Merriman Cleared

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweeted Time to send out the disconnect notices. Lights out is back. Cleared by his doctor. Hope so.

Wonder if he was cleared for "full participation" in the OTA's? I don't know his current condition exactly, but I would almost like to see hm brought along slowly similar to Kyle Williams and Terrence McGee. I think they will handle Merriman very carefully this off season.

Wonder if he was cleared for "full participation" in the OTA's? I don't know his current condition exactly, but I would almost like to see hm brought along slowly similar to Kyle Williams and Terrence McGee. I think they will handle Merriman very carefully this off season.

Didn`t say. Said he was glad he could now join his team mates.

On one hand I favor letting him recuperate longer. OTOH, I suppose seeing what he's got now is better than waiting for TC.

Based in your expert medical opinion? Or just in depth knowledge of his current condition?

Docs say he's good, let him run with the team.

I don't think I have ever seen a Bills unit that had such a positive makeover in a single year when you consider we added a healthy Shawne Merriman, Kyle Williams, Troupe and McGee; Free agents Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, then drafting Stephon Gilmore -- that's five or six starters and one or two #1 back-ups depending on how you count. UnBillievable. They have the makings of a top ten defense.

I said I could see both sides.

How can you see either? Have the doctors already brought him slow? Are they rushing him now? Is the time just right? Without really knowing the injury, treatment or jack about medicine- its hard to say we see any side to it, no? It's mostly just a blind faith spot as an outsider.

He was cleared lsst season and couldn't make it past preseason. If he can stay active and contribute even a good part of this season, it will be a major plus.

Technically, he did make it past pre-season last year. Sure it was only five games, but he was our best defender during that time.

Shawne Merriman. Comeback Player of the Year. Get used to it.

GO BILLS!!!

When he was picked up on waivers 2 seasons ago he was supposedly given green light from drs too. Then last I think he made it thru something like 5 games going down to an achilles injury which again he'd supposedly healed. Let's hope 3x is the charm but I'll believe it when I see it. My fear is he knows he's done and I just milking bills for as long as he can, thats why all the showy "I'm healed!l tweets

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

When he was picked up on waivers 2 seasons ago he was supposedly given green light from drs too. Then last I think he made it thru something like 5 games going down to an achilles injury which again he'd supposedly healed. Let's hope 3x is the charm but I'll believe it when I see it. My fear is he knows he's done and I just milking bills for as long as he can, thats why all the showy "I'm healed!l tweets

He tweets all kinds of stuff that's showy. I'd think it stranger if he didn't mention his health.

My hope currently is that he finally got the injury repaired and not just time and luck going into it. I can't speak to success but the treatment was different.

That's not entirely accurate. Doctors had given him the option to have his tendon surgically repaired after he was placed on IR in 2010. He elected not to. It didn't work, obviously. Gotta think that since he finally elected to have it treated properly that he's healthier than he's been his knee surgery in '08. We'll see.

GO BILLS!!!

How can you see either? Have the doctors already brought him slow? Are they rushing him now? Is the time just right? Without really knowing the injury, treatment or jack about medicine- its hard to say we see any side to it, no? It's mostly just a blind faith spot as an outsider.

I see Docs point

we want Shawn to be healthy SO bad.....that if even if he had an extra month of time and it would make a difference we would give it....

This is the thing

You could hear it in Chans voice today in his presser when he was talking about Merriman....he is fed up.....its put up or shut up time......you can either still be a football player or you cant. Chans patience for this whole situation has run out.