Disappointment at conclusion of Bills games

Over the years there have been many memorable losses the Bill have been part in. Post the one you find most disappointing and why you think they lost.

My personal favorite: Super Bowl XXV Late in the game as the Bills were driving Jim Kelly had apass to one of the TE's and the ref piddle-farted around for 10 to 15 seconds before finally placing the ball on the right hash mark. Had the ref had hurried I am sure the Bills could have had 1 more play then spiked the ball or what not and the ball may have been in a different place. To me the ref(s) kept the Bills from the win and as always you have to play them and the other team. Most miserable loss.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need I say Music City Horseshit? You know, the forward lateral? Yeah that one. Or how about the year before that where Eric Moulds (sp) scored a touchdown late in the game for the go ahead and about 30 seconds after he scored the ref threw a flag for "off sides".

When they lost to the Pats in '98 after an interference call and wouldn't even come back on for the extra point. I believe they stopped them short on a fourth and ten in that one and one of the refs was like, "Just give it to 'em!

The list goes on and on...

Baltimore ravens game when Nelson was held in the air and stripped by ray Lewis in overtime.

Steelers game when Stevie dropped the touchdown in overtime.

Last seasons no call on the pass interference on Stevie during the final drive of the bengals game.

Leodis Mckelvins fumble during the game opener against the pats while we were up!

The list goes on and on lol!

I'd have fo say the one that is most disapointing and memorable for me is the Monday night loss to Dallas. Could have been won with some better clock killing, which is why I go so frustrated when I see Chan get pass happy.

Giants

Phins

Bengals

Titans

Patriots

All from past year could have made big differences in our record.

Super Bowl XXV and there isn't a close second.

Home run Throwback induced anger - to the degree that my yelling at the TV pulled a stitch knot through in my mouth where my wisdom teeth had been the day before.

No Goal however induced a level of sheer rage that I honestly hope I never reach again. I scared myself.

There are so many to choose from. Here are two from recent memory:

1) Jags beating us in the home opener on the last play of the game.

2) Broncos beating us (I believe it was also the opener) when Elam came racing out to kick the GW FG as time expired. (Gus Johnson yelling, "they're out of time; they're going to run out of time...oh, they got it off. he made it..broncos win...unbelievable....")

The Primetime game against NE when Leodis fumbled the ball on the kick off. I can't remember being more disappointed in my life! A close second was the last sniff at the playoffs when we lost to the steelers in the last game of the season. The steelers were playing 2nd and 3rd string players and we still lost.

Over the years there have been many memorable losses the Bill have been part in. Post the one you find most disappointing and why you think they lost.

My personal favorite: Super Bowl XXV Late in the game as the Bills were driving Jim Kelly had apass to one of the TE's and the ref piddle-farted around for 10 to 15 seconds before finally placing the ball on the right hash mark. Had the ref had hurried I am sure the Bills could have had 1 more play then spiked the ball or what not and the ball may have been in a different place. To me the ref(s) kept the Bills from the win and as always you have to play them and the other team. Most miserable loss.

How about the fact that the Giants D-Line was kicking the ball after the umpire had set it on the final drive, and the clock continued to run as the umpire reset the ball. Of course no delay of game was called.

Wide right obviously; but it was also on my 14th birthday :cry::censored:

:o.....:cry:.......:beer:

Kelly threw too much in the first half, they should have run Thurman more. Belicheat even stated he setup a new defense specifically for that game. A 5-1-5 defense and Lawrence Taylor was the only backer to spy Thurman, so Kelly threw right into the teeth.

In order:

1. Superbowl XXV

2. Superbowl XXVI

3. Superbowl XXVII

4. Superbowl XXVIII

5. Bills/Jags 1996 Playoffs - end of an era, when Jim Kelly is knocked out of the game

6. Bills/Titans - The forward lateral/Flutie benched - both were B.S.

7. Bills/Steelers 2004 - eliminated from the playoffs by a bunch of backups

8. Bills/Pats - an 11 point lead blown (take a knee McKelvin)

9. Bills/Dallas - MNF - prevent defense & bad special teams cost the Bills

10. Bills/Broncos - Lost by a last second field goal, and horrible game management by Jauron & Losman