I think the Bills should sign Visanthe Shiancoe TE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visanthe Shiancoe is a huge TE that can block, catch, and run. I think the Bills should consider this guy if the price is right. Any thought?

you just have to ask....Why haven't they been signed by anybody yet? Remind me of a party i was at years ago, there was a gorgeous women that nobody was with or trying to get with....I ask whats the deal with that? they replied...she has VD.... I said ahh say no more. the moral of the story is that if there is something you think is really nice and nobody else wants it there must be a reason.

you just have to ask....Why haven't they been signed by anybody yet? Remind me of a party i was at years ago, there was a gorgeous women that nobody was with or trying to get with....I ask whats the deal with that? they replied...she has VD.... I said ahh say no more. the moral of the story is that if there is something you think is really nice and nobody else wants it there must be a reason.

So what's your answer?

Maybe an injury healing up we haven't heard much about?

Just aging and lost a step?

Wants too much?

Locker room rep?

Enlighten us, what is the VD here, and can it be cured?

How is Dallas Clark done? Because he posted bad numbers with Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter throwing to him? He's just 2 years removed from a 1,000 yd 10 TD season. He's not done and he's different from any of the TE's we already have.

He looked terribly ineffective when I saw him. It wasn't the qb missing him. Granted, who could watch much of the colts last year.

So what's your answer?

Wants too much?

Locker room rep?

Enlighten us, what is the VD here, and can it be cured?

I dont have an answer....but the people that make a living evaluating, signing, and determining what they need to make their organizations better must know something. Good players just dont sit on the market. Shiancoe had 2 good seasons one when Favre was there, the other 7 he was average at best...so the vd might be that he is just not that good. Dallas Clark is 32 has had a productive career so his vd could possible be age and price.

Just because we signed some players and have given the media something to talk about..We still havent won game, still dont have a franchise QB...Blo isnt exactly a destination to finish your career...So we may be the one with vd still

Edited by BILLriant

Guys dont you think if either of these TE's had anything left they would already be signed?

Unfortunately, this.

The only other thing would be if they were asking too much, but in that case you woulda heard the player or agent leaking info about his job search, trying to drum up a market or bidding war. You hear occasionally about Clark, but nothing about Shancoe.

So i'll hafta pass.

Scott Chandler was on let go and was on the street too...

I understand the point you're trying to make but the difference is that Chandler was an unknown who had not yet been given a chance where Shiancoe and Clark are known quantities… so it's not quite the same.

Sometimes players who are thought to be washed up have a little bit left in the tank and sometimes not.

I trust Chixley to make the right decisions.

Sometimes players who are thought to be washed up have a little bit left in the tank and sometimes not.

James Lofton for example?

Dude had plenty of game left when he came here.

Clark is a bit small and doesn't run block at all. Shiancoe on the other hand put up similar stats to Chandler last season and Shiancoe had McNabb and Ponder throwing to him not exactly great QB play. I think Shiancoe as a backup would fill out a small need for depth at tightend and make the roster a little bit better for a small price. While Chandler would be a better blocker Shiancoe would at least provide a similar if not better receiving threat and at least be a somewhat willing blocker.

I like him. We could use another TE. I think Clark is done or he'd be in Denver w/ Manning.

Edited by RyanC883

I like him. We could use another TE. I think Clark is done or he'd be in Denver w/ Manning.

I'd take a look at "the soldier" down in TB who might be released. Despite the talk about his injuries, Winslow has shown really good consistency the past few seasons. He will never be a 80rec 1000yd guy like he was in Cleveland, but his past three years w/ the Bucs he's 70rec for 750yds type of player.

I'm all for building with the young guys, but if were not going to draft a quality TE to pair w/ Chandler, going this route isn't a bad idea.

Guys dont you think if either of these TE's had anything left they would already be signed?

This is an ipse dixit argument. Because a player is available, nobody wants him. Because nobody wants him, we shouldn't sign him. Thus, nobody should sign available players. The same applies to contracts. When the Bills sign a free agent, the Bills will always pay more for a player than any other team is willing to pay. There are lots of reasons why players might still be available: teams are waiting for injuries to heal; many teams are happy with their depth at a particular position; the player is waiting for injuries during camp to get a better situation/contract; front offices have been busy with camps, the draft, signing picks. These guys may be done, but their availability is not a reason in and of itself to exclude them from consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

So what's your answer?

Wants too much?

Locker room rep?

The answer is, very clearly, Visanthe Shiancoe has a venereal disease. My guess is Syphilis. I imagine it's very difficult to put on that tight jock strap when your junk is covered with painful blisters :sick: Consequently, his career is over.