Vince Young to address the media at 1pm

Who the hell cares who talks to the media? He is a Buffalo Bill and training camp is around the corner. Let's get into what is shaping up to be a memorable season and screw any possible controversy. If you ninnies need something to B word and moan about, do it somewhere else.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vince Young has signed. He's a Buffalo Bill. No amount of wining or complaining is going to change that fact. No amount of "this is a bad idea!!!!" is going to matter.

Quit being a hater kota. Give him a chance to suit up before you crap all over the guy and the move. Because that's all i've seen from you since he signed.

Who the hell do you think you are, bashing posters for their views? A pen in your hand is NOT mightier than the sword, scribe. Obviously, your 'insights' don't serve you well because, yes, your cohorts jumped all over VY's Dream Team comment to the point where even the lowly Bills were stoked to measure themselves against the media-hyped Super squad. Every team the Eagles faced brought their A-game. Here's another reality check for you: Young has all but ruined a pro football career through carelessness and belligerence to authority figures. Then he walked out on his team and reportedly -probably by you- tried to commit suicide. Yet another failure on his part. Neither you or I are in his head, so we don't know specifically what his intentions are or where he's 'at'. But we know he considers himself a starter and that, coupled with consistent immaturity, has many Bills fans wary. IMO, giving the 'backup QB' face time with the press is a questionable choice.

Lighten up.

Get over yourself. And get some raid to kill that bug lodged in your colon.

Just out of curiosity, in your experience, does a newly-signed backup quarterback give a press conference? Or is this only because he's high profile for a backup? (Let's not even get into the circus that was the presser for the Jets' new backup!)

you just answered your own question.

jw

i'm not kidding.

no, he's not Tebow, and this isn't NYC. but c'mon, to say his signing in Buffalo doesn't merit attention -- or at least an availability -- then i'm not entirely sure what you would expect.

the fact that he took the podium was a result that there were six or seven cameras here. it's easier on everyone for him to take questions from the stage.

moreso, is Vince Young not still a high-profile name in the NFL? let's face it, he won a national championship, was the NFL's 2006 offensive rookie of the year. his signing in Philadelphia made headlines. his signing in Buffalo has led to how many threads about him on this board, including this one. there's another one with 40 pages.

Do you honestly think anyone outside of Buffalo cares about a washed up QB signing with the Bills? Let him talk, who cares.

people in Texas. people in Philly. people in Tennessee. ... if Fitz does get hurt, might it not matter then? seems to me there was a point where there was plenty of discussion regarding Kelly Holcomb, who didn't exactly have Vince Young's resume. or Brian Brohm for that matter, though it didn't lead to a 40-page thread.

from what I've seen, the only people that have brought up Flutie-Johnson are those people on this board. at no point have i or anyone in the Buffalo News written that.

and yet, some posters here think there should be a hands-off approach to Vince because why? he needs to be treated with kid gloves? they're Fitzpatrick fans? they don't agree with the move?

well, tough nuts. he's here. he's signed. he was made available to the media. he said a bunch of stuff. we quoted him.

no different than anybody else of a player of his caliber. he's not Dorin Dickerson, no offense to him, who didn't get a press conference, but he's also not Mario Williams or T.O. or Drew Bledsoe. so i didn't see a marching band outside, nor did i think it merited it.

jw

Who the hell do you think you are ... Lighten up.

should I or you go first on that suggestion?

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Vince Young: "I am anxious to learn even more to make my game even better"

Vince Young: looking forward to working with Bills QB coaches on fundamentals to fine tune his technique.

Young with his experience in the NFL: "You can make the game fun" with ability to understand defenses/protections

Young on Gailey: "he understands his players, and he knows what he's doing."

Young on backup role: "All you can do is come in and work. You always have to be ready because you never know what's going to happen"

Young: "As the years go on, guys get more mature. That's the biggest thing I've learned."

Young: "It's not about me...I just want to go out and play football and help out any way I can."

I think the VY signing is great. Possibly the second best off season move by Nix. Time will tell. How can anyone not want an upgrade at the backup position is beyond me. Something many here have forgot in the long, long drought. This QB actually has a winning record as a starter. Not a single other QB can lay claim to that here.

people in Texas. people in Philly. people in Tennessee. ... if Fitz does get hurt, might it not matter then? seems to me there was a point where there was plenty of discussion regarding Kelly Holcomb, who didn't exactly have Vince Young's resume. or Brian Brohm for that matter, though it didn't lead to a 40-page thread.

from what I've seen, the only people that have brought up Flutie-Johnson are those people on this board. at no point have i or anyone in the Buffalo News written that.

and yet, some posters here think there should be a hands-off approach to Vince because why? he needs to be treated with kid gloves? they're Fitzpatrick fans? they don't agree with the move?

well, tough nuts. he's here. he's signed. he was made available to the media. he said a bunch of stuff. we quoted him.

no different than anybody else of a player of his caliber. he's not Dorin Dickerson, no offense to him, who didn't get a press conference, but he's also not Mario Williams or T.O. or Drew Bledsoe. so i didn't see a marching band outside, nor did i think it merited it.

jw

at some point, you just have to accept that this is going to be a spot where a lot of people that have the primary qualification of having a lot of free time, want to over analyze every single step that the team takes. i think we all get caught up in it sometimes but this thread really has been on a few occasions a head scratcher. ill count myself in it on occasion too, but to be upset that a high profile name had a media availability after his signing (or really even care one way or the other) is just strange. its caring too much about the day to day happenings.

hes a multi million dollar employee, at the most important position in the house. hes a household name. hes been a topic on espn daily since the signing, and the press wants to ask him a few questions. as you noted, enough showed up that logistically they tossed him on stage. i wouldnt qualify it as a press conference by any means. if the media wanted to talk to Dorin, id expect the bills to accomodate it as well. they have done so for a wide array of players. typically the media that wants to cover our signings amounts to chris brown doing a short interview, but in this case some more came out. really, whatever. i know may is slow.... but.... really? were going to get upset over how the bills handle this situation? as JW noted, its not like they had a parade or gave him the key to the city.

Edited by NoSaint

Who the hell do you think you are, bashing posters for their views? A pen in your hand is NOT mightier than the sword, scribe. Obviously, your 'insights' don't serve you well because, yes, your cohorts jumped all over VY's Dream Team comment to the point where even the lowly Bills were stoked to measure themselves against the media-hyped Super squad. Every team the Eagles faced brought their A-game. Here's another reality check for you: Young has all but ruined a pro football career through carelessness and belligerence to authority figures. Then he walked out on his team and reportedly -probably by you- tried to commit suicide. Yet another failure on his part. Neither you or I are in his head, so we don't know specifically what his intentions are or where he's 'at'. But we know he considers himself a starter and that, coupled with consistent immaturity, has many Bills fans wary. IMO, giving the 'backup QB' face time with the press is a questionable choice.

Lighten up.

You lighten up buddy

Who the hell do you think you are bashing one of our high profile posters? There was no reason for a response like this, jw's entitled to express his opinion.

Edited by Fig Newton

you just answered your own question.

jw

i'm not kidding.

no, he's not Tebow, and this isn't NYC. but c'mon, to say his signing in Buffalo doesn't merit attention -- or at least an availability -- then i'm not entirely sure what you would expect.

the fact that he took the podium was a result that there were six or seven cameras here. it's easier on everyone for him to take questions from the stage.

moreso, is Vince Young not still a high-profile name in the NFL? let's face it, he won a national championship, was the NFL's 2006 offensive rookie of the year. his signing in Philadelphia made headlines. his signing in Buffalo has led to how many threads about him on this board, including this one. there's another one with 40 pages.

Like I said earlier, Tyler Thigpen had a "press conference" when he was signed last summer. Not sure why people think a FA talking to the media after being signed is such a huge event. It happens. Quite regularly in fact.

Like I said earlier, Tyler Thigpen had a "press conference" when he was signed last summer. Not sure why people think a FA talking to the media after being signed is such a huge event. It happens. Quite regularly in fact.

Maybe people ar eupset with this one because they know Young has displayed the ability to be a starter.

But like Fitz he has inconsistances with his play. Both for completely oposite reasons.

I do not see a controversy unless Fitzs' play allows for one. By that i mean long stretches of questionable decision making.

Never once last year do i recall hearing anyone asking for Thigpen. It will be different this year if Young has a good preseason and keeps a good attitude.

[

Never once last year do i recall hearing anyone asking for Thigpen. It will be different this year if Young has a good preseason and keeps a good attitude.

Fair enough. As you mentioned also but not quoted here, if Fitzy struggles again. We might have a truly competent back up on our hands. Jeebus i hope so after last year decline.

This is how we segregate fickle fans.

Fitz is the guy.

nuff said.

You lighten up buddy

Who the hell do you think you are bashing one of our high profile posters? There was no reason for a response like this, jw's entitled to express his opinion.

See! Vince Young is already causing strife.

He's dividing us when we need to be united.

:devil:

See! Vince Young is already causing strife.

He's dividing us when we need to be united.

:devil:

Actually, there's nothing better on this board than a QB controversy, good times! :lol:

I like Fitz. I thought he did a great job the 1st Q+ of 2011, and I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt re: injured ribs & all the other injuries that killed this team. Nothing would make me happier than to see him return to that early season form, show consistency, and lead this team back to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

But I like VY too, always been a fan. Damn shame what has happened to his career thus far, so much squandered. I would love to see Chan turn him around and fully utilize his immense talent.. :thumbsup:

Fitz is undoubtedly the starter right now. If he can maintain consistent performances, that won't change. If he should falter though... if he is the obvious one holding this team back from winning games and if VY has shown anything, make no mistake, Fitz will be sitting and VY will be playing. It happened to RJ with Flutie, it happened to D-Mac with Vick, and it will happen to Fitz. Sorry haters, you can cry into your new Tank Carder jerseys. :D

Me, I don't care either way, so long as the team wins. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rico

Actually, there's nothing better on this board than a QB controversy, good times! :lol:

I like Fitz. I thought he did a great job the 1st Q+ of 2011, and I'm more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt re: injured ribs & all the other injuries that killed this team. Nothing would make me happier than to see him return to that early season form, show consistency, and lead this team back to the playoffs. :thumbsup:

But I like VY too, always been a fan. Damn shame what has happened to his career thus far, so much squandered. I would love to see Chan turn him around and fully utilize his immense talent.. :thumbsup:

Fitz is undoubtedly the starter right now. If he can maintain consistent performances, that won't change. If he should falter though... if he is the obvious one holding this team back from winning games and if VY has shown anything, make no mistake, Fitz will be sitting and VY will be playing. It happened to RJ with Flutie, it happened to D-Mac with Vick, and it will happen to Fitz. Sorry haters, you can cry into your new Tank Carder jerseys. :D

Me, I don't care either way, so long as the team wins. :thumbsup:

I would put the chance of the above scenario as "likely". Bottom line this team just needs to win games, a lot more games.

You lighten up buddy

As is chandler81. I dont think anyone should make condescending posts. Even "high profile" posters. Are you trying to earn brownie points or something?