endured the test of time and each have their place in music history, which Pink Floyd album, in your opinion is the greatest overall, Dark Side of The Moon or The Wall? and why?

There are likely better links online available that are better but found both these to be lengthy but interesting.

Edited by millbank

can I start a write in campaign for Animals?

Out of the 2 I have a difficult time deciding. I have owned the wall on vhs, dvd, and cd, as well as plans to see Waters perform it in Buffalo. I have owned Darkside on vinyl, dvd, and saw Waters perform it at Darien Lake. Gun to my head I have no idea which I would pick.

Out of the 2 I have a difficult time deciding. I have owned the wall on vhs, dvd, and cd, as well as plans to see Waters perform it in Buffalo. I have owned Darkside on vinyl, dvd, and saw Waters perform it at Darien Lake. Gun to my head I have no idea which I would pick.

Animals is my favorite PF album as well and by a lot. If I had to choose between The Wall or DSOTM, I would have to say The Wall.

Dark side stands up on its own merits...the wall has all the theatrics that enhance it so well...DSOTM or Animals to me are ranked above The Wall, as an album,...that said i'd be equally happy listening to any or all 3

Edited by The Poojer

Dark side stands up on its own merits...the wall has all the theatrics that enhance it so well...DSOM or Animals to me are ranked above The Wall, as an album,...that said i'd be equally happy listening to any or all 3

I know it may be blasphemy to say this but Division Bell ranks very high on my list. Gilmour impressed me so much and the vocals were incredibly haunting esp on what do you want from me and keep talking. It was a classic case of breaking up with a girl, finding that album , and feeling like it spoke to me personally.

ain't nuttin' wrong with that at all!! that's what makes music so awesome!

I know it may be blasphemy to say this but Division Bell ranks very high on my list. Gilmour impressed me so much and the vocals were incredibly haunting esp on what do you want from me and keep talking. It was a classic case of breaking up with a girl, finding that album , and feeling like it spoke to me personally.

Only if I get to make the case for Wish You Were Here. ;)

Of the 2 to choose from, I'd lean towards The Dark Side of the Moon. That album fits into better memories for me than does The Wall. Add in Dick Parry on sax and Clare Torry >>> Toni Tenille and I'd definitely go with TDSOTM.

Saw Waters play The Wall last time he came through town. It is amazing, you're in for a VERY good show. My wife, who REALLY dislikes The Wall thought the show was fantastic.

ain't nuttin' wrong with that at all!! that's what makes music so awesome!

Dark Side for sure. I so wish I had seen Waters do that in '07. I may still go see The Wall - that show looked very impressive on 60 Minutes, but not if he did Dark Side again, I'd go for sure.

+1000000

Animals is an excellent album (Dogs is an all time favorite song), but to keep with the purpose of this thread...

DSOTM > The Wall

To me The Wall has always been overrated, even though Comf. Numb is on there. ABITW Part 2 is a terrible song...

PS: Division Bell has a couple great songs that always seem to be underrated Coming Back to Life and What Do You Want From Me?