Gailey on QB Tanney

Joe Buscgalia stated on WGR (can be heard in the audio vault) that Tanney did not look very good. He said that his throws longer than 15 yards had a "wobble" to them. He said he didn't think that Tanney would be brought back after this weekends performance.

Shucks.

Damn. I knew they should have had him throwing to guys in pickups driving down the sideline.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt there will be any "surprises" at the QB position. I'd bet almost anything that (barring injury) when the final roster comes out, Fitzy is obviously #1, VY is #2, thigpen is cut, and a guy like Corp will be on the practice squad. Brad Smith will be the #3 QB on the roster when the season starts.

I doubt there will be any "surprises" at the QB position. I'd bet almost anything that (barring injury) when the final roster comes out, Fitzy is obviously #1, VY is #2, thigpen is cut, and a guy like Corp will be on the practice squad. Brad Smith will be the #3 QB on the roster when the season starts.

Yup. A surprise would be anything but this. I would also view having either undrafted QB making it to NEXT years roster or practice squad a surprise.

Damn. I knew they should have had him throwing to guys in pickups driving down the sideline.

I dunno, eball.

I was out at the stadium last Friday (to get info from the ticket office about post office issue I'm having ) - the rookie camp was in full swing when, as I pulled out and headed back home, Tanney put a perfect spiral right thru my open sunroof as I was turning from Abbott onto Big Tree Road.

I'm not quite ready to give up on the guy...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

Joe Buscgalia stated on WGR (can be heard in the audio vault) that Tanney did not look very good. He said that his throws longer than 15 yards had a "wobble" to them. He said he didn't think that Tanney would be brought back after this weekends performance.

Shucks.

It only matters what David Lee and Chan Gailey thinks of Tanney. I always take those radio guys reports with a grain of salt.

It only matters what David Lee and Chan Gailey thinks of Tanney. I always take those radio guys reports with a grain of salt.

Agreed. I just read an unsubstantiated report that Aaron Corp was released today. So either they liked neither of the young QBs or they will now sign Tanney when a roster spot opens up.

Agreed. I just read an unsubstantiated report that Aaron Corp was released today. So either they liked neither of the young QBs or they will now sign Tanney when a roster spot opens up.

yep, confirmed by Bills text.

I do too. But when someone who was allowed to view the practice on Friday gives details such as his ball was wobbly and at times, took to long to get there; that's hard to argue unless he was flat out lying.

Considering they released Corp and still didn't sign Tanney, i'm going to say he wasn't.

I agree with this -- I believe this minicamp is the first step in a 1-on-1 competition between Corp and Tanney to determine who becomes the Bills developmental QB.

Corp cut today, so it looks like Tanney will stay around for awhile. At least he'll get a chance to see what he can do.

Let's just get it over & put the QB order like this --

#1) Fitz - #2) V . Young - #3) Tanney .. It's an instant up grade from Thigpen !! Just in experience alone , & B . Smith make a trade for another pick . With all that we have at WR why waste a roster spot with him get something for him . Young can do all that Smith has done for the team (besides being a WR if needed) so let's just do it !!

That way we can also save a couple of mil or so in cap room by getting rid of their 2 contracts which wouldn't hurt ??

Tanney has shown nothing. You are crazy if you think that Tanney is "an instant up grade (sic)" from Thigpen. As for "& B . Smith make a trade for another pick," I have no idea what that statement is supposed to mean. Are you saying we should draft Brad Smith for a draft pick? I doubt the Bills would make such a move, especially considering his relative value to our system. Most teams wouldn't give up a 6th rounder for Smith; we're better off seeing how he does with another year on the team.

I think Thigpen is gone, but Tanney, at this point, is far from being the #3.

Shucks.

Tanney actually had a chance to show off his incredible accuracy live for the team and the media during Friday’s opening day of camp. Running a normal throwing drill, Tanney had two big nets 20 yards down the field with little pouches cut out. Tanney dropped balls right into the pouch dead center over and over, showing his video is no trick.

(link)

Hmm...kinda makes you wonder if Joe was really even there on Friday, or if he knew which QB was Corp and which one was Tanney :unsure: