Gailey on QB Tanney

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have something that hasnt been said: there will be no ps qb

chan has said in the past he doesnt like to use ps for the qb because they get no practice reps. qb1&2 get all the gameplan reps, qb3 runs the scout team. the ps qb stands around and only gets practice reps a couple times a month or if he can bribe wrs to stay late. thus the idea that the ps is normally used to develop players doesnt apply to qbs because they cant develop much if they arent throwing

further, chans track record shows he only put levi brown on the ps after already cutting him once and when he had nobody else he wanted there, as soon as they found somebody they cut brown unceremoniously

so just forget the idea that there will be any qb on the ps - and if one does somehow land there make sure to keep the car running cuz hes gonna be sent packing any day

i have something that hasnt been said: there will be no ps qb

chan has said in the past he doesnt like to use ps for the qb because they get no practice reps. qb1&2 get all the gameplan reps, qb3 runs the scout team. the ps qb stands around and only gets practice reps a couple times a month or if he can bribe wrs to stay late. thus the idea that the ps is normally used to develop players doesnt apply to qbs because they cant develop much if they arent throwing

further, chans track record shows he only put levi brown on the ps after already cutting him once and when he had nobody else he wanted there, as soon as they found somebody they cut brown unceremoniously

so just forget the idea that there will be any qb on the ps - and if one does somehow land there make sure to keep the car running cuz hes gonna be sent packing any day

I think the thought is that Smith will be their 3rd QB, so that scout team QB will be on the practice squad.

But perhaps you're right, it seems as though they didn't have an extra QB last season beyond Fitz and Thigpen.

Edited by Carey Bender

Tanney has shown nothing. You are crazy if you think that Tanney is "an instant up grade (sic)" from Thigpen. As for "& B . Smith make a trade for another pick," I have no idea what that statement is supposed to mean. Are you saying we should draft Brad Smith for a draft pick? I doubt the Bills would make such a move, especially considering his relative value to our system. Most teams wouldn't give up a 6th rounder for Smith; we're better off seeing how he does with another year on the team.

I think Thigpen is gone, but Tanney, at this point, is far from being the #3.

I would be an instant upgrade from Pigpen - the guy is f'n awful and shouldn't even be on an NFL roster.

I think the thought is that Smith will be their 3rd QB, so that scout team QB will be on the practice squad.

But perhaps you're right, it seems as though they didn't have an extra QB last season beyond Fitz and Thigpen.

They didn't have anyone beyond Thigpen. I'd rather have Fred as a emergency Q-back than Smith or Thigpen.